Where do i use Skype on playbook video call and not with imo it sucks pllzzz help
    11-21-12 07:57 PM
    I'm sure with the BlackBerry10 browser it will be doable. BlackBerry seemed to be determined to have the best mobile browser out period.

Sent from my BlackBerry by choice using Tapatalk
    11-21-12 08:12 PM
    Did no one else see this coming after the demo where RIM showed using the front camera in the browser?

Now it is just a question of if they will block PBs like Hulu and NetFlix did...

Via my PlayBook and Tapatalk
    11-21-12 09:48 PM
    Did no one else see this coming after the demo where RIM showed using the front camera in the browser?

Now it is just a question of if they will block PBs like Hulu and NetFlix did...

Via my PlayBook and Tapatalk
    Netflix and Hulu license their content from others. Skype doesn't have that issue.
    11-21-12 09:56 PM
    Blackberry App world now has the Escape PRO APP that allows Skype voice calls and skype messaging. It is still a little buggy, but does work. I emailed the developer about the bugs/issues, and he said that an update had already been approved by Blackberry and should be available any day now....We are almost there!
    11-22-12 07:35 AM
    Blackberry App world now has the Escape PRO APP that allows Skype voice calls and skype messaging. It is still a little buggy, but does work. I emailed the developer about the bugs/issues, and he said that an update had already been approved by Blackberry and should be available any day now....We are almost there!
    Never mind that I want video......
    11-22-12 10:21 AM
    Its odd but the longer i have my Playbook, the more i am amazed at what RIM considered non-essential for tech users in the year 2011+.

Seems basically any feature or service used by the rest of the computing world since 2002.

I'm intrigued as to what RIM will leave out in BB10......
    brianatbb likes this.
    11-22-12 01:45 PM
    Skype works fine on my ipod touch so why would the playbook be underpowered to run it.
    11-23-12 04:28 AM
    It doesnt support landline or cell calls. Pretty limited.
    11-23-12 04:32 AM
    IMO has skype in a browser as well: https://imo.im/
    unless IMO has added a feature where you can call people on Skype without IMO, I'm pretty sure you can't call people in Skype via IMO unless they added you in IMO as well.
    11-25-12 11:57 PM
    Oh yeah, Imo is our best bet for Skype calls for now on Playbook. You can read this quick tutorial on how to make Skype audio calls using Playbook. How to run Skype on playbook | Playbook Magic
    12-10-12 04:51 AM
    Its odd but the longer i have my Playbook, the more i am amazed at what RIM considered non-essential for tech users in the year 2011+.

Seems basically any feature or service used by the rest of the computing world since 2002.

I'm intrigued as to what RIM will leave out in BB10......
    What will be of even more interest, and further pondering me thinks, is not what they will leave out...but what they will choose to include...
    12-10-12 05:17 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD