I have a stupid number of pads - iPad 2, 2 Androids (Samsung Galaxy tab 7 and 10.1) and the Playbook.

I need to actually be able to get some work done. That means email, a cloud note taking and storage app, and office suite.

Email? Not on Playbook.

Cloud storage? Dropbox on all three.

Notes? Notesy on the iPad and iPhone is amazing and integrates directly with Dropbox. Not available on Android or Playbook. Evernote? Only on iPad and Android. Not PB. Springpad? Same thing. It's really annoying how few actual productivity apps there are.

I want to keep the Android tabs because the 7" is so handy. And heck, I love the 10.1.

What I really REALLY want is a tabbed notebook like AM Notebook. No one seems to have that. What is essential is that the notes and files be accessible from my tablets, iPhone and desktop/laptop.

What kills me is that the Playbook is so much BETTER than any of the other tabs. The display, OS and general usability is superb. Android feels like a hackers kludge compared to it. iOS feels like a toy. The hardware is wonderful. But all the hardware in the world doesn't make up for no apps.

I will keep the PB because no one will buy it for a reasonable price I'm sure. And I keep hoping some good apps will come out. But it's being relegated to playing Mahjongg until then.
    08-01-11 05:56 AM
    Can you do handwriting on both gtabs?
    08-01-11 06:29 AM
    Can you do handwriting on both gtabs?
    Not sure I follow. I can do drawings and so forth. Do you mean handwriting recognition?

Oh, and "SHEEP" practicality? Where did I get that one? Can a mod change that to SHEER?
    08-01-11 06:33 AM
    Yeah handwriting recognition, thats what I meant.
    08-01-11 06:34 AM
    I haven't looked much, but a quick look found Graffiti Pro for Android! I used Graffiti constantly on my Palms, so it's second nature. Cool idea - there isn't a good onscreen keyboard.

But that doesn't solve the problem. It is cool though.
    08-01-11 06:40 AM
    Go have a look at thinkpad tablet...lenovo..see if it fits your needs
    08-01-11 06:52 AM
    That looks like another Android tab. Is it any different than my Samsung 10.1?
    08-01-11 06:53 AM
    Looks more enterprise grade, may have to go thru specifications,...docking, stylus ready and so on. I started a thread on that.
    08-01-11 06:57 AM
    Looks more enterprise grade, may have to go thru specifications,...docking, stylus ready and so on. I started a thread on that.
    I will look for it, thanks!
    08-01-11 07:49 AM
    there are tons of on screen keyboards. Try flex T9 keyboard. It gives you voice, swype, handwritting and normal keyboard all in one.
    08-01-11 08:52 AM
    The thinkpad got flex t9, I believe. Built in..just like swype in my streak 5
    08-01-11 11:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD