Does anyone has experience with Signing blackberry playbook apps? i've tryed it multyple times but all with no succes.... if i openup the .bar file there are 3 files, i'm missing the RDK files. how can i fix this ? !
    Last edited by jeroen_13; 02-05-12 at 06:59 AM.
    02-05-12 06:47 AM
    Developer questions are best asked in the BlackBerry Developer community support forums.

Pick the most appropriate forum, and after searching for answers to similar questions, if you don't find a solution post your question there: Developer Support Forums - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    02-05-12 10:28 AM
    Does anyone has experience with Signing blackberry playbook apps? i've tryed it multyple times but all with no succes.... if i openup the .bar file there are 3 files, i'm missing the RDK files. how can i fix this ? !
    There are a bunch of different ways to sign apps. What you need to do, on your PC, is convert your files using the BB tools to a P12. And the P12 is what you use to sign.

If you can give me specifics on your setup, I might be able to give you some advice. It is very finicky. Once you have your P12 - do not touch *anything*. Write down the company name you registered for the keys - it has to match to the letter.

Ed.
    02-05-12 12:09 PM
    There are a bunch of different ways to sign apps. What you need to do, on your PC, is convert your files using the BB tools to a P12. And the P12 is what you use to sign.

If you can give me specifics on your setup, I might be able to give you some advice. It is very finicky. Once you have your P12 - do not touch *anything*. Write down the company name you registered for the keys - it has to match to the letter.

Ed.
    im using the .p12 file for signing apps. the command prompt says "Info : Bar file signed" but if i try to side-load it DBBP still says "Unsigned bar file" . if i ooen the .bar file with winrar and i open up the METAINF folder there are 3 filesm and if i open a "proper signed" bar file the METAINF folder contains 5 files. im missing the RDK files.... any solutions?

greetz jeroen
    jtokarchuk likes this.
    02-06-12 01:02 PM
    you have to sign it twice, once for rim, and once for you

heres the guide i followed. it worked perfectly
    10 Easy Steps to Package and Sign AIR Apps for PlayBook Hemanth Sharma – Tech Blog
    02-06-12 04:56 PM
    You need to sign the bar file twice, once from RIM, once from yourself. did you do this?

Code:
    Note:
    To sign your application using the command line tools, perform the following steps:

Send a request to the RIM Signing Authority to sign your .bar file.
    blackberry-signer -verbose -cskpass <your CSK password> 
        -keystore <your P12 file> -storepass <your P12 file password>
        <BAR_file.bar> RDK
     Sign the .bar file using your code signing certificate.
    blackberry-signer -keystore <your P12 file> -storepass <your p12 file password>
        <BAR_file.bar> author
    Note: The author element does not represent your author name, enter it exactly as shown.
    from: Sign your application - Tutorial - Signing Adobe AIR applications for BlackBerry tablets using command line tools - 1.1
    02-06-12 06:43 PM
    @jtokarchuk
    I'll give it a try, but 've done that before but with no succes; it says: "Invalid argument for "RDK" ... But i'll try again with your code.

EDIT: doesn't work ! got this error:

Code:
    C:\Playbook>cd C:\Playbook\Tablet OS\blackberry-tablet-sdk-1.1.1\bin

C:\Playbook\Tablet OS\blackberry-tablet-sdk-1.1.1\bin>blackberry-signer -verbose -cskpass MYPASS -
    keystore MYP12.p12 -storepass MYPASS launcher.bar RDK
    Error: Certificate chain not found for: RDK.  RDK must reference a valid KeyStore key entry containi
    ng a private key and corresponding public key certificate chain.
    C:\Playbook\Tablet OS\blackberry-tablet-sdk-1.1.1\bin>
    any solutions ?
    Last edited by jeroen_13; 02-07-12 at 07:57 AM.
    02-06-12 11:56 PM
    @jtokarchuk
    I'll give it a try, but 've done that before but with no succes; it says: "Invalid argument for "RDK" ... But i'll try again with your code.

EDIT: doesn't work ! got this error:

Code:
    C:\Playbook>cd C:\Playbook\Tablet OS\blackberry-tablet-sdk-1.1.1\bin

C:\Playbook\Tablet OS\blackberry-tablet-sdk-1.1.1\bin>blackberry-signer -verbose -cskpass MYPASS -
    keystore MYP12.p12 -storepass MYPASS launcher.bar RDK
    Error: Certificate chain not found for: RDK.  RDK must reference a valid KeyStore key entry containi
    ng a private key and corresponding public key certificate chain.
    C:\Playbook\Tablet OS\blackberry-tablet-sdk-1.1.1\bin>
    any solutions ?
    where it says "keystore MYP12.p12", you will need to point to the directory your keystore is actually located. e.g. "C:\Users\Name\Desktop\store.p12"
    02-07-12 08:30 PM
    Also if my .P12 file is in the bin folder ?
    02-07-12 11:48 PM
    Also if my .P12 file is in the bin folder ?
    BlackBerry PlayBook: Code Signing Process | In Flagrante Delicto!

this will take you through the process of properly registering your CSK and RDK files to work.
    02-08-12 07:00 AM
    SOLVED thanks
    02-12-12 06:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD