05-25-11 08:43 PM
35 12
tools
    After doing some testing I've found that these WILL in fact work. The movies/tv shows below are all MP4 and Playbook compatible. I DID NOT host these so please don't refer to me with issues regarding them.

I experienced the following issues in SOME cases:
    Download does not show under downloads BUT it does actually download and showed in my Videos tab a few hours later.

So, don't get discouraged, try downloading 1 and see if it actually downloaded (if it doesn't show under Downloads) or does show under downloads.
    I'll take requests and do my best to dig them out for you.

Pride And Glory - 652 Mb
    Download
    Enemy Of The State - 676 Mb
    Download
    Friday After Next - 414 Mb
    Download
    The Rocker - 480 Mb
    Download
    O Brother, Where Art Thou - 526
    Download
    Finding Nemo - 477
    Download
    The Kingdom - 565
    Download
    Office Space - 457
    Download
    The Legion - 490
    Download
    Bruno - 390
    Download

I Know They're Mega Upload But They WORK!

Here are the Tv Shows
    Too Many Links So I Organized Them Here:
    download-tv-shows | BlackBerry Playbook Revolution

Some of those you don't even have to download, you can just stream them.

Let me know if you have requests, I'll do my best.
    05-16-11 09:30 PM
    That's awesome man. It worked great. I love O Brother Where Art Thou.
    05-16-11 09:57 PM
    It's likely simpler to just download torrents from TPB and ISOHunt, avi containers work just fine on the Playbook.
    05-16-11 09:58 PM
    Are you saying that MegaVideo works on the PB?!?? =O That might be my deciding factor to buy it! =D

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-16-11 11:14 PM
    Nothing showed as downloading but after about 20 minutes the first download was sat in my downloads folder and was displayed when I loaded the video browser.
    05-17-11 01:17 AM
    I assume these arent in HD from looking at the file size?
    05-17-11 01:29 AM
    ive got alot of movies and anime in my harddrive (not the naughty ones either ), but my movies im having a problem getting the sizing right on my movies. the widescreen comes out annoyingly widescreen but the full screen comes out squashed. but my anime is all pre recorded avi's in full screen.
    i did try using your android converter and other then being ungodly slow it didn't work with my files.

btw just a help in one way.
    watch south park on your playbook
    watch house also fox has other shows but i only like house
    watch shows from cbs
    watch anime (not the naughty kind either)
    with good anime some of the players are glitchy but they are no better on the pc. if you click download at the top of your selection it will bring you to a sister website. if you want pay the ONE time $57 and you can download as many subbed avi's. they are good and fan subbed usually fans don't screw up like the major subbing companies do. also they are moving their download server to a bigger server so some are missing but they do update. it's not a ghost site.
    Last edited by drethos; 05-17-11 at 05:38 AM.
    05-17-11 05:30 AM
    Nice in principal. Not checked any of the tv shows out but for all the films I tried the voice is out of sync with the picture
    05-17-11 09:13 AM
    So I downloaded a few of the movies and shows from these links and they look kinda terrible, grainy and such. Besides the video that comes in the playbook this is the first experience I have had with adding my own movies etc. Why is it so grainy?
    05-17-11 09:36 AM
    Thanks for the info, I had no problem with the downloads. Voice to picture is normal, even though it not "HD" its still ok. Is there anyway to get HD?
    05-17-11 10:15 AM
    So I downloaded a few of the movies and shows from these links and they look kinda terrible, grainy and such. Besides the video that comes in the playbook this is the first experience I have had with adding my own movies etc. Why is it so grainy?

When it comes to movies you really have to sacrifice quality for size, especially with the playbook resolution being so big.
    Look at it this way, the video that comes preloaded is 200mb for only two minutes. Meaning, to add a movie of similar quality would cost you 13gb which would be all of your playbook memory basically, unless you have a 32/64 gb.
    And honestly, I can find movies any better if i tried, at least one part movies because many file hosts wont host anything better than 750mb to 1gb which, if the movies were converted to look better, they would exceed.
    If you want better quality i would suggest just adding your own dvds, but be warned it will cost you 4-8gb per movie.
    05-17-11 11:07 AM
    Thanks for the info, I had no problem with the downloads. Voice to picture is normal, even though it not "HD" its still ok. Is there anyway to get HD?
    Also refer to post above, also not very practical to host on the internet
    05-17-11 11:08 AM
    When it comes to movies you really have to sacrifice quality for size, especially with the playbook resolution being so big.
    Look at it this way, the video that comes preloaded is 200mb for only two minutes. Meaning, to add a movie of similar quality would cost you 13gb which would be all of your playbook memory basically, unless you have a 32/64 gb.
    And honestly, I can find movies any better if i tried, at least one part movies because many file hosts wont host anything better than 750mb to 1gb which, if the movies were converted to look better, they would exceed.
    If you want better quality i would suggest just adding your own dvds, but be warned it will cost you 4-8gb per movie.
    buhhh i have no quality issues and all mine are mp4 and many full length are either under 1gb or upto 2gb. i used hand brake because it faster, i like the que option. i ripped from dvd using dvdfab and converted the files using handbrake, i used the storm method. my sizing is off though but i gotta take the time and experiment with adjustments. that is baring the fact that i actually can adjust it to the point that i want. i also have movies ranging in age from the first indiana jones to inception. they play fine just mis sized.

on the animes use Anime Downloads Online, Free Anime Download, Manga Download & Drama Download , thats what goodanime.net directs you to its their sister site and i believe its still $37 one time. you can download right to your playbook but it takes a while. like i said the website isn't 100% working but rhat because they arw moving to a different higher capacity server.
    Last edited by drethos; 05-17-11 at 11:30 AM.
    05-17-11 11:16 AM
    Didnt say you cant do it with a smaller size, simply responded to her questioning why they dont look like the preloaded one, so i just used the size ratio there.
    I use the ipad setting on handbreak and use ffmpeg and 23fps with 21 quslity
    05-17-11 11:28 AM
    Didnt say you cant do it with a smaller size, simply responded to her questioning why they dont look like the preloaded one, so i just used the size ratio there.
    I use the ipad setting on handbreak and use ffmpeg and 23fps with 21 quslity
    i havent tried the ipad setting i was afraid jobs would appear on my screen after loading it and cause my playbook to catch fire.
    dogdaddy likes this.
    05-17-11 11:32 AM
    i havent tried the ipad setting i was afraid jobs would appear on my screen after loading it and cause my playbook to catch fire.
    Haha nah, it is only a preset for the 1024 resolution, just change it to fit the playbook (600 height). Should come up with around 2-3 gb movie files. If its too big trim the quality down. Honestly, ive had better experiemce with the free studio manager and just using the android tablet settings.
    05-17-11 12:39 PM
    @FTWrath, Can you please verify that MegaVid works on PB? Wasn't sure if that's what you meant by streaming

05-17-11 12:47 PM
    Have not tried megavid but a few of the tv shows link to stream/download sites.
    Yes, it does work. just tried it.
    05-17-11 12:59 PM
    Have not tried megavid but a few of the tv shows link to stream/download sites.
    Yes, it does work. just tried it.
    Thanks so much for trying it! I really appreciate it! You're tempting me in every way to go get a PB ASAP. =) ..now to figure out where to buy from...

05-17-11 06:23 PM
    Haha no problem bro. I got mine at Bestbuy. Always had good experiences with them.
    05-17-11 10:03 PM
    (<<is a "lady-bro")
    05-18-11 12:25 AM
    okydokie i just tried the ipad setting and no good. even though steve didn't appear, i get either a skinny image or letterbox. i tested both the stock ipad settings and 1024x600 custom settings. it defaults to display size 864xsome number i cant remember atm.
    on a side not i hate using a laptop. it feels so clunky using windows 7 even after the gitches i get with this. idk my laptop is always demanding i get something ike an anti virus or update this or pay for that this. atleast this when i wake up just lets me do what i want.
    Last edited by drethos; 05-18-11 at 05:53 AM.
    05-18-11 05:37 AM
    Question: Does the PB play mp4 videos? I tried testing an HD mp4 video that I have and it refuses to play it. I know it's good because it works fine on my computer.

I haven't tried another mp4 video to see if it is indeed that specific video. Thx.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    05-18-11 06:25 AM
    Awww sorryDee, didn't look at your name
    It will do that (letterbox) to keep the aspect ratio the same so as to not stretch it.
    There should be an option to turn off constrain proportions or something along the lines.
    I think its a drop down box and one of the options is lthat, stretch and then two more.
    But I would suggest using free studio manager with the android 1024 x 600 setting. I've had good luck with that.
    05-18-11 09:55 AM
    Question: Does the PB play mp4 videos? I tried testing an HD mp4 video that I have and it refuses to play it. I know it's good because it works fine on my computer.

I haven't tried another mp4 video to see if it is indeed that specific video. Thx.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Yes, it works with MP4s, BUT probably not with the encoding codec that was used for the video you were trying. HOWEVER if you use Desktop Manager to sync the video it MAY be able to convert it to a compatible codec for you.
    05-18-11 10:03 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD