I've seen in this official link that you can download skype for blacberry if you use Verizon, 3 and Telkomsel.

https://support.skype.com/es/faq/FA1...irstPage=false

Does anyone know why is it only available for them?

(I'm sorry the link is in spanish, but it is ease to understand)

And another question. Would it be possible to get de .bar file and install it on a different blackberry?
    11-21-12 09:35 AM
    It's a BlackBerry app and it sucks. It's not like the Skype you're expecting.
    11-21-12 10:06 AM
    I don't really know any spanish but I'm pretty sure that is for Blackberry phones.. So no .bar and working on PlayBook is out of question..
    And that too not for all Blackberry phones either.. From what I've read it was deal between Skype and Verizon to limit the app to only their network or something like that..
    11-21-12 11:06 AM
    First off, that is for BBOS devices running BB5/6/7. The reason that it is only available through those carriers is that the CDMA versions of those phones don't support VOIP. The way it works on those phones is that the app is making a call into the carrier first (in the background) and connecting to Skype from their switch. Verizon got exclusivity in the US by letting Skype run through their network. They won't let AT&T, T-Mo, or Sprint customers use their network to make free calls.

BB10 does include support for VOIP, so there is a chance for VOIP apps.
    11-21-12 02:19 PM
    It's a BlackBerry app and it sucks. It's not like the Skype you're expecting.
    It may or may not "suck" depending on what each user's expectations might be. I use it a lot on my Bold to IM with employees in my office, so I don't really think it sucks at all. I've also received incoming Skype calls from customers who see I'm online with Skype via by BB and so they reach me that way -- pretty cool, actually. I don't expect it to be full-featured like desktop Skype, but it works well as one more way to stay in touch, and for me it's a nice benefit to being a VZW customer.
    11-21-12 02:31 PM