Still same problem. Using different PC, different windows OS, JRE updated, current and previous DDPB installer, updated and "old" bar files for same program. Still frustrated!
    Ok please keep in mind these points:

1. Some apps work on 2.0 won't work on 2.1
    2. Extracted apps from 2.1 won't work on 2.0 and 2.1 if it's not same BlackBerry ID.
    ArnieR6 likes this.
    06-19-12 01:53 AM
    Not all successfully converted apps will work when run. That seems to be what error -4 is.
    The consensus with installation errors are that -4 means there is not enough free space on the PB (some say 2 Gb+ is needed), and -9 means that the necessary libraries do not exist on the device and therefore those apps will not work.

Some apps fail install with no error code, and a second install will work.
    Some give an error but works fine.
    Some need a restart or two to work.
    Last edited by jackpots; 06-19-12 at 03:07 PM.
    louis.keeper and ArnieR6 like this.
    06-19-12 03:05 PM
    The consensus with installation errors are that -4 means there is not enough free space on the PB (some say 2 Gb+ is needed), and -9 means that the necessary libraries do not exist on the device and therefore those apps will not work.

Some apps fail install with no error code, and a second install will work.
    Some give an error but works fine.
    Some need a restart or two to work.
    Thank you! I deleted a couple of large video files to free up more memory and I was able to install the file successfully.
    louis.keeper likes this.
    06-29-12 04:25 AM
    BlackBerry Desktop Manager - Issues
    Downloaded BDM on my Desktop PC. Not a very intuitive UI. Got it going for the first time and backing up my Playbook. Now every time I connect my Playbook to the PC, BDM automatically goes into backup mode which takes an hour plus. Cannot figure out how to turn the auto download off so that I can use BDM to transfer a .bar file from the PC to the Playbook.
    At one point, I got to a stage where I clicked on a file on the PC and then clicked send to and was given an option of sending it to the Playbook, but was denied by the Playbook. (I wasn't able to get back to this again.)
    Is there a post that could help?
    The frustration level is high because every time I tried to start over, BDM wanted to backup the Playbook, a procedure you can't cancel out of!
    Another multiday learning curve event - something I hadn't experienced with the Playbook yet!
    louis.keeper likes this.
    07-16-12 09:30 AM
    BlackBerry Desktop Manager - Issues

For some reason, I thought that BDM could be used to transfer files. ITS NOT!!

I Googled "How to transfer files for a PC to a Playbook". The answer appeared. All you need is the Device IP address.

Regards
    louis.keeper likes this.
    07-16-12 03:28 PM
    i suucessfully sideloded an application but its not visible inn my playbook...plzz help me
    03-31-15 06:29 AM
    Doesn't work on Windows 10

 Priv... cue the comeback!
    03-14-16 04:29 PM
157 ... 567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD