Hi guys,

I'm new to crackberry and just got a playbook a few days ago and it's awesome. So I'm currently working on a shoutcast streaming app for personal use and was curious if you guys would like me to release it on the app store once it's complete. The app will be free of course. What do you think? and if you have any suggestions I'm all ears .

So far the app can:
    • search/play stations
    • favorite stations
    Rozlyn, RoboticGolem, KRol and 4 others like this.
    11-27-11 05:15 PM
    Make recording an option like "TuneIn Radio Pro" on blackberry phones, and iOS and I'll buy it tomorrow! A Talk radio junkie needs a "DVR" for radio too!
    11-27-11 09:21 PM
    Hi guys,

I'm new to crackberry and just got a playbook a few days ago and it's awesome. So I'm currently working on a shoutcast streaming app for personal use and was curious if you guys would like me to release it on the app store once it's complete. The app will be free of course. What do you think? and if you have any suggestions I'm all ears .

So far the app can:
    • search/play stations
    • favorite stations
    What I do I think? Wonderful news. And I dont mind paying for an app either - especialy if it would speed up the process
    11-27-11 09:24 PM
    If you could make an app that is a bit more tablet friendly than the website, I'll be all over it. It would also be great if I can search/browse streams while I have one playing.
    11-27-11 09:32 PM
    This would be a wonderful addition. I would def like to see it.
    11-27-11 11:03 PM
    yes please
    11-28-11 02:36 AM
    Cool I'm glad you guys are interested. I probably won't have it done until the end of this month or beginning of next since I got final exams next friday. I've applied for a partnership with Shoutcast so I really hope I get accepted then I can make this app available.

If you could make an app that is a bit more tablet friendly than the website, I'll be all over it. It would also be great if I can search/browse streams while I have one playing.
    You can currently search and play at same time
    Last edited by tkblackbelt; 12-06-11 at 11:49 AM.
    11-28-11 06:51 AM
    Would love it. Id pay for it as well.
    11-28-11 10:40 AM
    Really good idea, can't wait!
    11-28-11 08:15 PM
    im also all for this. you could do the beta free or .99 to support development then when you add features and improvements you could bump it up as value increases. i would pay for a good shoutcast app.
    12-03-11 07:33 AM
    im also all for this. you could do the beta free or .99 to support development then when you add features and improvements you could bump it up as value increases. i would pay for a good shoutcast app.
    I actually have some of the main features done already (playing music,searching, and viewing song information). I just want to add a few more things such as favorite stations,facebook integration, etc.., and need to do some major testing because I don't want to release anything buggy . I have my final exams starting next week so I won't be working on it until after there done, but after that I'm on holidays until January so you can expect a release probably in January depending on how things go and if I get approved as a partner.

Here's a screenshot of the main screen. This is no where near finished, the interface will be much more polished for release

Anyways what do you guys think about the interface and what improvements could be made?

Last edited by tkblackbelt; 12-06-11 at 11:50 AM.
    12-03-11 12:08 PM
    Looking great so far. Any ETA on release yet? More then willing to pay also for the app.
    01-19-12 01:08 PM
    Great. I'm looking forward to it.
    01-19-12 06:05 PM
    I really like the basis of your interface so far; good choice of music in your example too - trance rules!

I know you have said that the interface will be much more polished and I appreciate that. The only suggestion I would have, and its purely from a personal point of view, is that the interface doesn't need to be graphically cluttered. In my experience, sometimes the best apps are the ones that while maybe not winning an award for being the most graphically or artistically designed, simple work exactly as expected.

In any event, thanks for the work done so far. Lkg forward to seeing it finished.
    bitek likes this.
    01-19-12 07:43 PM
    Hi guys,

So far the app can:
    • search/play stations
    • favorite stations

yesssssssssss. I love Shoutcast. This will be A.W.E.S.O.M.E
    RWWackostu likes this.
    01-19-12 08:32 PM
    This sounds wonderful! Any possibilty of scrobbling support?
    01-20-12 04:57 AM
    I actually have some of the main features done already (playing music,searching, and viewing song information). I just want to add a few more things such as favorite stations,facebook integration, etc.., and need to do some major testing because I don't want to release anything buggy . I have my final exams starting next week so I won't be working on it until after there done, but after that I'm on holidays until January so you can expect a release probably in January depending on how things go and if I get approved as a partner.

Here's a screenshot of the main screen. This is no where near finished, the interface will be much more polished for release

Anyways what do you guys think about the interface and what improvements could be made?

Click to view quoted image
    Im a shoutcast fan. This looks great and the one input I can give is to give the option to listen to the streams at different speed rates, kbs... When you look a stream up on shoutcast, say techno/trance, a channel may come up but has 24k,64k and 128k streams.

You may also want to have the option to go to that channel's website, like shoutcast does... search results on SC also include the station's website in a url link.

Good job by the way.
    01-20-12 05:36 AM
    hey is the app done already ?
    01-20-12 08:17 AM
    yeah im waiting too. got my 99 cents ready to go.
    01-20-12 11:51 PM
    any update after 2 months? can't wait to finally use it honestly

Sent from my BlackBerry Playbook using Tapatalk
    03-27-12 02:18 PM
    I'm with others; any update or news on the state of this app? I hope it's still on track for being released. Wallet is definatley open for you.
    03-28-12 11:44 AM
    I lurvs Shoucast! I'd like to have an app that plays it.
    03-28-12 06:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD