Tried a few of these on my new playbook.

reelportal.com - works - accesses the cameras and mike once you press the red buttons. crappy interface -- more like a video chatroom

AOL AV - loads the interface but doesn't want to access the camera. The java piece doesn't pop up

imo.im - can't get into skype for time being -- having problems with skype... catpha implementation is also a pain.

EDIT----
    Got AOL to work. What I thought was an instruction was actually the Java box you had to click.
    Last edited by moa999; 11-11-11 at 05:46 PM.
    11-11-11 05:21 PM
    Yahoo IM video chat and audio chat works on www.imo.im

Go check it out. Just make sure the camera being accessed on hour playbook is the right one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-11-11 10:48 PM
    Can someone explain to me why Skype seems to hate Blackberry? I understand the carriers not liking Skype given it could take away from cell calls, etc - but I honestly don't understand what Skype has against Blackberry. They have had ample time to make a Skype application for the Blackberry OS - and the argument that Blackberry is going downhill doesn't quite cut it - they didn't create one when Blackberry was on top of the world.

Iphones, ANdroid, etc all have it. I honestly don't think it would be that hard to create one for Blackberry, and from my understanding, they actually did create a beta version then nixed it. Is this a Microsoft vs. Blackberry issue?

And why is the Skype app only available on Verizon phones? I honestly don't get that.
    11-28-11 01:44 PM
    Hi, I am organizing a mass email campaign, that on February 1st, we will all email the Skype CEO and the Skype Vice President, with the subject line "Skype for the Blackberry Playbook". Here is the link to the thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...itment-691875/

Facebook page too (please use both!): Skype Petition and Email Campaign | Facebook

Please leave your negativity at the door. Post on the thread if you intend to take part, and feel free to read the longer explanation and use the basic email provided rather than composing your own, if that is easier for you. Only post if you're with us, we do not need any posts telling us it is a moronic endeavor.

Please note that I am not attempting to spam, but only posting on threads where it seems appropriate, and like the users monitoring said thread may be interested.
    01-25-12 11:08 PM
    Hi just a bump on this thread, here's a link for the Skype beta .bar file converted from Android.

SkypeBETA.bar

More files available here:

Free Cloud Storage - MediaFire
    03-11-12 09:01 AM
    Hi just a bump on this thread, here's a link for the Skype beta .bar file converted from Android.

SkypeBETA.bar

More files available here:

Free Cloud Storage - MediaFire
    I tried sideloading the bar file but it is not installing on my PB. DDPB will install the file and a done window will pop up but it's no where to be found on my PB
    03-11-12 10:22 AM
    I have just downloaded the 'Escape PRO' app from the playbook store.

It allows skype messaging and voice chat (no video). It is not a ported app, and the interface is pretty good by App standards. The integration with your Skype contacts list is very good. The messaging is a little buggy, but i have tested the voice chat and this seems to work better. It costs 4.50 euro in Ireland, i am not sure what the pricing and availability are elsewhere. I urge people to try it out though, as on initial reactions, it is a great start (albeit two years late)!
    Xopher likes this.
    11-20-12 09:51 AM
    I have just downloaded the 'Escape PRO' app from the playbook store.

It allows skype messaging and voice chat (no video). It is not a ported app, and the interface is pretty good by App standards. The integration with your Skype contacts list is very good. The messaging is a little buggy, but i have tested the voice chat and this seems to work better. It costs 4.50 euro in Ireland, i am not sure what the pricing and availability are elsewhere. I urge people to try it out though, as on initial reactions, it is a great start (albeit two years late)!
    This looks like an interesting option. It's $4.99US and does text and voice calls (although it doesn't looks like it supports Skype-In or Skype-Out). I guess as long as you are communicating with someone else on Skype, it could be a good option.
    11-20-12 03:11 PM
    Lol, typical Blackberry appworld $2.99, when free for iphone!
    at least I have tablet for $149 and you just paid for your ipad $300 more.

Sent from Blackberry Playbook using TapaTalk 2
    11-20-12 03:55 PM
84 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD