Just received an email from Techradar advising of this. Hopefully this mean we may not need silverlight to view in future!

Sky Go for Android coming end of February | News | TechRadar
    will1881 and darren1981 like this.
    01-31-12 05:48 AM
    Just received an email from Techradar advising of this. Hopefully this mean we may not need silverlight to view in future!

Sky Go for Android coming end of February | News | TechRadar
    do you really think we do care about that in here??? i think you are in the wrong forum
    01-31-12 08:03 AM
    do you really think we do care about that in here??? i think you are in the wrong forum
    The point is that at the moment we cant view Sky Products on the Playbook, with going to Android maybe we will be able to in the future which would be of advantage to me and many others!

This is the reason it was in the Playbook forum and not on the Android!
    Last edited by DiggerB9; 01-31-12 at 08:14 AM.
    01-31-12 08:11 AM
    Title adjusted! This belongs here in the light the OP spoke of.

It would be great if they either switched to flash, OR if they port their coming Android app over to PlayBook once 2.0 comes out. Many good flash sites work well for me here in the states like Amazon VOD, and most of the TV network streaming sites.
    01-31-12 01:16 PM
    hopefully this is a step towards sky becoming available on the playbook though as this will only be available on limited android devices initially i am not hopeful.

if sky do not release an app for the pb would we be able to side load the android version to the pb once os2 is released. what is the likley hood if it working.

has anyone tried any siverlight apps on the os2 beta?
    01-31-12 01:23 PM
    I have a friend who works for Sky and he has advised me that they are looking at producing an I Player, so worst case scenario could be that we have to use the browser rather than an actual app
    02-01-12 10:55 AM
    Sky have basically said no. See this thread Sky Help Forum - Blackberry Playbook - Page 3 - Help & Support from the Official Sky Forum - please reply to that thread to put pressure on.
    02-27-12 01:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD