08-20-12 03:47 PM
33 12
tools
    I don't like Skype very much. its glitchy and just not consistent, or very consistent @ being glitchy. Anyways... I work internationally, various family members live in different countries. Until something better comes along, I'm stuck with it. So here's to hoping that it is developed for BB10.
    08-20-12 10:32 AM
    Hmm, I heard many say that Skype is already in the pipeline for BB. Netflix, however, is not. There are still no official evidence but sounds pretty solid.(?)
    08-20-12 10:32 AM
    question: Why does everyone want Skype so badly?
    answer: cross platform video chat

I don't care about Skype in particular. Any readily available cross-platform video chat would do the trick for me, but all the people I know with iPads only know about Skype.
    08-20-12 10:50 AM
    Only reason I want it is to help the success of bb10. Average consumers just want to know its there before they make the purchase. They don't want what's considered an inferior product and Skype is one of those apps people ask for whether they use it or not.
    08-20-12 11:19 AM
    I had Skype on my Mac Book and never used it. I could have it on my iPod touch, but don't. And I just got a new Retina Mac Book Pro and haven't downloaded it. I use iMessage on my computer, and occasionally facetime. I guess if Skype is a big deal to you, just about every other tablet has it...

The one thing that was dumb though, is the way RIM had the Skype logo on the PlayBook's box in a promo image, and never offered it.
    08-20-12 02:09 PM
    Its a basic feature these days. Why wouldn't you want to be able to video chat with ANYbody?

Any device that has dual cameras should be able to Skye IMO, especially in 2012.
    08-20-12 02:29 PM
    Its a basic feature these days. Why wouldn't you want to be able to video chat with ANYbody?

Any device that has dual cameras should be able to Skye IMO, especially in 2012.
    That very simply explains it. Useless/Useful - folks simply want it and rim can't satisfy that requirement.
    08-20-12 03:37 PM
    Find it interesting that so many posts indicate that they have Slype in use already. on other devices.. so why is a big deal to have it on the Playbook.... Could understand all the commotion if Skype was only available on just tablets and the Playbook did not have it..... but of course it is available on numerous platforms........sounds ot me more of a case that because we do not have it... we want it... as we feel left out.... Wonder if Skype does show up on BB.... what other must have app is not available?????
    Haven't you answered your own question? People like to use their playbooks and don't want to carry another device for one function - it's not rocket science.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    08-20-12 03:47 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD