I sent to them, but haven't CCed the gmail account.

Let's rock and roll!
    02-02-12 07:51 PM
    as much as you guys think u did a great deed to the playbook.. I think you pissed off more people at skype then helped yourself out. I dont work at skype but I could just imagine if i was him you guys probably just went into my 'bad' books... I certainly discourage this from repeating... its great people have such a strong interest ... but sometimes going at things in the wrong way will bite you in the . im just saying.... If anyone here is an executive of a company and they would tell you geting the emails they get daily and having to filter out through your emails to get to the 'important' emails, im sure they would be more pissed then encouraged...
    Or maybe they descided to make the App just so their inbox won't be flooded again by requests
    02-02-12 07:51 PM
    Or maybe they descided to make the App just so their inbox won't be flooded again by requests
    as much as you guys think u did a great deed to the playbook.. I think you pissed off more people at skype then helped yourself out. I dont work at skype but I could just imagine if i was him you guys probably just went into my 'bad' books... I certainly discourage this from repeating... its great people have such a strong interest ... but sometimes going at things in the wrong way will bite you in the . im just saying.... If anyone here is an executive of a company and they would tell you geting the emails they get daily and having to filter out through your emails to get to the 'important' emails, im sure they would be more pissed then encouraged...
    I hope the executives won't be pissed off. It's part of their job to deal with this and I am sure they can easily ask their secretaries or IT system to do the filtering for them. (we are talking in terms of thousands of e-mails only, not millions) Instead, they should now feel the need for the application and react to it positively. They should be happy that there are so many new potential Playbook users that they should tap into.

The petition e-mail is also written in a nice and polite way.

I am not sure it if it's done this time. But in future, we can organize it so that e-mails are sent within as shorter duration window (e.g. 4 hours, although it might not work for all timezones).
    02-02-12 08:10 PM
    Whoohooo! Occupy SKYPE!
    02-02-12 08:15 PM
    Great Job!!!
    wrcmobile likes this.
    02-02-12 08:18 PM
    I hope the executives won't be pissed off. It's part of their job to deal with this and I am sure they can easily ask their secretaries or IT system to do the filtering for them. (we are talking in terms of thousands of e-mails only, not millions) Instead, they should now feel the need for the application and react to it positively. They should be happy that there are so many new potential Playbook users that they should tap into.

The petition e-mail is also written in a nice and polite way.

I am not sure it if it's done this time. But in future, we can organize it so that e-mails are sent within as shorter duration window (e.g. 4 hours, although it might not work for all timezones).
    I agree. Glad to be a part of this. Hope it works out.
    asiayeah likes this.
    02-02-12 08:19 PM
    Amazing! The power of the internet!

I think our next move should be this: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...awards-694183/

Ends February 3rd. You might win a prize too.

Vote for Playbook!! Or anything from RIM.
    zethaaron likes this.
    02-02-12 08:22 PM
    Awesome!!!!!! Hulu, Netflix, Pandora, and Twitter next??????
    02-02-12 08:23 PM
    soooooooo... when do we get skype?
    02-02-12 08:24 PM
    It shows that there is a demand for their product and that investing time and resources would not be a waste for them. 2,000 may not be a lot of customers for them (sure is a lot of emails and an amazing response from a grass roots incentive started from a forum), but the people who take action are normally a small number compared to those who agree but for different reasons may not be as vocal. I am sure the execs know this and will now, at the very least, put the possibility of an app back on the table.

It should be interesting what Skype decides to do. If it works, maybe there should be polls on other big company apps. There is a few I would like to see, so I am sure others want unavailable apps too. Of course, right here and right now, we should be focusing on congratulating the hopeful users of Skype for Playbook!
    02-02-12 08:25 PM
    Actually these 2K emails ARE the ones that should be considered important, as they are the ones coming from CUSTOMERS and any executive should care much more about these, compared to some internal piece of junk communication that floods most enterprizes.
    02-02-12 08:26 PM
    when skype does come to pb, we can say that we were a catalyst in making it happen.

great job guys. and thanks to op for organizing this campaign.
    02-02-12 08:30 PM
    This is Great News results!
    mrufhayes likes this.
    02-02-12 08:36 PM
    I sent one email with both addresses on it, but i didnt add the gmail account... so...
    02-02-12 08:41 PM
    nice work #teamblackberry
    mrufhayes likes this.
    02-02-12 08:41 PM
    yEAH WE DID IT...SENT MULTIPLE EMAILS from multiple accounts, wanted skype to feel our Concern!!
    02-02-12 08:44 PM
    It shows that there is a demand for their product and that investing time and resources would not be a waste for them. 2,000 may not be a lot of customers for them (sure is a lot of emails and an amazing response from a grass roots incentive started from a forum), but the people who take action are normally a small number compared to those who agree but for different reasons may not be as vocal. I am sure the execs know this and will now, at the very least, put the possibility of an app back on the table.

It should be interesting what Skype decides to do. If it works, maybe there should be polls on other big company apps. There is a few I would like to see, so I am sure others want unavailable apps too. Of course, right here and right now, we should be focusing on congratulating the hopeful users of Skype for Playbook!

I completely agree!! 2000 emails are only a small percent of the people that take action. You can bet the actual amount of people its probably 10 times the emails they received. To not speak up and not let them know how we feel would be ridiculous. This is why things don't get done and why bad people get put in office, kill millions, or become brainwash into the idea that one small ant can't make a difference.
    zethaaron likes this.
    02-02-12 08:48 PM
    If nuttn else , this was a blast to come together n do something positive!
    zethaaron likes this.
    02-02-12 08:50 PM
    Outstanding!!!!.......Who's NEXT
    02-02-12 08:52 PM
    netflix!!!
    netflix!!!
    netflix!!!

lol
    02-02-12 08:57 PM
    Temple Run!!! haha!
    02-02-12 09:00 PM
    That was awesome. I just got back from work ready to do my part until I read the thread. But very happy for the results and if that was the reason why you guys said stop, I am more than happy not to send any. We should replicate this effort for other apps. Who's next?
    zethaaron likes this.
    02-02-12 09:03 PM
    WOW! I didn't even know we had to CC the gmail account, I just emailed both emails. I can't imagine how many people did the same as me.

INCREDIBLE MOVEMENT!

I hope we can tell Alec Saunders and that Skype has an official press release about it. (Or any news through twitter...).
    zethaaron likes this.
    02-02-12 09:27 PM
    @zethaaron
    You should send an email to Alec Saunder (Senior Director of Global Developer Relations) [email protected] . So he can use your numbers the next time he speaks with representatives at Skype. I am sure he wants Skype on the Playbook and soon to be BB10 phones just as bad as we do.
    Totally agree... in fact I cc'd Alec on my email to Skype and amended the body of the letter to make the case that Skype on PB would help drive PB sales so much so that RIM should help subsidize the app's development. For all the hype 2.0 might/will create, Skype on PB changes the game entirely. Let's hope Skype isn't the only company paying attention to this thread.

Great job to zethaaron and everyone who participated!
    zethaaron likes this.
    02-02-12 09:40 PM
    Great news, and your right about diegonei. He is good people and I am proud to call him a friend.
    zethaaron likes this.
    02-02-12 09:47 PM
137 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD