my friend just bought the droid evo on sprint and was showing my the skype app, and being a playbook owner, anything skype catches my eye now a days.

so my question is, if their is a Skype app available in the Android Market, and the Android App Player for the Playbook is rolling out soon, won't we be able to run skype on the android app player rather than for wait skype to even decide if they will develop one for the playbook?
    06-08-11 05:02 PM
    Not unless Skype chooses to recompile the app and submit it to App World. And it remains to be seen whether or how well Android apps will be able to access hardware features (cameras, GPS, etc.) on the PlayBook.
    06-08-11 06:09 PM
    ahh yes, i forgot that they needed to submit it to appworld. has anyone asked skype if they had any plans of doing this?
    06-08-11 06:35 PM
    Does android skype have video chat capability? If not its useless

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-11 06:39 PM
    Unless the Android Skype app is a pure Java app, it's unlikely that the Android Skype can be brought over to the Playbook that easily. The app likely uses the Android NDK, which is not open sourced.
    06-08-11 06:54 PM
    i just txted him, he said he didnt see a video chat option in the android app on his evo. so i guess this is a moot point.
    06-08-11 06:59 PM
    cant use Reelportal? I thought they had an Android App.
    06-08-11 08:18 PM
    For now and since skype app will be ported on playbook the reelportal is a very good alternative working very well , although you can't have a contact list.

I hope that when the OS 2 will be official skype will rollout the playbook version, but I'm very skeptic, because we are waiting the skype app for phone for long and it is available only for verizon user.

But the playbook is an awesome tablet.
    12-20-11 06:26 AM
    skype does have a video chat option for the evo
    12-20-11 09:30 AM
    Presently RIM has not allowed VOIP services to access the cameras.
    While voice communication will be available it is uncertain if there will be video.
    12-20-11 10:07 AM
    yesterday i download skype app for tablets on the playbook with a rooted one in android maket the skype app opens but wen i log in it fails
    12-20-11 11:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD