awesome! thanks for the update!
    08-16-12 11:29 PM
    Any way to get a more current version of firebox browser? More compatible with new outlook/hotmail Web app.
    08-18-12 04:46 PM
    Any way to get a more current version of firebox browser? More compatible with new outlook/hotmail Web app.
    Change the user agent, select Firefox and change Mozilla to 6.0 and Firefox to 14.0. That should work.
    08-18-12 04:49 PM
    Thanks. Worked perfect. From a happy PB user.
    08-18-12 05:18 PM
    This looks real good and like others I thank you for this post OP.
    08-18-12 05:21 PM
    Hello,

I just bought Simple Browser Plus and I love the features it has. I have a question, I bought it because I used the free version of Simple browser to load a work website and it works great in the free version using the IE user agent but in the full version when I load the work website I get a java nullpointer error using IE user agent. I have tried all versions of IE user agent in the pay version but I still cant get the webside to load like it does the the free version.

Is there some setting I should change to get the full version to load like the free version?

Thanks Dave
    09-02-12 03:20 PM
    If you set the user agent to IE in the free version, it should show the ID -string. Can you copy that and paste it into the Custom string for the Pay version? Just a thought, I'm sure the dev has a better solution.
    09-02-12 04:17 PM
    Works great now. Only issue not is the occasional crashing that it seems to do at the absolute worst possible time.
    09-02-12 08:54 PM
    This application blows the native browser out of the water.
    09-03-12 06:57 PM
    Add the "password manager" with the master password like Firefox, please. It's a much needed feature for the Simple Browser.
    Thanks.
    09-03-12 07:48 PM
    I also noticed that I get a warning about flash updates using simple browser no matter what user agent I select compared to the native browser. I'm not sure why I would get that warning with simple browser and not the blackberry browser. Is there something I'm missing?
    09-04-12 10:09 AM
    Is it just me or has simplebrowser gotten much slower? Switching tabs seems to take forever there is always a moments load. The ad blocker barely works for me. Clicking on a tab requires multiple taps this is true for closing tabs as well.

Any ideas?
    dave1701 likes this.
    09-04-12 11:56 AM
    My g/f is a big fan of the Create and Craft homepage at http://www.createandcraft.tv but we've never been able to get it working in either the PlayBook's native browser nor in SimpleBrowser despite having a general tinker with the settings.

Do you have any recommendations that would make it work for her as at present the site just hangs without even loading the main page?

Many thanks.
    09-04-12 04:44 PM
    My g/f is a big fan of the Create and Craft homepage at Create and Craft Homepage - CreateAndCraft - CreateAndCraft but we've never been able to get it working in either the PlayBook's native browser nor in SimpleBrowser despite having a general tinker with the settings.

Do you have any recommendations that would make it work for her as at present the site just hangs without even loading the main page?

Many thanks.
    What do you mean by you haven't been able to get it working? I just checked and the homepage loaded absolutely fine and the embedded video on the homepage played as well. Didn't bother to navigate anymore. Do you have any specific problem when visiting the website? Let me know so I can check it for you on my playbook.
    09-05-12 06:05 AM
    What do you mean by you haven't been able to get it working? I just checked and the homepage loaded absolutely fine and the embedded video on the homepage played as well. Didn't bother to navigate anymore. Do you have any specific problem when visiting the website? Let me know so I can check it for you on my playbook.
    Thanks!

On both of our PlayBooks, 16Gb and 64Gb, whether using the PlayBook's own browser, or SimpleBrowser, the site doesn't load at all. Just get a progress bar and nothing else. You can leave it for as long as you like but no page ever loads. I'm on .358, she's on .668, so I'd assumed it was an incompatibility with the PlayBook's OS and this particular Site.

I've tried several sections of the site (from the subsections listed by searching for Create and Craft in Google), but still the same.
    09-05-12 06:20 AM
    Thanks!

On both of our PlayBooks, 16Gb and 64Gb, whether using the PlayBook's own browser, or SimpleBrowser, the site doesn't load at all. Just get a progress bar and nothing else. You can leave it for as long as you like but no page ever loads. I'm on .358, she's on .668, so I'd assumed it was an incompatibility with the PlayBook's OS and this particular Site.

I've tried several sections of the site (from the subsections listed by searching for Create and Craft in Google), but still the same.
    I'm also on .358 so that's not the problem. May be the website is blocked by your ISP but chances for that are thin. Another thing I can think of is your browser settings. If you can tell your settings I can check them against my configuration.
    Since the website is loading fine on my playbook, it's not the browser compatibility issue.
    09-05-12 07:54 AM
    I'm also on .358 so that's not the problem. May be the website is blocked by your ISP but chances for that are thin. Another thing I can think of is your browser settings. If you can tell your settings I can check them against my configuration.
    Since the website is loading fine on my playbook, it's not the browser compatibility issue.
    It is very odd - can access the website perfectly from our PC's, iPad, iPods, Android phones, (yup, we're geeks, yay!), it's just both PlayBooks that seem unable to view it. The fact that it works on all the other devices should eliminate it being an issue with our router, DNS settings (the router is set to use GoogleDNS of 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4), etc. That's what made me think it was a PlayBook specific issue. The 16Gb model is about 6 months old, the 64Gb is less than 3 weeks old. The 16Gb has had a security wipe too, just to check if it was some clutter left over from previous OS/app installs.

PlayBook Browser Settings:

/General
    For a New Page Show - My Bookmarks
    Homepage - blackberry.com
    Search Engine - Google
    Remember Open Tabs - Off
    Default Font Size - 16
    Detect Text Encoding Automatically - On

/Content
    Load Images - On
    Enable Flash - On
    Enable Javascript - On

/Permissions
    Allow Websites to Access My Location - On

/Privacy & Security
    Keep History For - 30 days
    Private Browsing - Off
    Block Pop-ups - Off
    Accept Cookies - On
    Enable Websockets - On
    Enable Web Inspector - Off

I've completely cleared History/Cache/Cookies/Clear Local Storage/Clear All previously with no effect.

=============================================

SimpleBrowser Settings:

I've left these all at default settings, I've tried each of the different User Agents selectable (I've only got the free version at the moment, but will purchase if that will resolve the issue for sure).
    09-05-12 08:21 AM
    It is very odd - can access the website perfectly from our PC's, iPad, iPods, Android phones, (yup, we're geeks, yay!), it's just both PlayBooks that seem unable to view it. The fact that it works on all the other devices should eliminate it being an issue with our router, DNS settings (the router is set to use GoogleDNS of 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4), etc. That's what made me think it was a PlayBook specific issue. The 16Gb model is about 6 months old, the 64Gb is less than 3 weeks old. The 16Gb has had a security wipe too, just to check if it was some clutter left over from previous OS/app installs.

PlayBook Browser Settings:

/General
    For a New Page Show - My Bookmarks
    Homepage - blackberry.com
    Search Engine - Google
    Remember Open Tabs - Off
    Default Font Size - 16
    Detect Text Encoding Automatically - On

/Content
    Load Images - On
    Enable Flash - On
    Enable Javascript - On

/Permissions
    Allow Websites to Access My Location - On

/Privacy & Security
    Keep History For - 30 days
    Private Browsing - Off
    Block Pop-ups - Off
    Accept Cookies - On
    Enable Websockets - On
    Enable Web Inspector - Off

I've completely cleared History/Cache/Cookies/Clear Local Storage/Clear All previously with no effect.

=============================================

SimpleBrowser Settings:

I've left these all at default settings, I've tried each of the different User Agents selectable (I've only got the free version at the moment, but will purchase if that will resolve the issue for sure).
    Your native browser settings are same as mine, no difference at all. Yes, i have the paid version of the Simple Browser but that's not the issue either because I tested it on my native browser as well and it opened fine.
    I'd like you to write full url of the website in the browser as:
    ((http://www.createandcraft.tv/homepage.aspx))

I said that because may be your beowser is not redirecting properly. I'm attaching the screenshot of my broswer below.
    Last edited by usedberry; 09-05-12 at 08:48 AM.
    09-05-12 08:44 AM
    This browser is definitely my favorite on the PB. I downloaded it and instantly loved the true full screen experience and it was faster (for me) than the native PB Browser. About 5 minutes into using the browser, it now crashes. I've tried a delete and reinstall, but similar things happen.

Really hope this gets fixed! Love the app!
    09-05-12 08:51 AM
    This browser is definitely my favorite on the PB. I downloaded it and instantly loved the true full screen experience and it was faster (for me) than the native PB Browser. About 5 minutes into using the browser, it now crashes. I've tried a delete and reinstall, but similar things happen.

Really hope this gets fixed! Love the app!
    Do a hard reset. It crashed only once on my playbook since i bought (about 2 weeks ago). What's your os version? Yes, I'm also waiting for the developer to address some of the issues posted here, mainly for new features.
    09-05-12 08:57 AM
    Your native browser settings are same as mine, no difference at all. Yes, i have the paid version of the Simple Browser but that's not the issue either because I tested it on my native browser as well and it opened fine.
    I'd like you to write full url of the website in the browser as:
    ((Create and Craft Homepage - CreateAndCraft - CreateAndCraft))

I said that because may be your beowser is not redirecting properly. I'm attaching the screenshot of my broswer below.
    Same thing on both devices I'm afraid - typed in the full URL (http://...) but no difference at all. Absolutely bizarre. ~oO~

OOO OOO OO!!!

...it's suddenly just worked! Blimey! Not sure how or why, but I think you were right about the redirection issue - MANY THANKS!

My g/f will positively explode with delight!
    Last edited by PATHIAN; 09-05-12 at 09:03 AM.
    09-05-12 08:58 AM
    Drat and triple-drat! Spoke too soon - it only partially loaded the page and then hangs again. ~oO~
    09-05-12 09:05 AM
    Drat and triple-drat! Spoke too soon - it only partially loaded the page and then hangs again. ~oO~
    Try again few times. I'm sure that it would work. Remember to add the url with the /homepage.aspx part, in case it's really the redirection issue. Check the screenshot for the full url. Hope it starts working for you soon.
    09-05-12 09:09 AM
    Just a quick update: I can get the C&C website to work fine if I tether my PlayBook to my mobile phone (as a wi-fi mobile hotspot that connects to Vodafone UK).

Have tried the standard BT DNS servers, along with GoogleDNS and OpenDNS, so I'm at a loss as to what it is unless it's some setting on the router itself that I'm missing (Netgear DG834N).

I know this isn't now anything to do with SimpleBrowser or the stock PlayBook browser, so if anyone has any ideas it's probably best to PM me - thanks to usedberry for his help so far too.
    usedberry likes this.
    09-06-12 11:23 AM
    To developer,
    I've been trying to use the Simple Browser today but when i launch the browser, it only shows the white screen and doesn't show anything else. I need to close the app without any option. After opening and closing the browser for about 10-11 times, it loads the tab on the next attempt. And yes, i wait long enough every time for it to load.
    Please fix the issue asap. Thanks.
    09-06-12 11:23 AM
716 ... 2324252627 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD