I mean c'mon..Its been over six months and the app collection in app world puts the word.pathetic to shame. Seriously wtf...RIM. I thought fart apps were bad, but the app collection in appworld is beyond incomprenensably insanely bad.
    Its enough that you have to hear the fan babies crying at anything, but if there is whatever remote chance of this tanlet survivng RIM needs to bribe, pay or do something so that people make apps for this tablet or else whoever said this is th herpes of tablet won't be that far off.
    Its pathetic and frankly shameful that that the playbook is worth less than a dead hp tablet, and true it does less than half of what a decent ios or android tanlet will do, bjt atleast its not Oficially dead, and RIM needs to pull up.their head and make it happen.
    12-01-11 05:22 PM
    I'm having a hard time finding a few apps that I had on my Android.

Period Tracker. I have tried 2 paid and one free and they aren't very good. The free one on my Android was amazing.

Trip Advisor and Orbitz. Loved these on Android.
    12-01-11 05:31 PM
    I agree, if they could just get rid of all the books, or put a book section in that would be a good start.

However, more and more people are buying it now due to the sales, so hopefully that will continue to spark developers to porting and making some great apps.
    12-01-11 06:24 PM
    I was disappointed to find that (non-phone-specific) apps that are currently available in App World for my BB phone are not available for my PlayBook.
    12-01-11 06:29 PM
    I totally agree with the OP.

I was one of the first ones to buy this thing during the Telus TWS sales. My rebate is on its way through snail mail(FINALLY!)

I orginially purchased this thinking this would be a perfect size to be used as my PIM, as spec wise it was prob the best out there. But once I started to use it, the useless apps in App World made me really angry

So next I tried the Android method. A good lesson for me as I learned quite a bit in trying to convert android apps to be used on the playbook. But the fun was short lived as I found many apps would not convert or if they convert would not work properly. Guess what, there is a reason for this: it was made for android, not for the playbook!!

All I really wanted was a calendar app that would sync with my google calendar, I don't think thats too much to ask for now is it? I own an iphone and not a blackberry, so bridging is not a choice for me. I really loved the iphone and would have gotten an ipad if not for its size.

I really wished RIM would give us something of use for the playbook instead of this "cat and mouse" game. Com'on already!!!
    12-01-11 06:46 PM
    EA games? Gameloft games? I think those are worth downloading (unless you are not a gamer).

Some of the Polar Mobile apps are quite good. Blaq's a pretty good twitter client. Evernote's there, Groupon's fairly good. I live in Canada, so all of the newspaper apps like Vancouver Sun and National Post are great.

Hopefully the spike in ownership + android app support will increase the # of apps available.
    Michelle Haag and KermEd like this.
    12-01-11 06:48 PM
    OK you could find absolutely nothing in there. Yes I buy that one
    KermEd likes this.
    12-01-11 06:49 PM
    I'm having a hard time finding a few apps that I had on my Android.

Period Tracker. I have tried 2 paid and one free and they aren't very good. The free one on my Android was amazing.

Trip Advisor and Orbitz. Loved these on Android.
    Maybe this isn't the same thing?

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...racker?lang=en

Can't trip advisor and orbitz be done in the browser? Unless an app does much more I don't know.
    Last edited by kbz1960; 12-01-11 at 07:02 PM. Reason: add app
    rjshahan and JR A like this.
    12-01-11 07:01 PM
    Agreed. App World is a JOKE.
    12-01-11 07:20 PM
    Might be helpful if you would post what app your looking for instead of just saying it sucks.

But then again according to the majority if there isn't netflix skype and hulu it's a joke anyway.
    ScoobsDM likes this.
    12-01-11 07:25 PM
    OK you could find absolutely nothing in there. Yes I buy that one
    I agree...some major drama in this thread. There is a long way to go but I would argue they have gone further than iphone or android did in their first 8 months.
    KermEd and RoboticGolem like this.
    12-01-11 07:26 PM
    and of course, we can blame RIM, since RIM clearly writes the apps :P
    KermEd likes this.
    12-01-11 07:51 PM
    First i was like :-O
    Then, i lolled.

I have a friend who (and he is 100% serious) judges a platform by its ability to play angry birds :-|

I don't even argue with him about it...
    12-01-11 08:04 PM
    I have my playbook since june, and so far I have found all the apps that I have looked for...I guess this depends on the use that you give to your PB. Oh... and just in case I have over 30 apps installed
    KermEd likes this.
    12-01-11 08:15 PM
    More people who miss-typed Android or iPad at the online staples store.

I mean really, you buy a PB and wonder why it doesnt have your Android apps on it? Uhm... I can't believe I need to say its not the same operating system or demographic. But ironically RIM *is* going to make that happen.

So really - does your Android run BB or PB applications? Are you complaining on their community run forums? I own all major tablets. PBhas the majority of my app sales for a reason.

Also my applist says 160 under about that I bought for use. In fact I have a blog post with 10 must have items on www.filearchivehaven.com. Hardly 'none' but yes, there are less fart apps.
    Last edited by KermEd; 12-01-11 at 11:29 PM.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-01-11 11:27 PM
    There are many great apps in App World, but I agree, there's a touch too many books showing-up in "Newest".

With the apps we have now the pb is a great useful device but it's true we need more 'wow' apps :roll eyes: ...and it seems logical this will come as we get closer to Feb-Day
    12-01-11 11:42 PM
    While I do agree, part of it is based on User Demand so ask your devs of apps to make em. I feel like we will be pleasantly surprised come 2.0. Until then we just need to suck it up.

And I got my playbook in may
    12-02-11 12:56 AM
    and of course, we can blame RIM, since RIM clearly writes the apps :P
    no but RIM makes the tools (sdk/ndk) that let allow apps to be made. Without the proper tools, its hard to make great apps.

More people who miss-typed Android or iPad at the online staples store.

I mean really, you buy a PB and wonder why it doesnt have your Android apps on it? Uhm... I can't believe I need to say its not the same operating system or demographic. But ironically RIM *is* going to make that happen.

So really - does your Android run BB or PB applications? Are you complaining on their community run forums? I own all major tablets. PBhas the majority of my app sales for a reason.

Also my applist says 160 under about that I bought for use. In fact I have a blog post with 10 must have items on File Archive Haven. Hardly 'none' but yes, there are less fart apps.
    Its not Android or iPad apps people want. its apps. Amazon makes a Kindle app for iOS & Android. People dont want the iOS or android app, they want the Kindle app. That goes for most major titles.

I dont see why you can fault people for wanting more apps/games? How is that wrong? And Yes, people ask for iOS apps to be ported to Android and vice versa.

Now ******** about it is stupid for sure. But I see no harm in asking for more games & apps and asking RIM to give the Devs the tools to make em.
    bigzdog likes this.
    12-02-11 06:01 AM
    App World provides all the apps I need. With the Playbook Fire sale going on, expect more apps in the near future. No complaints here.
    12-02-11 07:30 AM
    It was my understanding that the "tools" needed to make apps for the PB are just as easy(if not easier) to use then those for the iproducts and various androids. Least that's what I've read on this site from a few developers. As more and more people purchase the PB, I think you'll see more and more of the same titles available on other platforms available on the PB and BBX in the future.

Developers go where the money is firstly, not where its easiest to develop for, and its painfully obvious that android and iproducts have the majority of users.
    12-02-11 07:33 AM
    no but RIM makes the tools (sdk/ndk) that let allow apps to be made. Without the proper tools, its hard to make great apps.

Its not Android or iPad apps people want. its apps. Amazon makes a Kindle app for iOS & Android. People dont want the iOS or android app, they want the Kindle app. That goes for most major titles.

I dont see why you can fault people for wanting more apps/games? How is that wrong? And Yes, people ask for iOS apps to be ported to Android and vice versa.

Now ******** about it is stupid for sure. But I see no harm in asking for more games & apps and asking RIM to give the Devs the tools to make em.
    All true. I guess what people don't understand is that iOS and android have been around a lot longer then then RIM's version of QNX/BBX which had no iPod to draw from or earlier versions of the OS.

How long after launch of the iPhone did it take to get a netflix etc. app? How long did it take android to get a netflix app? When those OS's were new how long did it take them to the tools out for developers?

Of course when this is pointed out people say so what. Meh
    12-02-11 07:51 AM
    It was my understanding that the "tools" needed to make apps for the PB are just as easy(if not easier) to use then those for the iproducts and various androids. Least that's what I've read on this site from a few developers. As more and more people purchase the PB, I think you'll see more and more of the same titles available on other platforms available on the PB and BBX in the future.

Developers go where the money is firstly, not where its easiest to develop for, and its painfully obvious that android and iproducts have the majority of users.
    I'd love to hear from Devs on this. Just for example, the Whats up app. Excellent app. But it says right in the description,
    Unfortunately, augmented reality features must wait until RIM� gives me a way to access the device's magnetic compass
    . Its stuff like that that can discourage Devs.

If we're to believe RIM, I think they said at DevCon that BB devs make more money then Devs any other platform.

You gotta ask, why havent you seen the major releases? Apps already mentioned? Kindle, Angry birds, etc?
    12-02-11 07:53 AM
    All true. I guess what people don't understand is that iOS and android have been around a lot longer then then RIM's version of QNX/BBX which had no iPod to draw from or earlier versions of the OS.

How long after launch of the iPhone did it take to get a netflix etc. app? How long did it take android to get a netflix app? When those OS's were new how long did it take them to the tools out for developers?

Of course when this is pointed out people say so what. Meh
    Yup, great point. BBX is in its infancy. We need to give it time for sure. Thats why I said ******** about it stupid.

eidt...Personally I think both Apple and Google have done a better job of making the tools available to Developers then RIM has.
    Last edited by Roscopcoletrain; 12-02-11 at 08:00 AM.
    12-02-11 07:57 AM
    Didn't they just release new "tools" to devs at devcon? I'm not a app developer so I really don't know, only what I have read here on CB.
    12-02-11 07:57 AM
    IMO, I believe a good majority of devs are waiting/holding to see what BBX offers. With the announcement about FLASH mobile, I think that dampened the things too. Devs go to where the people are, and in the US it's not blackberry. Increase market share, increase devs, increase apps, thats the ecosystem of mobile devices/tablets/even consoles.
    12-02-11 08:27 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD