Sounds like you just need to get something that works for you. When did you buy your playbook and why?

I was just saying that being an owner of a playbook you know it doesn't have skype. I'm sure when you take one of your trips you know ahead of time, maybe not. Also knowing you only have the playbook I would think one would find other options that would work as there are some.
    Bought my first one April 19, 2011. Second one sometime in January. I'm happy with it. Everything except video chats. I've been doing without Skype, unsuccessfully trying the other options (imo.im, AOL AV, ReelPortal) since April. For me it's not a deal breaker. For others I work with, it has been a deal breaker. For marketing purposes it's essential.

As an aside, when I bought the first one, I did think it would have Skype based on the now infamous false advertisement on the AppWorld fake screen. By the time I bought the second one I had learned to really like a lot of the other features. Had I known at the beginning that there wasn't Skype or never would be, I likely never would have given it a chance.
    02-18-12 11:37 PM
    NP. I do hope MS brings it. I never perceived 1 video chat program would mean so much to so many people.
    02-19-12 07:31 AM
    OP's question was : "Skype on Playbook OS2 ?"
    Answer:

Since 2.0 will be a tremendous enhancement for PB, don't expect it to solve any concern ... but note the "yet" of A.S.
    02-20-12 11:21 AM
    Maybe skype can installed on pb thru .bar file. (Sideload)
    02-23-12 09:02 AM
    Don't worry MS will bring it to Playbook. They want it on every possible platform.
    02-23-12 09:06 AM
    I work with two folks that bought iPADs just to have portable Skype. One of them even hates Apple! Skype is a big deal and it needs to find it's way to PB.
    02-23-12 09:57 AM
    as Android 2.3 applications will run on the PB 2.0 does that mean skype will run in skype using android ?

Just wondering?

what do you guys think about that?

Thanks
    Here you go. Skype on Playbook. Working. No video, no voice, just chat but works flawlessly.

02-23-12 10:11 AM
    Try skype on imo.im

text, voice, video all work. It's web based and not the best solution but it'll do in a pinch.
    02-23-12 12:08 PM
    OMG people, I've told you already, SKYPE is NOT coming! As much as I would love to say it is, so it will shut all of you up, it is NOT coming. There will be integration within the video chat app now, but no formal skype app in the near future....
    02-23-12 12:16 PM
84 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD