So the OS crashes are such a problem to require an inflammatory post, but you don't feel like fixing it for a few days? Hmmm.
    alnamvet68 likes this.
    02-26-12 06:55 PM
    Apps aren't necessarily crashing...they are just being terminated by the OS because of low memory (much like iOS, Android, and webOS).

I find memory management to be a bit better on the OS2.0 (to my surprise), but the one app that really has memory problem is the browser. The browser can easily suck up a lot of memory, whereas the other apps don't. So, if your apps are disappearing a lot, try quitting the browser and see.
    02-26-12 06:56 PM
    So the OS crashes are such a problem to require an inflammatory post, but you don't feel like fixing it for a few days? Hmmm.
    Really? It's a Sunday night, I'm tired, I would like to do this wipe process correctly so I will dump my data onto a functioning computer when I find one, and i do not want to do that right now. I am frustrated that my apps are not stable, that hasn't changed. Not everyone is out to get rim/cause problems.
    Last edited by kmcobra64; 02-26-12 at 07:03 PM.
    Tomcat_Alley likes this.
    02-26-12 06:59 PM
    Apps aren't necessarily crashing...they are just being terminated by the OS because of low memory (much like iOS, Android, and webOS).

I find memory management to be a bit better on the OS2.0 (to my surprise), but the one app that really has memory problem is the browser. The browser can easily suck up a lot of memory, whereas the other apps don't. So, if your apps are disappearing a lot, try quitting the browser and see.
    Thanks, I'll try that. Though to be honest the browser is my favorite part of the pb so I'm normally on it pretty much all the time (right now, for instance). That's a good idea though, if I don't need it open I will definitely close it and see if that helps.

Sidenote: man my spelling in forum posts is so much better since OS2!
    xindy likes this.
    02-26-12 07:02 PM
    Updated from beta, I have had no problems.
    The only time things begin to act funny is when I have a ridiculous amount of tabs open while using the browser or when I have a scary number of applications running on showcase mode.
    02-26-12 07:04 PM
    Yeah, my PB browser many times close without warning. This very annoying, I must searching again to previous URL/link.
    I think RIM must fix this.
    So far I still prefer PB over my iPad 2. More light and love the UI swipe
    02-26-12 07:07 PM
    Updated from beta, I have had no problems.
    The only time things begin to act funny is when I have a ridiculous amount of tabs open while using the browser or when I have a scary number of applications running on showcase mode.
    Yeah my problem is with just one or two tabs open or one or two apps. I'll be going back and forth between the browser and messages for example and when I go back to the browser it won't be there.

I am always in showcase mode, though.
    02-26-12 07:08 PM
    Browser crashes on some pages, I don't know why. Save your work, then try this one...

No More Expensive Smurfberries, As Apple Changes Policy -- AppAdvice
    02-26-12 08:55 PM
    Browser crashes on some pages, I don't know why. Save your work, then try this one...

Haha browser just crashed each of the 5 times I just tried opening that page. Nice.
    02-26-12 09:03 PM
    Hey anyone still on this thread that said their browser was fine, can you open the above link?
    02-26-12 09:07 PM
    I have only experienced a "crashing application" on this tablet once and it was immediately resolved by performing a hard reboot. Since you use the BlackBerry PlayBook as your primary electronic device it would be prudent to devise a data backup strategy. The Seagate GoFlex Satellite WiFi Hard Disk is a very good backup solution and in conjunction with Ghost Commander you might be able to automatically synchronize the files between the tablet and external storage unit. In any event, you really better come up with a way to preserve the data on the BlackBerry PlayBook.
    02-26-12 09:12 PM
    I have only experienced a "crashing application" on this tablet once and it was immediately resolved by performing a hard reboot. Since you use the BlackBerry PlayBook as your primary electronic device it would be prudent to devise a data backup strategy. The Seagate GoFlex Satellite WiFi Hard Disk is a very good backup solution and in conjunction with Ghost Commander you might be able to automatically synchronize the files between the tablet and external storage unit. In any event, you really better come up with a way to preserve the data on the BlackBerry PlayBook.
    Very true, I'll have to check out that hard drive. Sounds like it would give me a lot more peace of mind.
    02-26-12 09:15 PM
    Haha browser just crashed each of the 5 times I just tried opening that page. Nice.
    Why are you trying to read an Apple website? Yeah, it closed my tablet web browser immediately too. Boycott the website and email the webmaster or owner to tell them the reason. Adios.
    02-26-12 09:15 PM
    I use the go launcher which shows what apps are running in the background And I have noticed 4-5 android apps just up and run when they feel like it. Go launcher also has a built in task killer that works great. Every time I have had issues with crashes I go and check the go launcher and sure enough multiple android apps are running in the background. RIM should deploy a shutdown option for the android player in a future release. This would solve the memory / crashing issues. Just simply shut it down when your not using it.
    02-26-12 09:18 PM
    I guess the question is when's the next UPDATE, to fix these "BUGS
    02-26-12 09:22 PM

Finally something that can prove the browser crashes, just depends which website you're visiting.

Try this:

Go to browser settings and turn off "load images" and open it, it will open without crashing. Now while it's open go back to browser options and turn on load images.....poof

Now to the people who've never experienced the infamous "poof", can you open this page?
    02-27-12 03:03 AM
    My browser and new mail app have been closing/crashing randomly as well. My free memory is 368 with just my browser open. I can now see that memory appears to be in short supply with mail, browser, and any other app open. Time to do a little experimenting.
    02-27-12 04:26 AM

Not sure how true this is. I didn't have browser crashes (although experiences other crashes) until yesterday. Had the native email app with email notification from crackberry.com, and clicked on the link. Browser was coming up then "poof" it disappeared. Wasn't running any other app at the time.

So tried it few more times, and same results. Went to the main screen and launched the browser directly. It would come up on bookmarks screen, then stay there for a while then "poof". Oddly, tried this few times eventually browser came up. Afterwards, link from email app worked.

So, explain to me. If the memory was low, does OS clear up unnecessary memory every time I tried to launch the same app again and was crashing due to low memory issue? I thought having 1 GB of RAM (twice the amount of iPad) and running just 1-2 app shouldn't cause memory issues.
    02-27-12 07:07 AM

Did a secure wipe last night, and my browser crashes immediately on opening this. Funny thing is, my browser also crashed this morning when opening crackberry.
    02-27-12 07:11 AM
    Hey anyone still on this thread that said their browser was fine, can you open the above link?

This is the first time my browser crashed and it was from that page. Odd.

Edit: I just tried simple browser and it crashed as well. I'm going to try dolphin since it's android based.
    Last edited by zorecati; 02-27-12 at 07:42 AM.
    02-27-12 07:33 AM
    After some experimenting, I found another website that poofs the browser everytime. Now the matter of the fact is it is unfortunately memory related.

When I launch my browser, I have about 488mb total free memory. I input the address MARCA.com (it is quite a pic/video intensive page) and while it loads I quickly swipe down from corner, settings, about, hardware, then back out. Repeat and watch as the memory runs itself down. I actually reached somewhere around 34mbs before the browser was closed down.

But the better question is why does it sometimes close the browser as soon as the browser is launched or right in the beginning of the page loading attempt.
    02-27-12 07:39 AM
    Finally something that can prove the browser crashes, just depends which website you're visiting.

Try this:

Go to browser settings and turn off "load images" and open it, it will open without crashing. Now while it's open go back to browser options and turn on load images.....poof

Now to the people who've never experienced the infamous "poof", can you open this page?
    Same results. Images off and the page loads. Crashes the second images turned on.
    Maybe some computer guru could explain why.
    RIM would probably like to know. If someone knows where to send support email then send them the link.
    02-27-12 07:39 AM

This link will crash native browser on me as well. Oddly it works on Dolphin browser.
    02-27-12 07:51 AM
    This link will crash native browser on me as well. Oddly it works on Dolphin browser.
    I tried to install dolphin but it's no longer available it looks like, unless I side load it.
    02-27-12 07:56 AM

How do we get this formally reported so the browser can be improved upon in v2.0.1?
    02-27-12 07:59 AM
88 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD