Alkitabku-My Bible, digital Bible, is best Bible application for BlackBerry PlayBook. You can download from PlayBook AppWorld for $1.99 only.

User can download more than one Bible version for free and easily to switch between Bible version through the Settings.

Available Bible version:
    -King James Version,
    -American Standard Version,
    -World English Bible,
    -Dutch Statenvertaling,
    -German Luther Bible,
    -French Darby Bible,
    -French Louis Segond,
    -Bahasa Indonesia Terjemahan Baru,
    -Bahasa Indonesia Sehari-hari,
    -Spanish Modern,
    -Italian Bible,
    etc.

Recommended for you
    Last edited by daniellaeileen; 06-24-11 at 01:20 AM.
    05-13-11 12:24 AM
    Alkitabku - My Bible, digital Bible, is best Bible application for BlackBerry PlayBook. You can download from PlayBook AppWorld for $1.99 only.

User can download more than one Bible version for free and easily to switch between Bible version through the Settings.

Available Bible version:
    -King James Version,
    -World English Bible,
    -Dutch Statenvertaling,
    -German Luther Bible,
    -French Darby Bible,
    -French Louis Segond,
    -Spanish Modern,
    -Italian Bible,
    etc.

Recommended for you
    I purchased it per your recommendation. You said we could download other version, like KJV, but how? I don't see the option for it. Also, it seems the only way you go the verse is by going to the book first. So, if I want to read Psalm 119, I have to scroll 118 chapters first. I wouldn't bought it if I knew. I hope you can help explaining how I can download KJV. And, let me know and the rest of this forum readers if it is correct that the only way to get to Psalm119 is to go through all 118 chapters first.
    05-13-11 02:04 AM
    BTW the font can't be adjusted, and you can't zoom the screen. Unless you like reading small fonts, wait for Olive Tree to make the app for playbook, or until playbook can run android.
    05-13-11 02:13 AM
    this makes the third bible app that i know of on the appworld.

noneof themyet are user friendly.

we need tobe abletoopen our kb at any place and when we starttyping have it auto-sort to the matching books, then after selecting the book, show all the chapters in tappable boxes similar to the kb in portrait mode.
    05-13-11 02:15 AM
    this makes the third bible app that i know of on the appworld.

noneof themyet are user friendly.

we need tobe abletoopen our kb at any place and when we starttyping have it auto-sort to the matching books, then after selecting the book, show all the chapters in tappable boxes similar to the kb in portrait mode.
    Whats so weird is i was reading your post with no problems....are you using swipe?
    05-13-11 04:46 AM
    by far the best... i like the fact that u downloaded the content of your choice of bible version into the app so u can open it anytime u want with no network connection needed....
    05-13-11 09:02 AM
    Whats so weird is i was reading your post with no problems....are you using swipe?
    no. no swype on the pb yet.

when you see my messages like that, then it is from my pb. i never have liked software kb's. if i tried to correct all the mistakes with that capacitive screen, i would proly get so frustrated and throw it away!

i dont have those same issues on my n900's kb.

but...glad you can understand it.
    05-13-11 11:27 AM
    by far the best... i like the fact that u downloaded the content of your choice of bible version into the app so u can open it anytime u want with no network connection needed....
    Are you referring to the app OP recommended? If so, tell us how do you download your choice of Bible version on that app! There is no setting, there is no menu, it's nothing on that app. I highly don't recommend it!
    05-13-11 11:54 AM
    Are you referring to the app OP recommended? If so, tell us how do you download your choice of Bible version on that app! There is no setting, there is no menu, it's nothing on that app. I highly don't recommend it!
    top left corner u should see a home icon thatll take u to home screen where youll find setting option also if u click on top where it shows the name of the book u currently reading itll drop down to show lists off all the other books, chapters n verses....
    05-13-11 06:46 PM
    Alkitabku - My Bible, digital Bible, is best Bible application for BlackBerry PlayBook. You can download from PlayBook AppWorld for $1.99 only.

Available Bible version:
    -King James Version,
    -World English Bible,
    -Dutch Statenvertaling,
    -German Luther Bible,
    -French Darby Bible,
    -French Louis Segond,
    -Spanish Modern,
    -Italian Bible,
    etc.

Recommended for you
    Thanks! This Bible reader will do fine until OliveTree or similar is available. Supposedly OliveTree's Android edition is to work on Playbook when the Android capability is added. Time will tell. But for now, this is one one of the best out there. I've tried Bibles in Kobo's app, but their functionality is limited, and in most cases rather cumbersome when trying to go to a chapter and verse. too many screen scrolls.
    05-13-11 07:23 PM
    Thanks! This Bible reader will do fine until OliveTree or similar is available. Supposedly OliveTree's Android edition is to work on Playbook when the Android capability is added. Time will tell. But for now, this is one one of the best out there. I've tried Bibles in Kobo's app, but their functionality is limited, and in most cases rather cumbersome when trying to go to a chapter and verse. too many screen scrolls.
    i emailed olivetree:

Thank you for your suggestion!

Since the BlackBerry Playbook uses an entirely new programming language, we don't yet have anything that runs on that device. It would be some time before development to the degree that the iPad BR app has could be begun.
    However, with the BlackBerry's assurance of support for Android 2.3.3 apps in an upcoming update, we're hopeful that our Android App (which is one of the prime focuses of our development team) will work on that device once the update is released. we are testing our Android App on multiple form factors, including several phones and tablets (including Android 2.3 and 3.0).
    Please try the Android BibleReader app once BlackBerry releases that update, and be sure to let us know how it works for you.

Thanks,
    Phillip S
    05-13-11 10:12 PM
    I purchased it per your recommendation. You said we could download other version, like KJV, but how? I don't see the option for it. Also, it seems the only way you go the verse is by going to the book first. So, if I want to read Psalm 119, I have to scroll 118 chapters first. I wouldn't bought it if I knew. I hope you can help explaining how I can download KJV. And, let me know and the rest of this forum readers if it is correct that the only way to get to Psalm119 is to go through all 118 chapters first.
    Go to Settings again, Change the Bible version and download more...
    05-13-11 11:29 PM
    Go to Settings again, Change the Bible version and download more...
    There is no setting or menu on this app. How do you get to the menu? It doesn't matter what,where, or how you swipe, I can't get the menu. Can you post screen print? That might help.
    05-14-11 02:28 AM
    top left corner u should see a home icon thatll take u to home screen where youll find setting option also if u click on top where it shows the name of the book u currently reading itll drop down to show lists off all the other books, chapters n verses....
    There is no home icon on the top left corner. I sometimes wonder if we are talking about the same app. The whole left column, from top to bottom, has the list of all the books in the Bible. I just got a new playbook as my first one's charger is no longer working. I try again to see if I miss anything, and I just can't see what you see.
    05-14-11 02:37 AM

there you are man ... now lets see some of your screen shots so maybe we can direct you better on where to go ...
    05-14-11 09:42 AM
    there you are man ... now lets see some of your screen shots so maybe we can direct you better on where to go ...
    The one I download from App World is MyBible. No, it doesn't have like what you have. Is yours called Digital Bible or MyBible? I can install it again for the third time & get you the screen shot when I get home, but I don't think we are talking about the same app. Thank you for the screen shot.
    05-14-11 01:37 PM
    I just look again on the app world, and I sorry the app I bought is My Bible, while yours is Alkitabku - My Bible. I apologize for mistakenly thought it was My Bible. Is yours also available in app world for playbook? There are only a few available for playbook, but I can't see it now as I don't have the playbook (I just look it from my laptop now).
    05-14-11 01:47 PM
    I just look again on the app world, and I sorry the app I bought is My Bible, while yours is Alkitabku - My Bible. I apologize for mistakenly thought it was My Bible. Is yours also available in app world for playbook? There are only a few available for playbook, but I can't see it now as I don't have the playbook (I just look it from my laptop now).
    no worries .. yes my bible-alkitabku is available in appworld n i believe thats what the op is talkin about
    daniellaeileen likes this.
    05-14-11 02:19 PM
    i emailed olivetree:
    Did the same, and got a response back just like yours. Let's see what happens in the days ahead.
    05-14-11 05:58 PM
    does this have ESV?
    05-15-11 03:46 PM
    I'd like to see Accordance Software and Logos Software for the Playbook. I have friends who use these on their Ipads and they love it.
    05-16-11 12:55 PM
    YouVersion is what I'm waiting for.. I'm certainly going to be asking them to consider redistributing their Android version in a format that works well on the Playbook this summer when the Android player is here. Their app on BB is really nice..

If you guys haven't checked it out, go to YouVersion.com. Their website version even works pretty well on the PB also, although no offline reading, of course.. You can also use their mobile version at m.youversion.com. It will let you search directly for a particular verse, it has about 20+ translations to pick from, it lets you set bookmarks..

It even has some nice options for sharing with Facebook and Twitter and for looking up live events in your area (using the browser location functionality. Our church uses that option to post sermon notes in the system every Sunday morning. Very handy!
    Last edited by Mojoski; 05-16-11 at 01:35 PM. Reason: added a bit more info
    05-16-11 01:33 PM

Available Bible version:
    -King James Version,
    -World English Bible,
    -Dutch Statenvertaling,
    -German Luther Bible,
    -French Darby Bible,
    -French Louis Segond,
    -Spanish Modern,
    -Italian Bible,
    etc.

Recommended for you
    I can't seem to find it in AppWorld. What category is it in?
    05-16-11 01:55 PM
    YouVersion is what I'm waiting for.. I'm certainly going to be asking them to consider redistributing their Android version in a format that works well on the Playbook this summer when the Android player is here. Their app on BB is really nice..
    This is their plan. I emailed them this morning to see if a PlayBook version is in the works, and they said their developers are "hard at work" on it, but they're waiting on Andriod app support. I'm guessing they'll just sign the Android app and go that route. I suppose there's no point in recreating the wheel.
    05-17-11 02:04 PM
    If I don't make mistake, it should be in references & ebooks, religion.
    FYI, this app just upgrade to the new version.
    In this release, there is swipe down menu in every section (inside Bible, history, search, bookmark). Auto orientation in portrait or landscape mode. Configurable font type and size. And added more features.
    05-27-11 12:08 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD