Ok this time is the "side way" to get into App World from unsupported countries.

This way is known and not new, however I post it in case someone needs it but doesn't know yet.

People from unsupported countries can't access App World can use this alternative solution to fulfill your dream now.

First, google for "Free HTTP Proxy". For example: Proxy!Live - anonymes Surfen im Internet*

Note that free proxy is not staying for long or can be used, in this case, choose and try till getting one working for you and remember to choose Anonymous ones.

Or you can purchase an HTTP Proxy account for a month, a year... It's up to you.

Remember to get a supported countries proxies such as US, Canada, Australia...

When you get one. It could have:

Proxy Server IP Address: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
    Proxy Port: xxx
    Username: if there is.
    Password: if there is.

On your PlayBook:

+ Get into WiFi Settings.

+ Choose the "Saved Networks".

+ Choose your current WiFi Network

+ Scroll down and check the "Use HTTP Proxy"

+ New fields appear and enter the information such as Proxy Server, Proxy Port...

+ Choose "Save and Connect"

+ Exit Settings and try App World.

Hope this helps.

Louis.

*Thanks much to Doreen from Germany for the site.
    Last edited by louis.keeper; 06-20-11 at 05:24 AM.
    Foreverup, he11fire555 and dgary8 like this.
    06-15-11 09:10 AM
    Hi,
    Thanks for this tutorial because it works .
    I've been trying all these days to make the appworld work.
    Unfortunately there are still errors.
    Every application I try to download gives me the message : "There was a problem during installation.Please try again."
    Do you know how to fix this ?
    06-18-11 08:07 AM
    Hi,
    Thanks for this tutorial because it works .
    I've been trying all these days to make the appworld work.
    Unfortunately there are still errors.
    Every application I try to download gives me the message : "There was a problem during installation.Please try again."
    Do you know how to fix this ?
    That's very normal, because the one you choose can't work 100%, they might not support download... Please try other ones.

There should be one should work for you. Be patient or purchase an account somewhere. Purchased account works more stable and perfectly rather than free ones.

Cheers.
    he11fire555 likes this.
    06-18-11 09:56 PM
    Can you help me to set up a Torch with the proxy settings. I can't get a wireless signal where i am, and will be here for 2 more weeks. I'd like to access app world on my Torch and it gives the error "No Data connection found". I have wi-fi, but i can't get to app world. I can browse the internet and use othe internet required apps, but not app world.
    Thanks,
    06-19-11 12:13 AM
    Can you help me to set up a Torch with the proxy settings. I can't get a wireless signal where i am, and will be here for 2 more weeks. I'd like to access app world on my Torch and it gives the error "No Data connection found". I have wi-fi, but i can't get to app world. I can browse the internet and use othe internet required apps, but not app world.
    Thanks,
    Sorry Torch can't do this trick. Only PlayBook.
    06-19-11 06:16 AM
    1 more good and fast http proxy list. Since PlayBook is sold officially in Australia from today 20/6 so you can use Australian HTTP Proxy now.

Proxy Lists. Sorted by country. List #1

Cheers
    Last edited by louis.keeper; 06-20-11 at 05:25 AM.
    06-20-11 05:18 AM
    louis,

thanks. i tried one and it connected but when i updated my PB, the same result. no face chat. also, when i tried finding blackberry news 1.0, it didnt appear. then when i tried to get into blackberry news from the link, it took me to app world it said free but it also said 'this item is not supported by your current device profile'

im in UAE.
    06-20-11 05:54 AM
    That's very normal, because the one you choose can't work 100%, they might not support download... Please try other ones.

There should be one should work for you. Be patient or purchase an account somewhere. Purchased account works more stable and perfectly rather than free ones.

Cheers.
    Thanks for the fast reply ...
    Anyway I tried many free proxies ,no one worked unfortunately.
    So I'm thinking of buing one.
    I wanted just to ask first ...Is it safe buying this kind of stuff ?
    For example here https://www.plimus.com/jsp/buynow.jsp
    06-20-11 07:18 AM
    louis,

thanks. i tried one and it connected but when i updated my PB, the same result. no face chat. also, when i tried finding blackberry news 1.0, it didnt appear. then when i tried to get into blackberry news from the link, it took me to app world it said free but it also said 'this item is not supported by your current device profile'

im in UAE.
    I guess UAE is supported and you can reach App World without any problem. If i am wrong then please try some Australian proxies or US proxies or it's best to buy an HTTP Proxy account from the site i recommended in the first post. I bought an account from that link and it works pretty fast and stable.

Thanks for the fast reply ...
    Anyway I tried many free proxies ,no one worked unfortunately.
    So I'm thinking of buing one.
    I wanted just to ask first ...Is it safe buying this kind of stuff ?
    For example here https://www.plimus.com/jsp/buynow.jsp
    It could be your bad day Please be patient or purchase one from the recommended link in the first post. I'm using it daily and it's fast

For the link you mentioned, I am not sure, try it at your own risk or try the one i bought from.
    06-20-11 11:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD