we are focusing the attention on the browser, but it is not the only app crashing... if you have like 3 or 4 open and jump between them, at some point when you try to go back you will notice all the other apps closed.
    02-27-12 08:06 AM
    The only app that I have crash on a rare occasion the web browser, which was not an issue on OS1x. Other than that seems to run great, speedy, after two security wipes. Loving the email app!!!! Pulse news reader is side loaded and working great.
    02-27-12 08:13 AM
    Guys. This new os is a really sh**t
    Browser constantly crashin no matter how u make security wipe or reinstall the full os
    Multitasking not working as well like in old os I can't open more than 3 apps that some of them crashes its awful RIM Fails again..
    02-27-12 08:27 AM
    I think you are in the minority Andy.
    Are you putting beta backups on the PB after a reinstall?
    All the issues I had upgrading from beta were fixed by a clean install.
    02-27-12 08:36 AM
    Browser constantly crashin no matter how u make security wipe or reinstall the full os
    Multitasking not working as well like in old os I can't open more than 3 apps that some of them crashes its awful RIM Fails again..
    I wouldn't call it that. It just has some issues that need to be ironed out.

It multitasks much better than the old OS. On the old os, I could barely run 4-5 apps. Just now, I was demonstrating to my brother how good it multitasks and I was able to reach 13 open apps before it started shutting down apps! And he looked on in awe...as he held his iphone
    mandony likes this.
    02-27-12 08:37 AM
    There seem to be a problem using the usual PB screen (lower right X) 'close app' for Android apps.
    The apps sometimes do not close down, rather they are hidden.
    When trying to open that app or another Android app the PB will try to open the old app, and usually crash.

It seems the more dependable way to close an app is to use the Android screen (back< arrow in the lower left corner).
    Go back until you get the screen that says 'recent applications', then do a usual close screen.
    02-27-12 08:43 AM

I'm sorry, but this is simply not true. Since I'm not sure what you did to your pb before the update or after, your issue could be self inflicted, or you just got a bad PB (this does happen.)

That site does crash the pb browser but that's the only site i've seen thus far to cause a crash i'm sure there will be more sites that cause it if i look hard enough.
    02-27-12 08:43 AM
    Browser constantly crashin ..... Multitasking not working as well like in old os I can't open more than 3 apps that some of them crashes its awful
    I highly DIS-agree. If you are running PB apps (not Android apps that the OP discussed) then the PB is very stable no matter if you have one or ten PB apps running.
    02-27-12 08:47 AM
    I think your update might not went smoothly, may be some corrupt data on OTA update. My PB has 500MB memory even after switching many apps & games.

Because it's not possible to re-update your PB, may be you should try Security Wipe, by backing up your PB to your friend's PC?
    02-27-12 09:13 AM
    I am running my PB OS2 right "out of the box" W/O anything installed or configured other than my WiFi , experiencing browser crashes too along w/other issues. Did a couple of security wipes yet found there to be no improvements.
    02-27-12 09:39 AM
    Add me to the list of people who have random Browser closing/crashing. I did a security wipe when I upgraded to 2.0. It does seem better than 1.xx.
    Sometimes is closes with as few as 2 tabs open sometimes its more. Rebooting helps most of the time but I still loose work. Dolphin browser is more stable and hasn't closed once on me so I have switched over to dolphin for most of my web usage on PB.
    Kinda sad that a 3rd party app on android works better than the native browser.
    I'd they can't fix the problem they at least need to put up a warning and not just close the screen. Give me the option to close tabs or apps and keep what I need running.

Other than the browser I'm Very happ with os 2.0
    02-27-12 12:35 PM
    Add me to the list of people who have random Browser closing/crashing. I did a security wipe when I upgraded to 2.0. It does seem better than 1.xx.
    Sometimes is closes with as few as 2 tabs open sometimes its more. Rebooting helps most of the time but I still loose work. Dolphin browser is more stable and hasn't closed once on me so I have switched over to dolphin for most of my web usage on PB.
    Kinda sad that a 3rd party app on android works better than the native browser.
    I'd they can't fix the problem they at least need to put up a warning and not just close the screen. Give me the option to close tabs or apps and keep what I need running.

Other than the browser I'm Very happ with os 2.0
    Isn't it ironic that Dolphin HD works smoother than the actual PB browser and yet it isn't even supposed to be available for the PB.

Is your Android app on BlackBerry App World without you knowing? -- Engadget

My PB browser crashed all the time too, it completely drove me nuts.
    02-27-12 01:29 PM
    Isn't it ironic that Dolphin HD works smoother than the actual PB browser and yet it isn't even supposed to be available for the PB.

Is your Android app on BlackBerry App World without you knowing? -- Engadget

My PB browser crashed all the time too, it completely drove me nuts.

The fact that it is not even supposed to be available for the PlayBook is still up for debate. If it was that big of an issue, lawyers work 24/7 and if Dolphin were to be taken down, I think it would have already been taken down.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    02-27-12 01:33 PM
    I tried Dolphin but found it to be very slow ... and not nearly as good as Simple Browser Plus ... or the native browser for that matter. I deleted within 24 hours of downloading it. Maybe it was just my PB ... but it was so slow that I found myself wondering why I had read so much about it?
    02-27-12 01:39 PM
    I don't have any crashes at all, everything runs smooth, even better than 1.0.8

Cheers!
    02-27-12 01:48 PM
    The fact that it is not even supposed to be available for the PlayBook is still up for debate. If it was that big of an issue, lawyers work 24/7 and if Dolphin were to be taken down, I think it would have already been taken down.

Yes it has been taken down from Apple World. I don't think there is a debate.
    02-27-12 01:50 PM
    Yeah, a few of my apps have been closing a lot recently. Browser and FB mainly.

Now when you guys do security wipes, do you back-up your PBs via DM and restore? Or do you wipe and re-install apps from scratch? On my BB phones, I've done both but its such a pain when starting from scratch and have to re-install everything. It's cool how you can save settings on some apps but unfort not all do.
    02-27-12 01:58 PM
    I don't have any crashes at all, everything runs smooth, even better than 1.0.8

Cheers!
    Your PlayBook is the 64g one? Right why all plps with 64g PlayBook says that they don't have any problems there's something different? I was wondering bout it

How u did your install u clean or just upgrade?
    Seriously guys I have so much issues with the new os..
    I tried to debrick once but the download of full os on bb manager never ends..
    02-27-12 02:33 PM
    Your PlayBook is the 64g one? Right why all plps with 64g PlayBook says that they don't have any problems there's something different? I was wondering bout it

How u did your install u clean or just upgrade?
    Seriously guys I have so much issues with the new os..
    I tried to debrick once but the download of full os on bb manager never ends..
    Try a security wipe. I'm not sure what the difference is between the 2 methods, but when I had a small issue on the 16gig i have and couldn't resolve it, that seemed to do the trick. I have a 16, 32, and 64 gig and I use the 16gig as my test bed.
    02-27-12 02:37 PM
    Well I really Think That We Should Email RIM about this Issues ...
    Its Annoyin Sometimes And After Plps Complaims So Much Why Plps Are So Blind About Apple Stuff ... Wtva Any App Never Crashed on My Ipad2 Iphone4s Never We Really Need That RIM give More Attention For All This Problems It 4 sure Dirty The reputation Of Playbook One day i was tryin to show My PB to a friend That Have an Ipad2 and When I opened Up the browser For awhile Crashes and He Laughed On My face Sayin Well We dont have Flash At Last Dont Crashes , Weird ...
    By the Away i will wait and TRy to Debrick My device On BBDevice Manager ... hope That Works And I noticed That Somtimes the Pircture APP Stay Strange Blurry ..
    02-27-12 03:34 PM
    I have a 64gig, browser was fine on day one, in fact seemed faster with 5 or 6 tabs open than it did before.

A few days in, crashing once or twice an hour.

Yesterday... 3 crackberry tabs open and the browser crashed 6 or 7 times in about 10 minutes.
    02-27-12 04:06 PM
    Well I really Think That We Should Email RIM about this Issues ...
    Its Annoyin Sometimes And After Plps Complaims So Much Why Plps Are So Blind About Apple Stuff ... Wtva Any App Never Crashed on My Ipad2 Iphone4s Never We Really Need That RIM give More Attention For All This Problems It 4 sure Dirty The reputation Of Playbook One day i was tryin to show My PB to a friend That Have an Ipad2 and When I opened Up the browser For awhile Crashes and He Laughed On My face Sayin Well We dont have Flash At Last Dont Crashes , Weird ...
    By the Away i will wait and TRy to Debrick My device On BBDevice Manager ... hope That Works And I noticed That Somtimes the Pircture APP Stay Strange Blurry ..
    Coming off the beta I would "debrick" before complaining to anyone.
    02-27-12 04:19 PM
    Yes it has been taken down from Apple World. I don't think there is a debate.
    Oh, did not know that, they take down the Asian Language version one as well? Wait, what? Apple World?
    02-27-12 04:21 PM

As far as I know the app was taken down as soon as the company that makes Dolphin found put it was published by Handster without their permission. I don't think the article mentions that part.
    02-27-12 04:41 PM
    well, I love the upgrade, but I have put all the native apps in a folder and have put my bridged aPPS in the top column.

I always have my phone, so this makes more sense for me and less frustration with the lack of natural syncing of my bb to pb.

I am in love with the remote control and the send to app is mind blowing. I am working thru all the apps as I try to see what works for me and whats does not.
    stpara likes this.
    02-27-12 05:24 PM
88 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD