So there is a new app in App World like Evernote called Simplenote also they have a iPhone app also witch is a plus because if you create a note on the iPhone then log into Simplenote you will find the note on your Playbook and do the same back to your iPhone. So for now I will stop using Evernote since I can have notes sync on both devises. Just wanted to give you heads up.
    Last edited by rm2092; 07-18-11 at 07:49 AM.
    07-18-11 07:20 AM
    simplenote work also from the browser the app doesnt make lot of sense...
    07-18-11 10:40 AM
    You could say the same for the Evernote app right ?
    07-18-11 03:45 PM
    Well, no.... simplenote is *simple* simpler than evernote- It run perfectly using PB browser-
    Point is that, PB have no app, but in fact *require* not much apps!!!! some service can be used from web browser--
    Please tell jurnalist about it..
    07-18-11 04:00 PM
    One drawback to SimpleNote is there is no BB phone app for it, and it's unuseable in the BB browser (on my 9780, at least). If I'm going to use a cloud-based note app, I want to be able to get at my stuff from the BB too.

For that purpose, Evernote is better, although the BB version for some reason doesn't activate auto-text, smart caps, etc.

The best solution I've found so far is Upvise. Upvise has a decent BB app, and is accessible from any browser. There's no PB app, but it works fine in the browser, so there's not much need for more than a bookmark. The free version of Upvise has some other apps, such as a text-only Wikipedia client, Contacts backup, and a few other things. These can be removed if you don't want them. Removing them from the web-based version means the mobile app won't load them either. I find that I use the text-only Wikipedia quite a lot, since it's very fast.

Upvise supports the creation of folders for different categories of notes.
    dayoungdc likes this.
    07-28-11 12:47 PM
    Just checked out Upvise and it is fantastic. Exactly the kind of application I have been looking for to manage note taking on my PB.. Thank you. We need more like this! Please advise of other web apps that are business centric.
    07-29-11 09:01 AM
    Just checked out Upvise and it is fantastic. Exactly the kind of application I have been looking for to manage note taking on my PB.. Thank you. We need more like this! Please advise of other web apps that are business centric.
    I've been using Upvise for years, since it was in beta. The developers have generally been very open to suggestions for improvement, and it has come a long way. If the BB app were in App World, I'm sure it would be better known. The fact that it's available for BB, Android, iOS, Symbian, and Windows Mobile makes it even more attractive, because you can have confidence that if you ever switch over to one of those platforms, your notes etc. will be right there for you.

This is one of the few sites that I have a home screen bookmark for on my PB.
    07-29-11 09:27 AM
    Any update if there is a Simplenote app for the PB?

maybe a .bar file of android Flick Note?

Help! I'm dropping Evernote for Simplenote and want the PB in the mix!
    08-27-12 01:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD