I did e-mail the both of them but did not CC the E-mail to the gmail account, I didn't know that I had to (I should've read better) but I did send them both an E-mail
    zethaaron likes this.
    02-02-12 09:47 PM
    we should have skyped them
    Paul_S_John and zethaaron like this.
    02-02-12 10:01 PM
    As a follow-up, I think we should forward this to some media outlets so they can
    1. know what 2000+ people did
    2. Follow-up with Skype on a response.
    zethaaron likes this.
    02-02-12 10:02 PM
    i didnt cc my email either.
    02-02-12 10:06 PM
    as much as you guys think u did a great deed to the playbook.. I think you pissed off more people at skype then helped yourself out. I dont work at skype but I could just imagine if i was him you guys probably just went into my 'bad' books... I certainly discourage this from repeating... its great people have such a strong interest ... but sometimes going at things in the wrong way will bite you in the . im just saying.... If anyone here is an executive of a company and they would tell you geting the emails they get daily and having to filter out through your emails to get to the 'important' emails, im sure they would be more pissed then encouraged...
    Lol, executives don't manage their own emails, they have admins (thats our PC term for secretaries) for that. Except of course if they have a work BLACKBERRYs, it must have been alerting off the hook
    Last edited by xiaohuaxing; 02-02-12 at 10:14 PM.
    zethaaron likes this.
    02-02-12 10:09 PM
    I completely agree!! 2000 emails are only a small percent of the people that take action. You can bet the actual amount of people its probably 10 times the emails they received. To not speak up and not let them know how we feel would be ridiculous. This is why things don't get done and why bad people get put in office, kill millions, or become brainwash into the idea that one small ant can't make a difference.
    I was going to do this, but I forgot. Probably tons more like me
    02-02-12 10:11 PM
    Thanks OP for organizing this. I sent an one line email to both of them and didn't forward it to GMail. So I am one of the other 100-200 e mailers.

Hopefully they will see the demand of their service.
    zethaaron likes this.
    02-02-12 10:15 PM
    I am a bit confused as to what was the success - possibly triggering the spam filter or Denial of Service protection in some exec's account? I don't see anything here that says anyone suddenly decided to build a Skype app. Nearly 700 million registered users vs 2,000 emails from owners of a device with less market share than Skype's parent company's desktop OS has in the tablet market. Unless someone at RIM demonstrates what is in it for Microsoft, it is just not going to happen....
    crackjay likes this.
    02-02-12 10:48 PM
    considering 2081 people disagree with you swyost, im pretty certain you can go be an *** somewhere else.
    02-02-12 11:20 PM
    Absolutely amazing work here guys! Great idea, great team spirit, great planning, great execution! Glad to be a part of it, excited to see the final reults on my PlayBook
    02-03-12 12:01 AM
    I did e-mail the both of them but did not CC the E-mail to the gmail account, I didn't know that I had to (I should've read better) but I did send them both an E-mail
    I didn't cc the email as the update came after I sent the email. So you're right on this

"And, it's resonable to assume there could be as much as 100-200 emails which were not forwarded."

And I think the number might me more than 200, maybe close to 400-500

Congrats to all who participated, we should do this more often. Like 1st of every month, now that Skype is done n reports of netflix coming after OS2.0 it's time to focus the attention on other developers
    02-03-12 12:27 AM
    I don't care to much for Skype but I think you guys have gone about this the wrong way. It would have been better to send the 2000+ emails to RIM and have Saunders deal with the guys at Skype by showing them some numbers.

I fear all you have done is pissed off a couple of execs but kudos for trying.
    aha likes this.
    02-03-12 01:37 AM
    I don't care to much for Skype but I think you guys have gone about this the wrong way. It would have been better to send the 2000+ emails to RIM and have Saunders deal with the guys at Skype by showing them some numbers.

Sending it to RIM wouldn't have made a difference because they don't develop skype. It was the right way, the right thing to mass-email skype, because they can develop the app.
    jonno_atamaniuk and zethaaron like this.
    02-03-12 02:09 AM

I'm not too sure about that. See, here's the thing. This wasn't just spur of the moment "hey, let's mass-email a company for an app that we all want to get them to do it." This was after months and months (some of us since the very launch of the playbook) or asking Skype IF they would be developing an application for the Playbook and getting no response by any means. Their support forums give no information, people who get an answer and attempt to post it find their posts mysteriously vanish. Skype pretty much made sure to ignore anything to do with the playbook. If skype were to have given a firm "yes" or "no" as to whether they'd develop for this platform, the odds of this event happening would have shrank severely. After all, who would have e-mailed Skype if it was public knowledge that Skype was only waiting for OS 2.0 to launch to the Playbook before developing and putting out an app? Even if there was a firm "No, and here's why", I probably would have just accepted it and found a different service. It was Skype's severe lack of any real response concerning the Playbook (or ANY Blackberry device away from Verizon in the USA and 3 in select other countries) that prompted this course of action.

Skype knows they are far and away the most popular and sought-after internet voice / video service, and they know that their giving a nod to a particular company for adding their services to a particular device or corporate service often profits greatly for both Skype and said other company (i.e Verizon, 3, I think Vodafone too if I recall correctly). I actually was putting off buying a Playbook BECAUSE of lack of Skype support. Then I got one for Christmas :P. But for even me to be a little put off due to the lack of Skype (for whatever reason Skype or RIM could come up with), there's got to be literally thousands more who didn't pick up the Playbook because of Skype's absence.

All this said, to the OP, my hat's off to you in organizing this, in remaining passionate about it, and seeing it through to the very end. One thousand (1000) is generally enough to get most people's attention from something like this. OVER two-thousand (2000) "registered" emailers - as in sent to the petition e-mail as well to verify they sent said e-mail - with probably hundreds more who didn't "register" their e-mail, well... That's something I truly hope Skype and other companies will take note of. I know a bunch of you folks are hoping for Netflix, and I get the sneaking suspicion that with the launch of a movie rental service on the Playbook with 2.0, Netflix will be none too far behind in an attempt to catch up. Personally, I'm hoping for Rdio and some sort of audio equalizer... which would have to be native anyways.
    zethaaron and glassofpinot like this.
    02-03-12 02:12 AM
    Thats big number, I thought it will be around 500 email .
    I'm proud of that.

I hope Skype will really do the app for PB
    zethaaron likes this.
    02-03-12 02:29 AM
    I am impressed. Congrats everyone!
    02-03-12 03:57 AM
    Actually these 2K emails ARE the ones that should be considered important, as they are the ones coming from CUSTOMERS and any executive should care much more about these, compared to some internal piece of junk communication that floods most enterprizes.
    Customers? The 2000 people are Skype customers? Do the 2000 people pay to Skype? Most of the 2000 people are people which wants skype for free calls between skype users. Would you put your money to develop an app for 2000 people if you have over 120M users? It is the same as if you would like to turn the ocean color to yellow by a single peeing...
    02-03-12 04:04 AM
    Great job guys
    Though I didn't email them
    I like this movement
    02-03-12 04:05 AM
    I tweeted Alec Saunders and he replied!

02-03-12 04:17 AM
    I've got 5 new skype related followers on twitter! Maybe due to the fact that I also tweated on rather a lot of skype accounts too!
    02-03-12 04:18 AM
    I thought amazing success = promise from Skype to get a PB app This really doesn't mean much
    02-03-12 04:38 AM
    Okay, while many of you received that an email saying their email was deleted without being read, some didn't, especially the ones that wrote their own form. That's a sign that some of that mass bomb has been read.
    I'm not much of a Skype user,
    Best Regards Mates
    02-03-12 04:53 AM
    Not to rain on everybody's parade, but this is just the first step.
    I really don't think we should count our chickens before they hatch, and call this an AMAZING SUCCESS too early.
    Yes, we may have succeeded in sending 2000+ emails, but I think that true success in this aspect would be getting the results we wanted...which is Skype made available for the Playbook.
    Congratulations are in order, still, to zethaaron for organizing this. And congratulations to all of us for the 2000 emails we all sent. Hoping that we, indeed, were heard, and that they (Skype) take favorable action regarding our request.
    02-03-12 04:56 AM
    Hope it worked....with skype playbook will rock
    02-03-12 05:14 AM
    well done
    BB_makes_it_happen likes this.
    02-03-12 05:17 AM
137 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD