Will Skype work on Playbook?
    01-04-12 04:40 AM
    Will Skype work on Playbook?
    yes and no. If you have OS1 no, OS2 yes. With the update now in February, it will have skype, so it is said.
    01-04-12 07:15 AM
    yes and no. If you have OS1 no, OS2 yes. With the update now in February, it will have skype, so it is said.
    You mean through the Android player on Feb OS2?
    I thought the front camera will be diabled for Android apps.

I don't think Skype will allow this shorcut solution??
    Last edited by hasanj4; 01-04-12 at 08:50 AM.
    01-04-12 07:25 AM
    i doubt well have skype
    mariobastros likes this.
    01-04-12 08:37 AM
    I don't understand why Skype is not released! Wasn't it demoed sometime? I remember something like that...
    mariobastros likes this.
    01-04-12 10:18 AM
    01-04-12 10:36 AM

....thanks for all those links but i still don't understand. is skype coming to the playbook or not? (JUST KIDDING! )
    01-04-12 10:53 AM
    I actually emailed Skype couple of days ago and i got this reply

I find this interesting that she did not say flatly NO to Skype on Playbook plus she also wrote this "Please be patient while we work to make Skype even better".

I think Skype will come soon to Playbook. Anyways, If you want Skype on Playbook just email Skype and request it on PB. The more emails they will receive the more likely Skype will show up on PB.

Thank you for contacting Skype Customer Service.

We understand your concerns regarding your Blackberry Playbook; we will gladly assist you with the needed information.

Kindly note that there is no official Skype for Blackberry Playbook yet.

We do not have information regarding it's release date for the time being. We apologize for the inconvenience.

We will forward your request to our engineers for future releases consideration.

Implementing changes and creating new features can take time, which means that the suggestions you make today might not be available in the near future.

Please be patient while we work to make Skype even better

Should you need more assistance, feel free to contact us again.

Best regards

Lucy S.
    Skype Customer Service

Happy Holidays.
    mariobastros and hjkimbrian like this.
    01-04-12 12:55 PM

yes, that is right
    01-04-12 01:41 PM
    http://www.imo.im/

easy!
    01-25-12 11:07 AM
    imo.im doesn't really work that well with Playbook. After several days of experimenting, the best I got was the audio to work but no video. Few have managed to get the video to somehow run, but none that I know of knew how it did. Some say it's the Settings->Video and bandwidth assignment, but that didn't work for me.

Nevertheless, I am interested if someone writes step-by-step procedure how to get the playbook to show video with imo.im.

Last edited by deeplake21; 01-25-12 at 11:17 AM.
    01-25-12 11:15 AM
    If you want Skype, go to their support forums and let them know.

Posting here is simply useless...
    01-25-12 11:32 AM
    I actually emailed Skype couple of days ago and i got this reply

Please be patient while we work to make Skype even better

Should you need more assistance, feel free to contact us again.

Best regards

Lucy S.
    Skype Customer Service

Happy Holidays.[/I]
    Well? Did you email her back yet? "Hey, when ya gonna finish Skype for Playbook? Are you done yet? Is it ready? Is it ready now? How about now?" Hahaha!
    Skype is starting to bug me now anyway, all these skankys leaving me messages, I dont know who they are. Ive been using Google video chat instead. It works good. Not on Playbook, but thats another 40 threads.
    01-25-12 11:58 AM

RIM has done some stupid cr@p but why in the world, if true, would they disable hardware voluntarily and cripple it's own product?
    01-25-12 02:28 PM
    All I get with imo is the local camera and and not the remote one, but the audio works fine under the browser.
    01-25-12 07:18 PM
    Here is a more productive approach: http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...itment-691875/
    01-25-12 08:30 PM
    Hi, I am organizing a mass email campaign, that on February 1st, we will all email the Skype CEO and the Skype Vice President, with the subject line "Skype for the Blackberry Playbook". Here is the link to the thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...itment-691875/

Please leave your negativity at the door. Post on the thread if you intend to take part, and feel free to read the longer explanation and use the basic email provided rather than composing your own, if that is easier for you. Only post if you're with us, we do not need any posts telling us it is a moronic endeavor.

Please know that I am not attempting to spam, but only posting on threads where it seems appropriate, and like the users monitoring said thread may be interested.
    01-25-12 08:31 PM
    Hi, I am organizing a mass email campaign, that on February 1st, we will all email the Skype CEO and the Skype Vice President, with the subject line "Skype for the Blackberry Playbook". Here is the link to the thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...itment-691875/

Please leave your negativity at the door. Post on the thread if you intend to take part, and feel free to read the longer explanation and use the basic email provided rather than composing your own, if that is easier for you. Only post if you're with us, we do not need any posts telling us it is a moronic endeavor.

Please know that I am not attempting to spam, but only posting on threads where it seems appropriate, and like the users monitoring said thread may be interested.
    Beat you to it, pal.
    zethaaron likes this.
    01-25-12 08:33 PM
    Haha I didn't even notice when I posted, thank you!
    01-25-12 09:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD