Will skype be available in the next Update 2.0?
    or if not, then does anyone know how I can get it on my playbook?
    and please dont suggest imo.im
    01-21-12 01:07 PM
    hahahahaha! Another skype thread!

Genius i say, genius! Blackberry, just pay skype to put it on and get it done... that will do more for the pk rep than anything!
    01-21-12 01:16 PM
    LOL

you are one funny dude
    01-21-12 01:16 PM
    Hey guys, will Netflix be available in 2.0?
    01-21-12 01:28 PM
    It was a serious question
    01-21-12 01:29 PM
    hahahahaha! Another skype thread!

Genius i say, genius! Blackberry, just pay skype to put it on and get it done... that will do more for the pk rep than anything!
    Sorry that im not a crackberry rat who reads every single thread like you. What a nice life you have
    01-21-12 01:30 PM
    LOL

you are one funny dude
    LOL. I wasnt trying to make a joke. LOL. Now answer the question LOL
    01-21-12 01:31 PM
    No one really knows. Some say yes, some say no. It's really just a waiting game....
    There have been threads were users have asked Skype representatives and they say that they aren't going to support Blackberry.

Also, you're getting flamed because your question has been asked probably about 100+ times now.
    Use the search feature next time.
    genericscissors2 likes this.
    01-21-12 01:36 PM
    No one really knows. Some say yes, some say no. It's really just a waiting game....
    There have been threads were users have asked Skype representatives and they say that they aren't going to support Blackberry.

Also, you're getting flamed because your question has been asked probably about 100+ times now.
    Use the search feature next time.
    Ok Thanks for the tip Mom
    01-21-12 01:38 PM
    LOL. I wasnt trying to make a joke. LOL. Now answer the question LOL
    Sorry about the other two people, I do not think they know what a real question is and what a joke is. However, there are no signs at the moment that Skype will become available for the Playbook right know. What you could do to help is contact Skype via whatever works for you and complain that we do not have an app for the Playbook! Hope this helped!
    01-21-12 01:39 PM
    Ok Thanks for the tip Mom
    At least I answered your question, and I wasn't rude.
    BBPB199 likes this.
    01-21-12 01:40 PM
    Sorry about the other two people, I do not think they know what a real question is and what a joke is. However, there are no signs at the moment that Skype will become available for the Playbook right know. What you could do to help is contact Skype via whatever works for you and complain that we do not have an app for the Playbook! Hope this helped!
    Thank you for answering the question like a normal person. And will do!
    01-21-12 01:41 PM
    me thinks you misunderstand, you weren,t the first and you won,t be the last. it is comedy gold, you will see in good time.
    01-21-12 01:43 PM
    me thinks you misunderstand, you weren,t the first and you won,t be the last. it is comedy gold, you will see in good time.
    do you know the difference between a comma and an apostrophe?
    01-21-12 01:45 PM
    i do, my blackberry doesn,t ... you will see that fixed soon. i also know to capitalize i. but i type this on a playbook. hmmm sentences should start with capitals also...
    01-21-12 01:50 PM
    and let the trolling begin...

but seriously, why would skype want to be verizon exclusive?
    01-21-12 01:58 PM
    I tried comwave, seems to work. Better than nothing.
    01-21-12 04:44 PM
    Tango is one that I use to keep in touch with my family. Vote it up here. Sorry about the link. I am still learning.

Tango on the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet : Tango Support Center
    01-21-12 05:11 PM
    This is a copy of a post from this Skype community thread

Playbook, please - Page 12 - Skype Support Network

"I have some bad news everyone!

I have been trying to get an answer from Skype if they have any plans to release Skype for the Playbook and had to contact them on Twitter to get a response. I dont think these forums have moderators or they have just chosen to ignore us.

This is the response that I was finally given:

"Hi Jonathan, unfort. we cannot comment on possible future releases, but we're not working on further BB support at this time. ^SK"

I think this is a very bad decision on their part and looks like it's time to find another solution/provider. i find it funny as they have it for the HP Touchpad that is no longer available or even being made/supported but they can't release it for the Playbook that is selling like hotcakes and is by far a fantastic piece of hardware!"
    01-22-12 05:22 AM
    This guy unbelievably rude. I don't even know why someone would answer his questions seeing how there are about 100 more thread concerning Skype/hulu/netflix and all that crap
    01-22-12 05:27 AM
    Reelportal is a free video chat app available for PlayBook, it can be accessed from PC (reelportal.com), android app, iphone app.

Next time if someone starts a thread for Skype let them know about ReelPortal.

[YT]v=H_K_IHdJQzo[/YT]
    nieedo3 likes this.
    01-22-12 05:48 AM
    Reelportal is a free video chat app available for PlayBook, it can be accessed from PC (reelportal.com), android app, iphone app.

Next time if someone starts a thread for Skype let them know about ReelPortal.

Click to view quoted video
    Yes another thread on the same subject. Hey lime, seems people don't want to hear about other programs that do the same thing. They want skype or nothing.
    01-22-12 07:12 AM
    Yes another thread on the same subject. Hey lime, seems people don't want to hear about other programs that do the same thing. They want skype or nothing.
    Even I would like Skype app but when they say that they are not interested in making one for PB, its always better in our interest to support app developers who want to help PB users.
    I use this app regularly n I also managed to forget my Skype id n password lol.
    If they do make an app i'll have to create a new account
    Last edited by LimeTripBlog; 01-22-12 at 07:40 AM.
    01-22-12 07:35 AM
    Yep I hope they do make it. Maybe if all the people that want it would keep bugging skype and not crackberry about it, it just may happen. I've never used it or have a need for it but many do.
    01-22-12 07:44 AM
    Yep I hope they do make it. Maybe if all the people that want it would keep bugging skype and not crackberry about it, it just may happen. I've never used it or have a need for it but many do.
    I never use it myself, I'm with you

Here is an example thread request a video chat company to make an app for PlayBook. Try n vote, I did

http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...aybook-611878/
    01-22-12 08:09 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD