My primary email is through my private domain and I download it to Outlook on PC and on my 9930. The CB blog on setting up email for an Outlook account for BES said that if you have a private domain, you'll need to go through a web-based email like gmail (not for me); Microsoft Office 365 was suggested as an alternative in the comments to that blog. Has anyone done this yet - can someone post instructions for syncing Outlook through Microsoft Office 365 to set up OS2 email/calendar/contacts? It seems like the most secure solution. Also, with SharePlus on the PlayBook, and Office 365 offering online Office 2010 apps for creating and editing docs, and being able to download and edit docs on the PlayBook with Docs to Go, the email piece might be what finally gets me to commit to Office 365. I've been kind of considering a PlayBook/Office 365 environment for a few months and I've been playing with an Office 365 account that I set up, but putting all the pieces together has been daunting. Also, how will this setup interact with the same apps on the 9930? Sincere thanks for any help.
    02-23-12 09:42 AM
    I just converted to Exchange/365 last night. So far it seems awesome. I reduced my .pst file down to about 444 meg before syncing it to the cloud (took about 3 hours on 1 meg upload speed).
    I was typing an email to some people, went to get something from the kitchen, the phone rang, and when I got back to my laptop I glanced over at the PB and there was the draft with a green icon! I could have finished the email on the PB without missing a beat.
    The CRM at the office can sync with Outlook as well, so those tasks show up on the PB calendar app and Outlook calendar.
    Setting up the PB was fairly simle. Just need the usual email address/password, and the server address.
    Works a treat!
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    02-23-12 01:23 PM
    I just converted to Exchange/365 last night. So far it seems awesome. I reduced my .pst file down to about 444 meg before syncing it to the cloud (took about 3 hours on 1 meg upload speed).
    I was typing an email to some people, went to get something from the kitchen, the phone rang, and when I got back to my laptop I glanced over at the PB and there was the draft with a green icon! I could have finished the email on the PB without missing a beat.
    The CRM at the office can sync with Outlook as well, so those tasks show up on the PB calendar app and Outlook calendar.
    Setting up the PB was fairly simle. Just need the usual email address/password, and the server address.
    Works a treat!
    Thank you! I'll give it a go tonight and hope for your results.
    02-23-12 01:55 PM
    If you want to setup your Blackberry Playbook to receive / sync email contacts and calendar with your Microsoft Office 365 email service just follow these simple instructions. Blackberry Playbook Office 365 Exchange Mail Configuration OS2. Update your Playbook to OS 2. OS 1 will NOT sync with office 365 unless you have it tethered to your Blackberry. This problem is gone with OS 2 which was released February 21 2012.

microsoft office 365

microsoft office 365 partner
    04-10-12 03:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD