so i just learned about a neat web site called imo.im

apparently u can log in to all popular IM clients including skype.

the interface works well on the playbook and you can even send files from the playbooks system.

it claims you can make calls via audio and video but i havent gotten that to work yet, so, ive been using reelportal app as a work around. works well enough since its so easy to multitask on the playbook.
    05-19-11 07:37 PM
    so i just learned about a neat web site called imo.im

apparently u can log in to all popular IM clients including skype.

the interface works well on the playbook and you can even send files from the playbooks system.

it claims you can make calls via audio and video but i havent gotten that to work yet, so, ive been using reelportal app as a work around. works well enough since its so easy to multitask on the playbook.
    Faaaar from true.. even text chatting was a bit of a stretch... I wouldn't say that Audio/ Video works!
    05-19-11 08:03 PM
    yeah the audio/video does not work. Texting was not too bad, however when you try video it says mic is not recognized. I believe that is one of the issues, the browser does not recognize the mic or camera.
    05-19-11 08:05 PM
    its still working well for me. been using the site for the past hour. its easier for text when u set the convos to full screen tabs and not windows. theres an option there somewhere.

and reelportal.com works for everyone so its a good hold over i guess if u must need it.
    05-19-11 08:18 PM
    .........and reelportal.com works for everyone .......
    Really? Everyone? I beg to differ.
    05-20-11 09:49 AM
    Really? Everyone? I beg to differ.
    works for me, but the echoing is still a problem without headphones. theyre supposed to be fixing it either with the flash update, or something deeper to do with the hardware/software i read somewhere.
    05-20-11 09:58 AM
    This is wayyy better than meebo. Thanks!

Still need an IM app though...
    05-20-11 10:39 AM
    works for me, but the echoing is still a problem without headphones. theyre supposed to be fixing it either with the flash update, or something deeper to do with the hardware/software i read somewhere.
    The echo is what killed it for me. None of the people I'd like to video conference with have or want headphones and their hardware has no provision for noise cancellation.
    05-20-11 11:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD