Hello everyone! I know it seems pointless to close one thread and then open another, but the campaign was such a MASSIVE SUCCESS, that I thought the it deserved its own new thread!!!!

I would like to make a note, PLEASE DO NOT SEND ANYMORE EMAILS TO THE SKYPE CEO OR VP. The campaign is over, it is not February 1 in even a single time zone anymore, so please, DO NOT SEND ANYMORE EMAILS!

Alright now I know you've all been waiting for a final count on how many emails were sent, and trust me, the number is worth the wait. But first, I'd just like to quickly make a note of something. When on created the thread for this campaign, on Wednesday January 25, 2012, diegonei was the very first user to respond. Since then diegonei has been posting often and always reassuring people, with ideas that always seemed quite similar to mine. When it came out, for example, that the emails were being deleted, he told everyone the same thing I did (only a little sooner! :P), that this was not a problem but a good thing, it meant we knew somebody was getting them, and that we couldn't expect the Skype CEO and VP to read all of the emails all over again, which was exactly the right point. So, I would like to issue an official thank you to diegonei, you've been a great part of our campaign!! I believe diegonei is also responsible for some shoutouts on other websites as well, so everyone, give diegonei a big thank you!!!!!

Now, I know you've all been waiting for the number of emails recieved by the Gmail account, and let me just assure you, it is AMAZING. I apologize for not updating sooner but today I did not have any opportunity. Well, I guess I should just tell you guys ehh? Well, as of 18:22 (6:22PM) (UTC-04:00) Atlantic Time (Canada), the count stands at..........

2,081 EMAILS RECIEVED!!!!! That completely dwarfs the number of people on Facebook who were even signed up to send the emails!!!! And, it's resonable to assume there could be as much as 100-200 emails which were not forwarded. Not only this, but it seems that most people sent one email, addressed to both Neil Stevens and Tony Bates, rather than two, then forwarded this email to the Gmail account. This means, that it is not 2000 emails to both Tony and Neil, it's TWO THOUSAND EMAILS EACH!!!! Now, I'm sure some people sent two seperate emails but still, that's an incredible success!!!!!!!!!!! I will be emailing from the Gmail account sometime in the next few days, when they will hopefully read it and respond to it, to find out if our campaign has had an impact! For now, celebrate in the comments below!!!!! Thank you so much for your incredible efforts everyone, it's completely, 100%, simply AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    02-02-12 04:38 PM
    Your welcome! I sent in an e-mail from my post to both of them and CC'd it to the gmail account. I didn't tweet them, but the twitter thing would still be a wise idea for getting two wireless cellular carriers from stopping the exclusivity on skype for blackberry. So this is win!
    02-02-12 04:45 PM
    congrats everybody!
    02-02-12 04:48 PM
    Nice solid numbers for a relatively small grass roots effort. I put your post in the BB Beta Zone on a discussion about Skype.
    BaconMunch and 33497746 like this.
    02-02-12 05:04 PM
    2000 emails...
    zethaaron likes this.
    02-02-12 05:17 PM
    i didnt join on fb but i did send my email. good campaign!
    02-02-12 05:21 PM
    I think was just a way for the op to harvest emails...
    Joking over 2000 though! That's amazing! If they don't respond with positive result us 2081 people will be mad!
    zethaaron likes this.
    02-02-12 05:22 PM
    wow im proud of what we can do together :]
    jordandrews90 likes this.
    02-02-12 05:25 PM
    Good stuff. I hope we get a response soon.
    02-02-12 05:26 PM
    sheer awesomeness!
    02-02-12 05:32 PM
    @zethaaron
    You should send an email to Alec Saunder (Senior Director of Global Developer Relations) [email protected] . So he can use your numbers the next time he speaks with representatives at Skype. I am sure he wants Skype on the Playbook and soon to be BB10 phones just as bad as we do.
    primusd, 00stryder and lyricidal like this.
    02-02-12 05:52 PM
    Nice, I sent an email, but the guys prob created a outlook rule to auto delete them lol
    02-02-12 05:54 PM
    @zethaaron
    Great job creating the movement & for the great success (despite some foolish guys with foolish strategies to undermine the movement). Now let's just hope they get the message and not just push us to the side as "spam".. #skypeforplaybook
    zethaaron likes this.
    02-02-12 06:02 PM
    @zethaaron
    You should send an email to Alec Saunder (Senior Director of Global Developer Relations) [email protected] . So he can use your numbers the next time he speaks with representatives at Skype. I am sure he wants Skype on the Playbook and soon to be BB10 phones just as bad as we do.
    I had wanted to add him to the campaign, but I couldn't find his email. Thank you for providing it, and I will be sure to send him our numbers very soon.
    02-02-12 06:05 PM
    sent 5...

hope this worked.
    rleo25 likes this.
    02-02-12 06:14 PM
    Once again, I'm using Rage Comics to express how I feel:

We did it, guys! I'm so proud, thanks to those who spearheaded the campaign.
    02-02-12 06:35 PM
    way to go guys,who's next on the list to conquer?
    BryantCarpio likes this.
    02-02-12 06:36 PM
    this is an awesome thing to be a part of. Its so great to see users getting together like this +1
    zethaaron likes this.
    02-02-12 06:37 PM
    I hope that they listen. The point that I made in the email that I sent was that regardless of how few PlayBook are out now it makes no sense not to simply port their android app and get the bugs worked out in time for BB10. That would quadruple their blackberry users overnight and put them in place as the sole video chat client as the native one is rather lame.
    02-02-12 06:39 PM
    I had wanted to add him to the campaign, but I couldn't find his email. Thank you for providing it, and I will be sure to send him our numbers very soon.
    Tweet this at him!
    Alec Saunders
    Or @asaunders ...
    02-02-12 06:39 PM
    I send it, hope that we gonna see results.....
    02-02-12 07:22 PM
    Win!!! Very cool
    02-02-12 07:25 PM
    as much as you guys think u did a great deed to the playbook.. I think you pissed off more people at skype then helped yourself out. I dont work at skype but I could just imagine if i was him you guys probably just went into my 'bad' books... I certainly discourage this from repeating... its great people have such a strong interest ... but sometimes going at things in the wrong way will bite you in the . im just saying.... If anyone here is an executive of a company and they would tell you geting the emails they get daily and having to filter out through your emails to get to the 'important' emails, im sure they would be more pissed then encouraged...
    02-02-12 07:47 PM
    That's awesome. Nice to see everyone come together for the common good.
    Go TeamBlackberry
137 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD