Hey guys,

just wanted to take the time to show you one of my apps on the playbook!

SilentNoise
    SilentNoise is the perfect tool to help you read, relax, study or sleep by using colored noise to effectively block out background sounds! If your environment is too distracting, having trouble with sleep or you're simply looking for a way to melt all your stress away then try listening to some noise.

• Easy to use!
    • Choose from White, Pink, or Brownian noise
    • Slide the volume bar to a comfortable level
    • Activate the oscillation for some auditory zen!

Upcoming Features
    Lots more features to come especially if there's interest in this application.

• Sleep timer
    • Lots more noises to be added
    • Customization options, can't really give details about that now

Please keep in mind that this is my first time developing for the blackberry environment so go easy on me! I'm open to suggestions so let me know if there's anything I can do to improve the application or if there are any features you'd like to have.

Website AppWorld

04-19-11 11:17 AM
    can someone please try out my app and let me know if there are any issues with it? I'd really appreciate it!

I've had a lot of downloads but no reviews (maybe that's a good thing lol) and all I need to know if it runs smoothly and whether or not the sounds are fine (not choppy)

Once I know everything is running smoothly I'll start with the updates otherwise I'll have to iron out the bugs first.

Thanks
    04-20-11 11:39 AM
    DUDE, the discription looks GREAT, can't wait till I get to wifi and can download it. I would be GLAD to take a look and give you a review! It'll be in about 6 hours, since I'm at work. I DO have Internet Tethering, but for some reason App World requires wifi.
    04-20-11 11:46 AM
    Thanks pkcable! The app itself if pretty simple but I really want to expand it's functionality.

It's a little hard at first to get used to having some noise in the background but what I usually do is lower the volume and after a few minutes you don't notice it anymore. It feels like everything else is blocked out, especially with headphones on.
    04-20-11 12:10 PM
    Not having seen it yet, my one suggetion might be to do something with peaceful backgrounds. For example a stream, a tropical beach, a zen rock garden, etc
    04-20-11 12:35 PM
    that's on my todo list and with a lot more features as well
    04-20-11 12:46 PM
    just saw your review pkcable, thanks again

I take it everything was running smoothly?
    04-21-11 10:30 AM
    just saw your review pkcable, thanks again

I take it everything was running smoothly?
    For the most part, but the oscillator could have worked better. It just seemed to me like it should have had more effect on the sound than it did. I would also like to see additional sounds perhaps, maybe a running stream sound, crickets, bird song, pouring rain, etc Still though even with what you have it's a nice apps, be good for meditation, or for privacy, and certainly good for help with sleep. Might be a good idea to add a sleep timer for those who want to use it to help them go to sleep, and have it shut down after setable amounts of time.
    04-21-11 11:07 AM
    Thank you for the suggestions, all noted

For the oscillator, do you mean that you want it to oscillate faster or longer as in lower the volume more than half of what you selected?
    04-21-11 11:33 AM
    Thank you for the suggestions, all noted

For the oscillator, do you mean that you want it to oscillate faster or longer as in lower the volume more than half of what you selected?
    I'm thinking faster, BUT maybe it should be something the user could control more, and do both faster AND longer (and slower and shorter). Let the user control the oscillation rate. I guess that's 2.0?

Anyways, it's a GREAT app as is, and it sounds like you plan on making it even better, and I fully support that.
    04-21-11 11:55 AM
    Yeah I've been thinking about giving more control to the user and that's definitely planned for the next update.

I also plan on adding much more advanced functions but those will probably be in a "pro" version (at a cheap price!).

You're feedback has been invaluable to me and when I do release a pro version I'll be sure to send you a free copy! I noticed you already got a few free apps hehe
    04-21-11 12:20 PM
    Yeah I've been thinking about giving more control to the user and that's definitely planned for the next update.

I also plan on adding much more advanced functions but those will probably be in a "pro" version (at a cheap price!).

You're feedback has been invaluable to me and when I do release a pro version I'll be sure to send you a free copy! I noticed you already got a few free apps hehe
    People around here seem to respect my opinion and want me to try out their apps. I'm not 100% sure why. Anyways as you might have noticed I'm trying to start a brand with my App World reviews, I'm calling them all PK Reviews (and then the app name). Hopefully in the future developers will want to seek out and get those PK Reviews on their App World app or AppVerse listings. A boy can dream can't he?

EDIT: I like the idea of a free and then a more advanced "pro" version.
    04-21-11 12:38 PM
    That sounds like a plan, you should even start a website with your own reviews!

I also have other apps in the works so when those are complete I'll be sure to get in touch with you for your "professional" review lol
    04-21-11 01:25 PM
    Quick Update

I fixed some minor bugs as well as made it so that the PlayBook doesn't go into standby while the app is running (otherwise the sound will just stop playing and it kind of defeats the purpose of using it for sleep aid)

The file is awaiting approval from AppWorld so I'll update this post when it does get approved.

On side note, I've been told that the PlayBook will go into standby if another app is in fullscreen. There's nothing I can do about that, it's how the PlayBook works (maybe they'll change this later)

Also, another thing to be aware off, if the device is not set to ShowCase mode, which isn't by default, the audio will stop playing when the user leaves the app.

So in order to fully enjoy SilentNoise (especially for sleeping)
    A user needs to
    • Have the device on ShowCase (if you plan on multi-tasking, or simply leave the app focused)
    • Not be focused (fullscreen) on another app before sleeping

I can now start focusing on new features
    Last edited by sergeh; 04-26-11 at 02:40 PM.
    04-26-11 02:30 PM
    love it - simple, does exactly what it says, perfect little app.
    04-29-11 04:43 PM
    love it - simple, does exactly what it says, perfect little app.
    Thanks!
    04-29-11 04:51 PM
    Alright first update has been finally approved!
    Should start getting pushed soon
    05-04-11 03:13 PM
    YEA!!!!!! Finally
    05-04-11 03:14 PM
    lol, just to reiterate this update only brings minor bug fixes (the only bugs that have either been reported to me or I found myself)

The next update is still in the works but should be submitted to app world soon!
    05-04-11 03:19 PM
    lol, just to reiterate this update only brings minor bug fixes (the only bugs that have either been reported to me or I found myself)

The next update is still in the works but should be submitted to app world soon!
    Ok, still waiting for the pro version eh? REALLY looking forward to that!
    05-04-11 03:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD