As a community, what are some applications you would like to see on the playbook. Nothing fancy or 3D, just simple apps that would add to the value of owning a playbook.
    08-21-11 05:48 AM
    i really want a password keeper like the one on my phone. I k ow there are some similar apps but they seem quite complicated. I just want to store usernames, passwords, website information as sometimes I don't have my phone handy and need to log into a site such as Amazon.
    08-21-11 08:12 AM
    i really want a password keeper like the one on my phone. I k ow there are some similar apps but they seem quite complicated. I just want to store usernames, passwords, website information as sometimes I don't have my phone handy and need to log into a site such as Amazon.
    Ok, a simple one would be possible. Is there any password protection wanted when the app is opened or no? Just open the app and see your user, pass, and site?
    08-21-11 08:25 AM
    I really need EVERNOTE... and native google maps or a turn by turn gps app...
    08-21-11 08:33 AM
    an offline map application. you can be able to download maps of an area then you wouldnt need a internet application and you can use the built in gps!
    08-21-11 08:50 AM
    How about just a simple ascii text editor but that can load any file extension such as html (which is merely a specially formatted plain text file type). I want to be able to edit my xxx.html files as well as just plain text (xxx.txt) files.
    08-21-11 08:52 AM
    I wouldn't mind seeing a dj turntable app on the Playbook. I've seen one on ipad/ipod called djay by a company called Algoriddim. It'd be fun to mess around with songs we have in our music folders.
    08-21-11 11:15 AM
    My app request is an app that can be used to calculate a t-test, a statistical testing procedure, used in psychology and other social sciences. I have nothing to offer a developer who wants to create an app that would calculate it aside from giving a university statistics book to anyone who wants to take the task on
    08-21-11 12:10 PM
    Ok, a simple one would be possible. Is there any password protection wanted when the app is opened or no? Just open the app and see your user, pass, and site?
    Yeah if it was password protected like on the phone, that would be great. The password keeper on my BB is just perfect so something similar on the PB shouldn't be too difficult. Just something to remind me what the passwords are for a particular site, with the option of copy and pasting if possible.

Some of the password apps currently available in app world are quite difficult with too many features to use effectively.Or maybe I'm just slow! Haha
    08-21-11 12:36 PM
    Yeah if it was password protected like on the phone, that would be great. The password keeper on my BB is just perfect so something similar on the PB shouldn't be too difficult. Just something to remind me what the passwords are for a particular site, with the option of copy and pasting if possible.

Some of the password apps currently available in app world are quite difficult with too many features to use effectively.Or maybe I'm just slow! Haha
    I'll get to work then, sounds like a good idea to make a simple one. Ill post here when completed in a few days. What would an app like this be sold at reasonably?
    08-21-11 12:52 PM
    I'll get to work then, sounds like a good idea to make a simple one. Ill post here when completed in a few days. What would an app like this be sold at reasonably?
    Well since password keeper came free on my phone, I wouldn't pay loads for an app. �2/$2 at the max. Let me know how you get on and if you need a beta tester!
    08-21-11 01:18 PM
    Well since password keeper came free on my phone, I wouldn't pay loads for an app. �2/$2 at the max. Let me know how you get on and if you need a beta tester!
    Sounds good thanks
    08-21-11 01:32 PM
    Asked about this in another thread; Would love a Twitter web app launcher. Nothing fancy, but an app which simply allows me to use Twitter independent of the browser. Would make multitasking easier. A similar app already exists for wikipedia.
    unome12333 likes this.
    08-21-11 02:14 PM
    Asked about this in another thread; Would love a Twitter web app launcher. Nothing fancy, but an app which simply allows me to use Twitter independent of the browser. Would make multitasking easier. A similar app already exists for wikipedia.
    Programming it atm, keep an eye out for it in app world if RIM approves it.
    applejuice1 and pixieloulou like this.
    08-21-11 03:27 PM
    It has been submitted, it runs in its own window and uses the full screen, only option is to swipe down to go back so the screen remains uncluttered, it is really great! Keep an eye out for it
    08-22-11 01:30 AM
    It has been submitted, it runs in its own window and uses the full screen, only option is to swipe down to go back so the screen remains uncluttered, it is really great! Keep an eye out for it
    Awesome! Looking forward to it!
    08-22-11 10:01 AM
    Had a little naming issue, renamed and resubmitted, cross your fingers
    08-23-11 01:59 AM
    There is a web app "SecretServer" that stores passwords etc., and it has a BB app, so you can keep things synced between PB and BB. This is what I use.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    unome12333 likes this.
    08-23-11 06:50 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...rience-642166/

Please rate and support, thanks guys. I hope you enjoy it, it will be worth the 1$
    08-24-11 01:57 AM
    I have been dying for a pdf app for signing documents like easysignmobile for the ipad. It is really the only app that makes me turn to my ipad lately
    08-24-11 09:45 AM
    I'm curious to know what platform you would be programming this in since the current Webworks SDK still cannot save files locally.
    08-24-11 11:22 AM
    I'm curious to know what platform you would be programming this in since the current Webworks SDK still cannot save files locally.
    I have been programming in AS3 on their crappy air system. I really miss java ;(. I am having alot of problems though as I am not very fluent in AS3 using standard save and load commands makes it very difficult to do without the user's interaction. I do not know if I can complete it running the way you would all hope. :/ Sorry guys.
    08-24-11 01:28 PM
    I have been programming in AS3 on their crappy air system. I really miss java ;(. I am having alot of problems though as I am not very fluent in AS3 using standard save and load commands makes it very difficult to do without the user's interaction. I do not know if I can complete it running the way you would all hope. :/ Sorry guys.
    LOL. I was thinking the same thing. This would be a nice little challenge but when i looked into doing it with Webworks, it's more difficult than expected. Especially encrypting the information.

If i have some free time I still may give it a go though and see how good it comes out.
    08-24-11 01:55 PM
    Alright sounds good :P Good luck, you will need it.
    08-24-11 02:00 PM
    My first attempt at a password keeper for Playbook: Free My Password Vault - Download My Password Vault - Free Apps from BlackBerry App World
    09-07-11 09:28 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD