hey HaTaX, so im trying out the free version and does this browser not handle file downloads? i was trying to download a zip off one of the threads here on cb and it doesnt do anything when i click, nor when i hold and save link as. i had to copy/paste n go in native browser.

if i understand correctly, you've updated the app but is pending appworld approval right? will the free one be updated as well?
    12-14-11 12:37 AM
    The free one will be updated soon, but I'm polishing up some things for the plus version right now. Should have a good update for the free one to bring in some of the features of the plus version by the weekend.

File downloads are handled correctly, but the free code base hasn't been updated since july.... So it definitely will have some improvements for it very soon.
    12-14-11 01:01 AM
    Great little app... like the new improved bookmark icon (better than the heart).
    Sorting bookmarks will be a most welcome update mate
    12-14-11 01:45 AM
    Well from the looks of this thread, it's a must buy. Just bought it... time to test it out! Can't wait to see how much better is compared to the stock browser while accessing the net via Bridge.
    12-14-11 05:12 AM
    aww, i still cant buy anything,anyone a solution,i tried everything except a wipe.
    Think i will wait till tomorrow,maybe better luck next time
    12-14-11 09:26 AM
    HaTaX I have your plus version running on OS2 Beta. Love it! I may have found a bug for you. Close your browser turn off your wifi and start it back up. Your program gives an error message like "Try again later" or something which is all cool however your Playbook should now be locked solid and require a 3 button reboot. Don't know if this would happen on 1.0.8 or not. Again thanks for your work on this! Oh, that was your version prior to 1.0.2.
    12-14-11 10:17 AM
    Have you talked to Playbook support? They helped me with a similar issue in the past. Call them at 1-877-644-8410
    12-14-11 10:50 AM
    Do you have showcase mode enabled?
    I did not have showcase mode enabled. Thanks! That solved the problem. Now I can stream Amazon Prime movies while doing other stuff. Well done!
    12-14-11 11:25 AM
    It seems I can have the free and paid versions on my PB at the same time, so I technically could have two streams going, couldn't I?

EDIT: Tried two streams - couldn't do it. Could only play one at a a time. Tried 2 amazon streams and one amazon and one youtube stream. Same result.
    Last edited by HofstraJet; 12-14-11 at 11:36 AM.
    12-14-11 11:26 AM
    Plus version just adds bookmarks right now along with the ability to set your home page.

It has one cool feature, remember the last site you were on. So if you close it, it will go right back to your last page when you re-open it again.

The feature I'm waiting to be approved is changing the user agent string. You'll be able to pick from iPad, Android, Desktop Firefox, and also enter your own custom string if you like. That way you always get the desktop version of webpages. Hopefully they'll approve it soon and those three features I think help the plus version stand out from the free one and make it worth the $2.
    Will the ability to change user agent allow us to access lets say certain sites that we can't now...(also it would be nice if you can change the 'app icon' to look better)
    12-14-11 12:31 PM
    whats the chances of getting slingplayer to work on the browser?? that would be great..
    12-14-11 12:43 PM
    whats the chances of getting slingplayer to work on the browser?? that would be great..
    I've been trying everything desperately. No luck as of yet. It needs a plug-in which doesn't work on the PB and there is no PB app. Someone in another thread said that Sling mentioned they are waiting to see how QNX develops and then decide whether to support, so I don't see support anytime soon for either the PB or any BBs other than older ones (the latest they officially support is the 9700, but I had the 9780 working - 9900 is a no go).
    12-14-11 02:09 PM
    @ hatax
    after wiping,i could finally buy the plus version,seems good,the bookmark page coukd look a bit more polished,but it gets the job done
    Could you maybe integrate the option so that the top bar is permanently even after selecting a bookmark.Since the bar is small anyways i would mind having it all the time.
    12-15-11 12:30 AM
    SimpleBrowser+ is on the first row of Top Purchased apps in appworld, and the freeversion is lurking somewhere in Top Free... well done!
    12-15-11 12:59 AM
    another great thing about simple browser is....the GMAIL HTML5 site actually works!
    12-15-11 01:22 AM
    hi Hatax, bought it last night, love it, thanks for the awesome app!! it's more stable than the stock browser, haven't experienced one single crash yet, but will you add tabs to the browser? if so, that would be neat
    12-15-11 03:51 AM
    I have the free trial and it seems good, but it doesn't seem to want to open a new tab if a site requires it. Is there a way to change this? Does the paid version change this?
    12-15-11 09:55 AM
    is this an android app for 2.0? I dont see it when I search in App World

edit: found it SimpleBrowser (no space)
    Last edited by regnaston; 12-15-11 at 11:48 AM.
    12-15-11 11:25 AM
    i downloaded the free version of the browser last night.
    it works great!!

Thanks once again for this awesome FREE browser.
    12-15-11 12:53 PM
    A couple things I will wanna try when I get the chance, unless someone can confirm: the use of Google Maps is fixed and we can surf bridged.
    12-15-11 01:16 PM
    I downloaded the free version of the browser last night.
    it works great!! After about an hour I purchased the Plus version...Awesome job HaTaX
    12-15-11 03:44 PM
    A couple things I will wanna try when I get the chance, unless someone can confirm: the use of Google Maps is fixed and we can surf bridged.
    Tried it for you... I'm on OS 2 beta using the lite version of the app.

works great, the browser is extremely fast compared to the stock browser or it seems like it is. Google maps is fast at loading the place you are looking for and getting directions works like a charm!
    12-15-11 05:29 PM
    The free one, at least, does not work with google maps on os1.... Get the same LOADING stall as on the native browser.
    12-15-11 07:31 PM
    I wanted to thank you for developing your browser. I'm typically a cheapskate when it comes to apps but I do plan on buying your browser as soon as your recent tweaks get Ok'd by RIM- if it hasn't already.

Your great and timely responses makes me want to support your work
    12-15-11 08:40 PM
    HATAX

I just downloaded the basic browser, took a while to search and find it.
    I think its better to use SimpleBrowser as one word so dumb people like me can search exactly in App World and find it.
    Thank you for your work, will check this out and support you.
    12-15-11 09:16 PM
77 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD