I'll create a thread for this.

For the last day, when I attempt to open SimpleBrowser+, I am greeted with an entirely black screen. Attemtping to use tabs results in really nothing happening. Eventually, I can get to my home page by trying tabs and cancelling actions.

It appears that it is stalling at

htt.... (to avoid making this a link) forward-thinking.net/simplebrowserhome

I am guessing it is checking on the Ad-blocker or someother stuff. Normally, it opens my assigned homepage (an html on my pb).

Anyone else running into this?

edited to add: Hmm, can't get to the settings screen. I'm going to restart the pb....
    Last edited by F2; 07-13-12 at 04:46 PM.
    07-13-12 04:41 PM
    It was happening to me yesterday. Wouldn't do anything. Ended up deleting and reinstalling.
    07-13-12 05:01 PM
    It was happening to me yesterday. Wouldn't do anything. Ended up deleting and reinstalling.
    I rebooted. Got some message about "new version, etc" and clicked OKAY. Same problem. So before reading your reply, I did the same - Delete and reinstall. Did lose my various settings but at the moment it seems to be working again.
    07-13-12 05:26 PM
    Happening to me as well. I was hoping I wouldn't have to delete and reinstall my bookmarks are set up beautifully. Darn it!!!
    07-13-12 05:37 PM
    I guess an email to hatax or support might answer the question. Could be a site that's internally linked is down????
    07-13-12 07:54 PM
    I came here expressly to see if anyone else was having problems. I too rebooted without making any difference, and I was hoping to avoid deleting and reinstalling because of bookmarks. Now when I press on the bookmark feature all of my bookmarks are there but I can't get Simplebrowser+ to navigate to any of them.

When I navigate to the forward-thinking.net site via the PB browser it says that it is the home of simple browser. It looks like the it has something to do with the actual writing of the app. It's perhaps Hatax's own site?

I think I will hold off for a day or two before deleting and reinstalling - just until Hatax has a chance to respond to the problem.

Glad i'm not the only one with the problem!
    07-13-12 08:24 PM
    I just sent an email to support. I will have to check as its an account I don't use much.
    07-13-12 08:47 PM
    I have a solution, happened to me yesterday and this solved it.

Just backup your bookmarks first, then in the settings page, Restore All to Defaults. It will then close SimpleBrowser+ and the next time you start it it will be normal again.

Then restore your bookmarks and configure your settings back (will just take you a minute)
    07-13-12 09:44 PM

Just backup your bookmarks first, then in the settings page, Restore All to Defaults. It will then close SimpleBrowser+ and the next time you start it it will be normal again.

Then restore your bookmarks and configure your settings back (will just take you a minute)
    No go.. I can't even get the settings tab to show.
    07-13-12 11:54 PM
    I had the same issue - I could not get to settings.
    07-14-12 12:24 AM
    Uninstall and reinstall worked for me. Just restored my settings. Back them up every month or so. Many apps have settings backup functions, worth using.
    07-14-12 12:54 AM
    What is your version? (I found mine along with the app name in "my world")
    07-14-12 02:32 AM
    Ah I forgot to mention. Slide down from top and the hidden address bar will reveal. Tap the Tabs button, the usual 4-tab-screen will come out and the green spiral thing will spin in the middle. Let it spin and after awhile it will be gone. Click on any of the blank tabs and a tab should open and by that time you can access the settings page.

Note that you still need to restore to default settings even thouh you managed to 'call' the first tab out. I just happened to discover this. Hope this helps.
    KOOLWATER and Judge Dredd like this.
    07-14-12 02:41 AM
    Thanks jiatern! That worked but I did lose my bookmarks. That's not a biggie but I do have a question, where is the facility to backup either settings or bookmarks within the app? I have a few apps where backup is easy & visible but I couldn't locate the backup in SimpleBrowser+.

Thanks!
    07-14-12 06:56 AM
    Thanks jiatern! That worked but I did lose my bookmarks. That's not a biggie but I do have a question, where is the facility to backup either settings or bookmarks within the app? I have a few apps where backup is easy & visible but I couldn't locate the backup in SimpleBrowser+.

Thanks!
    Are you using the latest version of SimpleBrowser+? I am sure bookmark backup is just two option above the Reset All to Defaults in the settings page.

Sent from my BlackBerry Playbook
    07-14-12 07:13 AM
    Thanks! I'll check!
    07-14-12 07:20 AM
    Same behavior on my pb a couple of days ago. Un/reinstalling solved the issue. I don't think is settings related, because it shouldn't have affected all of us at the time...
    Only Hatax will know :-)
    07-14-12 09:20 AM
    Sent email last evening to the support id. No reply yet.
    07-14-12 03:34 PM
    I cant get to the appropriate settings page -- only the one that begins with Set Home Page. The two button bars for tab specific and global options are unresponsive.

I don't want to reinstall and lose my bookmarks, and I hate using the native browser because it takes forever to load the damned ads (particularly here!).

Help us, HaTaX -- you're our only hope.
    07-14-12 06:00 PM
    Ah I forgot to mention. Slide down from top and the hidden address bar will reveal. Tap the Tabs button, the usual 4-tab-screen will come out and the green spiral thing will spin in the middle. Let it spin and after awhile it will be gone. Click on any of the blank tabs and a tab should open and by that time you can access the settings page.

Note that you still need to restore to default settings even thouh you managed to 'call' the first tab out. I just happened to discover this. Hope this helps.
    Thanks! That worked!
    07-14-12 08:28 PM
    Got this last night, unfortunately while showing off my PB on a 52 inch LCD.

I reinstalled and it worked.
    07-18-12 10:33 AM

Perfect! I was a minute away from deleting (and losing my bookmarks) when I read this. Worked like a charm. Thanks!!!
    07-18-12 01:25 PM
    I still can't get to the Tab Specific Options page from Settings. It just displays the Global Options page. (Or it might be vice versa -- I just get the page with Set Home Page, etc., as indicated in my earlier post, but there is no option for backing up bookmarks or restoring defaults) The button bar for the other options page doesn't respond. Freak this.
    07-18-12 01:44 PM
    The developer of this application is on CrackBerry.
    His name is: HaTaX.
    KermEd likes this.
    07-18-12 01:47 PM
    I still can't get to the Tab Specific Options page from Settings. It just displays the Global Options page. (Or it might be vice versa -- I just get the page with Set Home Page, etc., as indicated in my earlier post, but there is no option for backing up bookmarks or restoring defaults) The button bar for the other options page doesn't respond. Freak this.
    Open the app. Swipe down. Click on the tabs icon top left. Click on one of the 4 boxes. it should then bring up your homepage. Swipe down again. Click on the folders icon. Click on the gear. Settings should be there. Back up bookmarks. "Reset all to default". Close app. Open app. All should be normal. Restore bookmarks.
    sleepngbear likes this.
    07-18-12 01:51 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD