Can I use my blackberry ID on the boyfriend's PB to download an app I've already purchased for my PB to the boyfriend's PB? Has anyone done this? I am done with the app... but he would like to use it.
    11-27-11 03:18 PM
    This would be considered piracy.
    11-27-11 03:33 PM
    Changing the scenario a bit. What if my PB bricks or is stolen and i buy a replacement... is it possible?
    11-27-11 03:53 PM
    Can I use my blackberry ID on the boyfriend's PB to download an app I've already purchased for my PB to the boyfriend's PB? Has anyone done this? I am done with the app... but he would like to use it.
    this has been discussed before but yes, you are allowed to use the same bb id for BOTH playbooks and you can have access to BOTH of your applications.

I asked this question before because I was unsure what would happen to all of my paid apps i I went out and got another pb for myself.

Another crack berry user, reassured me that it was possible to use the same apps on multiple pb's.

Hope this answer helps
    JR A and modine like this.
    11-27-11 03:56 PM
    Changing the scenario a bit. What if my PB bricks or is stolen and i buy a replacement... is it possible?
    Yup, you get asked (can't remember where... either during set-up or when you open AppWorld) whether you want to switch devices.
    JR A likes this.
    11-27-11 03:59 PM
    You can, but it requires sharing a BlackBerry ID. Once you've setup the BlackBerry ID on the second device the only way to change it is a complete security wipe. So, you can't just sign in and download a few apps, they become fully integrated.

Right now BBID is only used for AppWorld on the PB. However, longer term it appears BBM will be switching to BBID rather than PINs. This means that in the future when the PB has native BBM a message sent to that BBID will be delivered to both devices, you'll share one contact list, etc. It may also result in the same email accounts being shared, and therefore all the email messages being delivered to both devices.

So, for now you're fine, but you should be aware of the longer term implications. Also be aware it is probably considered piracy, and some apps use license keys and check PINs, so they'll work on one or the other.
    jafobabe and modine like this.
    11-27-11 04:08 PM
    It didn't work the way Patpatiar suggested. I thought it might because I use the same ID for both my phones - the switching ID, that is. I see that the shared ID (thanks taylorttb) may be the only way to do that. We don't want to do that. Seems a waste tho. I don't see how it's piracy. I paid for it and would gladly remove it from my PB and give it to him if I could. It's gifting, really.

Thank you all for the replies even if suggestions didn't pan out
    11-27-11 04:16 PM
    Try contacting the app developer and see if you can transfer the license.
    modine likes this.
    11-27-11 04:20 PM
    There were some rumours about AppWorld adding app gifting support. It was for the phone and not the PB, but what happens to one generally happens to the other. I'm not sure what came of this, and if you can do it for already purchased apps or just new purchases. But you might want to Google it, see if anything has changed.
    11-27-11 06:37 PM
    Apple has an advantage on this from what I've read online.

on the iPad, you can log into your family's account on itunes and reload apps they have and "SHARE". Since they've bought it already, it's shows as an existing downloaded/purchased item.

I don't think it's fair that you can't share with family members when you've purchased the app. I've bought it and the family should be able to share that product.

Strike 1 against PB
    01-12-12 11:39 PM

on the iPad, you can log into your family's account on itunes and reload apps they have and "SHARE". Since they've bought it already, it's shows as an existing downloaded/purchased item.

I don't think it's fair that you can't share with family members when you've purchased the app. I've bought it and the family should be able to share that product.

Strike 1 against PB
    Except it isn't a strike because RIM agrees with you and allows up to five Playbooks to share a BBID (the family account?) to connect to AppWorld and install the same Apps on every one of those PBs.

Pay once, install everywhere... family fun results!

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ond-pb-683952/ for details.
    jafobabe, braindigger and apg300 like this.
    01-13-12 12:19 AM

Strike 1 against PB
    Please get your facts straight before you make comments about the PB, obviously you have it wrong.
    1 BBID and 5PBs to use on..... how is that not sharing.
    alnamvet68 and apg300 like this.
    01-13-12 07:02 AM
    Jesus, just buy the app again for what, a couple of bucks? Most of you who whine about having to pay for the app for a second playbook drop more than the cost of an app at Starbucks (or timmies ) every DAY!!!!!!

Buy the app each time, support the dev's and maybe you'll see even more apps here!
    Bisboxer and apg300 like this.
    01-13-12 07:36 AM
    What I do is backup my apps with Blackberry desktop and do a restore to other playbook.
    01-20-12 04:53 PM
    What I do is backup my apps with Blackberry desktop and do a restore to other playbook.
    That'll work too, but many PB owners can't backup - a long-standing issue which will hopefully be resolved in my lifetime.

The "same BBID in AppWorld" route has the advantage of being standalone, but, you're right, either way will work.
    01-21-12 06:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD