Was just wondering if anyone would be able to tell me the size of the larger pb apps (Dead Space or NFS most likely) once they're installed on the PB?

I'm thinking of getting a 16gb PB and although I'll use it for videos, I'm the type of person who will delete them once watched so don't need a huge size for that. My BB covers music too so will mainly be apps stored on the PB.

If anyone could clue me in it would be great thanks.

Edit: Also the size of Android Player if possible (I know it's beta and could well change)

Thanks again.
    Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk
    09-08-11 06:06 PM
    Dead Space listed at 402MB. NFS listed at 291MB.
    Nedved51 likes this.
    09-08-11 06:11 PM
    Dead Space listed at 402MB. NFS listed at 291MB.
    And the other 1000 aps will add up to 1gb. If the op is deleting videos after watching them 16gb should be enough.
    Nedved51 likes this.
    09-08-11 07:22 PM
    I moved from a 16gb to 32gb to soon a 64gb. If you take videos in 1080p with the camera (which I do), then the 16gb gets eaten up very quickly. Also depends on how much of a music/photo collection you have on your device. I store quite a bit of both on my device (I use it to show photos to others), and so I had to move up the storage capacity. Android player was about 200mb's i think.
    Nedved51 likes this.
    09-08-11 07:34 PM
    The on-disk size of the apps is basically only a tiny bit larger than the size you see listed in App World in most cases, especially when the bulk of the app's size comes from the contained media files, such as audio, video, and images.
    Nedved51 likes this.
    09-08-11 09:20 PM
    Thanks very much, that's exactly what I was wanting to know.

MY music will stay on the phone, I'll basically always have it with me any time I have the PlayBook so no need to put music on it too really. Like I said any videos I watch have no need to stay on my PlayBook except in exceptional circumstances, that's what my home pc is for.

I may take some videos, but I'd guess very few, so I'm not worried about that taking up space. 16GB looks like it should do fine for me.

I assume games are the only really large apps for the PlayBook at the moment? There's a few I've seen for iPad that if came out on PB I'd most likely get, so that would probably be the main space drain for me.

Thanks again.
    09-09-11 06:31 AM
    You may still want to put your music on the PB. The PB has a Wolfson audio chip that may have better sound than your phone,

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-11 07:14 AM
    You may still want to put your music on the PB. The PB has a Wolfson audio chip that may have better sound than your phone,

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Hopefully soon we can just play our music from the phone on the playbook thru bridge.
    09-09-11 07:48 AM
    At the moment I use Motorola S9 bluetooth headphones which from what I understand isn't currently supported?

I'm also not someone who needs 4 days worth of music on a device at once, a 2gig card does fine in my bb when I have around 10gig of music at home.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk
    09-09-11 09:00 AM
    BT headphones/speakers/etc are not supported.

Currently or forever - who knows other than Rim and they are probably broadcasting that info using BT so we canNOT hear it!
    09-09-11 10:04 AM
    Was just wondering if anyone would be able to tell me the size of the larger pb apps (Dead Space or NFS most likely) once they're installed on the PB?

I'm thinking of getting a 16gb PB and although I'll use it for videos, I'm the type of person who will delete them once watched so don't need a huge size for that. My BB covers music too so will mainly be apps stored on the PB.
    In light of your stated use-case the BlackBerry PlayBook 16GB model should be sufficient. Additional storage can be added via cloud storage such as provided by DropBox or Box, or an external hard disk such as the SeaGate GoFlex Satellite 500GB WiFi-enabled USB-enabled hard disk. If you assume you will require 10GB for data (videos, photographs, documents) and 6GB for applications, then add either cloud storage or an external hard disk is certainly a less expensive option than purchasing the extra 16GB (32GB model) or 32GB (64GB model). Now, if Research In Motion offered additional RAM above the base 1GB that would be nice though let's hope no application consumes all 1GB RAM for itself. However, given the way software bloat is so rampant in the software industry these days I wonder if "1GB RAM really is all the memory anyone will need", to paraphrase Bill Gates.
    09-10-11 05:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD