Hey all. I tried posting this in the Sideload section of the forum, but didn't get much response. Basically, I've been noticing more and more apps anf games not working when sideloaded, in partucular the ones from Good E-Reader.

I've tried sideloading them from different laptops, switching the default behaviour of the PlayBook, running them in regular and development mode, resetting my PlayBook more times than I can remember, security wiping and resetting my PlayBook to factory default. So far nothing.

Finally, I did what I think was downgrading my android player. I found an older tgread that posted the bar for an older versionof the player, sideloaded it, and now my player works worse than before. Besides sideloading it, was there something I should have done to downgrade the version? Now that it's downgraded, is there a way for me to upgrade it again, besides resetting to factory default?
    01-05-13 06:54 AM
    Maybe the .bar files you have are corrupted, or your PB has a problem... Mine works fine...
    01-05-13 07:36 AM
    Forgot to re-mention, aswell. When i did the factory restore, my desktop manager told me that it was completed, but with warnings. I have no idea what the warnings were, and couldn't figure out how to view them.
    01-05-13 07:47 AM
    What method are you using to Load the android apps? I'm having reasonable results from using the Chrome Browser and the add-on "Playbook App Manager." But I will say that yesterday after I did a full Security Wipe, that I had tried loading about 1/2 dozen at a time and while the Icons showed up on the pb, they only gave me the spinning arrow and never loaded. So I Deleted them (using the Press/Hold and trashcan) and then tried again after rebooting the pb and did one at a time. The same apps then loaded fine and seem to work.

I will admit that the Security Wipe is not fun for a 64gig unit. Tons of manual backup and tons of Restoration and I'm still adding back Appworld apps (and some now have higher prices and I'm pissed!).

Oh, I did not use DM to Restore. I am doing it all manually. I did not want to take a chance that a DM restore might also "restore" problems/settings or apps that were, well, the Problem (I could not establish Permissions for new apps).
    01-05-13 10:18 AM
    I've started having problems with the Windows Messenger sideloaded app. I think it began crashing during startup with the last OS 2.1 update. Kindle reader app is working ok, but not perfectly. Android apps from Appworld seem to be running great with no issues. I hope this does get some attn on this forum.
    01-05-13 12:58 PM
    What method are you using to Load the android apps? I'm having reasonable results from using the Chrome Browser and the add-on "Playbook App Manager." But I will say that yesterday after I did a full Security Wipe, that I had tried loading about 1/2 dozen at a time and while the Icons showed up on the pb, they only gave me the spinning arrow and never loaded. So I Deleted them (using the Press/Hold and trashcan) and then tried again after rebooting the pb and did one at a time. The same apps then loaded fine and seem to work.
    I've been using the most recent version of DDPB. Loading them groups at a time... I'll try loading them one at a time, and resetting. Then I'll try the Chrome way.
    01-05-13 01:19 PM
    Reinstalled DDPB, noticed that it remembered the last apps I tried sideloading which makes me think it didn't actually fully uninstall. Read something about java, so I installed the latest version of that. Now DDPB gives me an error when I try to connect it to my PlayBook ('java' is not recognized as an internal or external command). Installed Chrome and the PlayBook Manager, sideload apps one at a time, same result, they crash.

If I have to uninstall, reinstall, reset or reconfigure anything else for the next day or so, I'm going to need to buy new toys.
    Last edited by KidCaboose; 01-05-13 at 03:03 PM.
    01-05-13 02:29 PM
    Try switching usb ports.
    Also, I remember trying to sideload an app. And it wouldn't appear on the homescreen because the micro usb wasn't fully plugged in
    01-13-13 05:25 PM
    FYI, the MS Messenger sideloaded app is running again. It must have been a glitch on the MS side of things. Of course I assume it will all be moot in a couple of days.
    01-24-13 07:41 AM