12-27-11 04:56 PM
77 ... 234
tools
    I see the update in App World, but can't download it yet.. RIM- fix this: if you show it as an update, then I should be able to download it immediately, not a day from now..

Anyways, I was playing with the user agent settings again and comparing the different browsers I've got on my system now (PlayBook native, SimpleBrowser+, Dolphin and Zirco (the last two are Android apps; Zirco is an open-source project browser with some rudimentary ad blocking- there's a sourceforge project I believe, so HaTaX, perhaps you can take a look and maybe get some ideas?)..

One of the things that I found is a bit of incompatibility in SimpleBrowser with certain sites. In particular I noticed that for Yahoo mail's mobile view, Dolphin and Zirco using an iPad UA gives you a much better split-windowed user interface vs. what you get with the native browser. If you also set an iPad UA in SimpleBrowser, it *tries* to give you the same split-windowed mobile interface, but only the menu on the left hand side of the screen shows up for me; the preview windows, etc on the right, are blank..

Is this something that's resolved in the newest build?
    12-27-11 12:03 PM
    Just an update guys, the new version has been submitted and I'm waiting for App World to approve and release the update of version 1.0.6 for both the free and paid version. Should be very soon now!

I'm migrating the questions and support over to this thread for now: http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...g-both-682421/

Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful for the support many have shown here, but I thought it would be best to have an official thread for SimpleBrowser so I created one.

Saw lots of good ideas in here and hopefully all of you that suggested features will find some things useful in this new build, I took a lot of ideas I saw posted here and tried to come up with something that would fulfill your requests.

Hope to see you in the new thread!
    12-27-11 04:56 PM
77 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD