Hi All,

The latest update v3.1 of Sketch W Friends- for both Paid and Free versions; is now available on the BlackBerry App World.

New features in v3.1 include:

Toggle visibility of clues (via Settings)
    Revised Scoring logic
    Fixes the bug related to skipping of drawing rounds and other issues.

We request all of you to kindly update right away for better gameplay. Please email us at bbsupport[at]xlabz[dot]com in case of any queries or suggestions.

Keep tuning in to our Facebook fan page for all the latest news! Like us here!
    04-30-12 02:13 AM
    Great!! Any update incoming for groovynotes?
    04-30-12 02:31 AM
    We have an update for Groovy Notes on the work and it should be available in a few weeks.
    04-30-12 02:32 AM
    Thank you for continuously updating and fixing bugs. Devs like XLabs makes me enjoy my PB. Keep up the good work guys!!!
    XLabz likes this.
    04-30-12 02:33 AM
    Does it run on iPhone or Android phones yet? If not, I have no one to play with.
    04-30-12 02:36 AM
    The mobile versions of Sketch W Friends are in the works. The iPhone version will be out in a few weeks.
    xeju likes this.
    04-30-12 02:40 AM
    Thanks for the frequent updates!
    And every update adds something new or better, way to go...
    XLabz likes this.
    04-30-12 05:05 AM
    I just downloaded the free version to check it out before it becomes available for handsets.

Why does it want access to my files, documents, pictures, etc.?

Also, are there any plans in the works to save scores some other way? I don't use Facebook.
    05-01-12 01:28 AM
    love the app love the word you all put into it. BUT... and my biggest quirk is the damn people who type out the words and don't draw.
    its in so many rooms and from sooooooo many people , its not like the odd one here and there.
    and its not like its hard words neither.

tree -house.. draw a tree then a PLUS sign then a house.
    small. draw a big person a chubby person then a smaller one and circle that smaller person.
    Rope.... really you cant draw a rope?

i mean really.
    this is my biggest issue why i will not pay to upgrade.
    other than that i love the app when people play the right way.

and 100% would pay if this was not an issue, and i know you can't stop it on your end.

ok RANT OVER.
    05-01-12 12:28 PM
    Hello. I also wanted to thank you for the frequent updates to this app. I'm happy to say that the skipping rounds bug seems to be fixed which is great. But it seems that i keep getting booted from the room. Happened twice tonight and last night. I am not getting banned just losing connection to the room. Any idea why this is happening?
    05-01-12 09:51 PM
    I LOVE this app, but is there anything you guys are working on to deal with the lag when seeing others' drawings?
    05-02-12 12:29 AM
    I just downloaded the free version to check it out before it becomes available for handsets.

Why does it want access to my files, documents, pictures, etc.?

Also, are there any plans in the works to save scores some other way? I don't use Facebook.
    Hi,

The game requires access to that data only for proper functioning. If you don't give access, then you might experience a few issues while playing. But rest assured that none of your data will be read or used in any way.

As of now, the scores can be kept track of only when you log in through Facebook.
    05-03-12 04:15 AM
    love the app love the word you all put into it. BUT... and my biggest quirk is the damn people who type out the words and don't draw.
    its in so many rooms and from sooooooo many people , its not like the odd one here and there.
    and its not like its hard words neither.

tree -house.. draw a tree then a PLUS sign then a house.
    small. draw a big person a chubby person then a smaller one and circle that smaller person.
    Rope.... really you cant draw a rope?

i mean really.
    this is my biggest issue why i will not pay to upgrade.
    other than that i love the app when people play the right way.

and 100% would pay if this was not an issue, and i know you can't stop it on your end.

ok RANT OVER.
    Hi!

We completely understand your frustration. This was the very reason we implemented clues. But looks like some people just want to get high scores

But you could create a private room and invite only your buddies to a game. That way incidents like this can be avoided But yeah, the private rooms feature is only available for paid users.
    05-03-12 04:18 AM
    Hello. I also wanted to thank you for the frequent updates to this app. I'm happy to say that the skipping rounds bug seems to be fixed which is great. But it seems that i keep getting booted from the room. Happened twice tonight and last night. I am not getting banned just losing connection to the room. Any idea why this is happening?
    Hi!

Connections issues usually happen when your internet connection is not stable enough. Sketch W Friends relies heavily on a persistent connection to our servers. So, if your connection drops and if the game is not able to maintain a persistent connection to the game servers, thats when you will see this error.
    05-03-12 04:24 AM
    I LOVE this app, but is there anything you guys are working on to deal with the lag when seeing others' drawings?
    Hi!

Glad to hear that you LOVE the game Sketch W Friends being a real-time, cross-platform game where data is being transmitted at high speeds, issues related to lag tend to happen at times. But we are still working on ways in which we can improve the gameplay further.
    05-03-12 04:30 AM
    Hi!

Connections issues usually happen when your internet connection is not stable enough. Sketch W Friends relies heavily on a persistent connection to our servers. So, if your connection drops and if the game is not able to maintain a persistent connection to the game servers, thats when you will see this error.
    I appreciate the support and constant updates, but about this connection issue...it really is the downfall of the game for me. This happens constantly, almost every single game I'm on, yet my connection bars are fine; I can browse the web and do pretty much anything else that requires a connection without problems, yet this game always disconnects (even with consistent bars). With that being said, I'm confused with the "connection drops" being responsible for the constant issue. I've tried this on my girlfriend's Playbook as well (with different wifi connections) and the results are the same. Not to mention the fact that other players in the same room complain about the same issue. It seems to be a rather universal complaint with the game. I don't mind any other updates other than a fix for the connection. Thanks.
    05-03-12 03:00 PM
    Same connection problems... can't blame it on the consumers for ever XLabz.
    You either need to get another cloud provider or optimise the code.
    05-03-12 03:05 PM
    @LatinoLoco24 & emtuc: The connection issues are solved forever (at least according to our internal testing and user feedbacks) with the release of v3.1.0 update. Can you both confirm if you are using the latest version and you are still seeing connection issues?

We have already upgraded to a very powerful game server which can take extensive loads and parallel connections.
    05-07-12 09:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD