So I've tried sideloading apps on 2.0 official and none of them really work...

Is it because I have things like Ice Cream Launcher and Honeycomb launcher installed and that is interfering with the process?
    02-23-12 10:57 AM
    So I've tried sideloading apps on 2.0 official and none of them really work...

Is it because I have things like Ice Cream Launcher and Honeycomb launcher installed and that is interfering with the process?
    The Launchers shouldn't make a difference, or at least they shouldn't interfere with the working of the apps as the launchers are just apps themselves.

Rumor has it that some of the apps are less than stable on the official release of 2.0, although it has been in my experiance that none of the converted android apps are all that stable, at least when compared to native QNX apps.
    02-23-12 11:06 AM
    Side loading worked great for me. I don't have the launchers installed so I don't know if they are a factor.
    02-23-12 11:07 AM
    I'm having trouble also ... I have sideloaded on previous edition, but i can't seem to get it work on 2.0. I have updated the Java, I have ddpb from before, and have it in development mode. It shows on my Playbook but It won't open. I have rebooted. I have tried loading Kindle, Latitude and Music Search all from the Made a List! (links to 243 BAR's) on Crackberry.... Any suggestion to get it to work
    02-23-12 11:07 AM
    The only thing I really have left to try is wipe the PB and start from scratch and see if it works.
    02-23-12 11:17 AM
    I read in another post, if you had the android in another version, you will have to do a wipe.
    02-23-12 11:20 AM
    +1 on the wiping thing, there was a post on preparing for the official os2 and anyone running the beta or android player or rooted PlayBook should wipe.

With regards to the android player and apps being unstable, yes that was true to a large extent I ran the beta for months, this however is not the case now, absolutely not so, the android player is rock solid stable, I've tried repeatedly to crash it or freeze it and it won't give!

I also noticed that background android apps that needed the task killer are not an issue any longer. Man this keyboard is good!
    02-23-12 11:32 AM
    Side loading worked perfecto for me, try reboot or wipe at least
    02-23-12 11:41 AM
    I had issues loading Twitter onto the PlayBook™.

The problem was the Twitter bar was no good. Once I found a new file all worked well.

This was typed using Tapatalk.

Best place I found for bars is voodreader.com.
    02-23-12 11:49 AM
    I'm having trouble also ... I have tried loading Kindle, Latitude and Music Search all from the Made a List! (links to 243 BAR's) on Crackberry.... Any suggestion to get it to work
    That list was made for the beta. A lot of those don't work.

Use these bars http://goo.gl/lFPJ2

They work.
    02-23-12 11:55 AM
    I'll wipe and give it a try and see how it goes
    02-23-12 12:49 PM
    I'm happy to report that wiping worked just fine.

Sad to report that even though I have the Market app installed but I can't create/sign in to a account.

Maybe a future root will allow direct installs of .apks (since apparently we can't go back down if we are on the official OS) or maybe RIM will work out something with Google to let it happen.

Right now though the apps are good all around and more variety is always good.
    02-23-12 01:29 PM
    I read in another post, if you had the android in another version, you will have to do a wipe.
    I didn't have android in any other version, already loaded a few apps and they worked in os2 but when I try load new ones it doesn't work.
    02-23-12 04:48 PM
    That list was made for the beta. A lot of those don't work.

Use these bars Blackberry Playbook Android Apps | Good e-Reader Android App Store - We support Kobo Vox, Kindle Fire and More

They work.
    Man... that's a great find! I immediately installed half a dozen of these. Sweet collection I'm going to post this link elsewhere
    02-23-12 05:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD