hi,
    is it possible to send a file like photos or mp3 from a mobile to playbook? if yes can you tell me how? sorry new playbook user here..TIA
    09-10-11 05:13 PM
    hi,
    is it possible to send a file like photos or mp3 from a mobile to playbook? if yes can you tell me how? sorry new playbook user here..TIA
    Can't use Bluetooth send/receive because PlayBook does not support required profiles. Photos can be transferred via BB Bridge using a third party app such as Air Browser. This method is not practical for mp3 files due to the size - transfer can take forever. Only practical method to transfer large files is to use usb/wifi file sharing - copy files to PC then transfer to PB.
    09-10-11 05:37 PM
    Alternatively, use a cloud service such as DropBox or Box as an intermediary storage facility and then download the desired content to the tablet. However, there are file size limitations with these free services unless you handover cash for larger file transfers.
    09-10-11 06:24 PM
    What about the app "wifi file transfer"? I use it to send music back and foorth from my pc to my blackberry all the time. I assume the PlayBook can probably navigate to the generated IP address from the app and possibly download the files? Just speculation due to the fact that I don't have a PlayBook.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-10-11 06:35 PM
    What about the app "wifi file transfer"? I use it to send music back and foorth from my pc to my blackberry all the time. I assume the PlayBook can probably navigate to the generated IP address from the app and possibly download the files? Just speculation due to the fact that I don't have a PlayBook.

Is "wifi file transfer" a bb phone app?
    09-10-11 07:52 PM
    Is "wifi file transfer" a bb phone app?

Yes. When you open it on your BB it gives you an IP address to type into a web browser on a computer. When you do that you have access to the BB file system from your computer and can download any file you have on your BB. You can also upload files to your BB the same way. I am wondering if maybe this can work through the web browser on the PlayBook the same way?

Just a thought ...

09-10-11 08:05 PM
    When native SDK is officially released there will be a plethora of wifi transfer apps.
    I've already got one (Dukto) that simply needs a pretty user interface. Works on Windows/Mac/Linux/Symbian/Meego and potentially Playbook/Android/iOS.
    09-10-11 08:25 PM
    Holy crap!

I just purchased Wifi transfer.

I opened the Browser on my PB, used the ip address for my 9650/Bold and it opened the directory. I then haphazardly navigated to my music folder on my bb's sd card and am now playing a track from Vivaldi's Four Seasons on my PB.

One thing, I am having trouble scrolling around the screen to look at the full listings and when pinched/zoomed I can't seem to move left/right.
    09-11-11 12:38 PM
    I really want to be able to snap a picture with my phone camera and automatically beam it to my Playbook for display. Here's hoping something like this will be available in a future upgrade... [I absolutely REFUSE to mention OS2 or any possible target date...]
    09-11-11 01:42 PM
    I really want to be able to snap a picture with my phone camera and automatically beam it to my Playbook for display. Here's hoping something like this will be available in a future upgrade... [I absolutely REFUSE to mention OS2 or any possible target date...]
    But you just did!
    09-11-11 02:00 PM
    Holy crap!

I just purchased Wifi transfer.

I opened the Browser on my PB, used the ip address for my 9650/Bold and it opened the directory. I then haphazardly navigated to my music folder on my bb's sd card and am now playing a track from Vivaldi's Four Seasons on my PB.

One thing, I am having trouble scrolling around the screen to look at the full listings and when pinched/zoomed I can't seem to move left/right.

Glad to hear this (mostly) works! Its a very useful app and good to know when I get my PlayBook eventually it will be working on that too.

09-11-11 02:20 PM
    Glad to hear this (mostly) works! Its a very useful app and good to know when I get my PlayBook eventually it will be working on that too.

After being somewhat spoiled by Wifi-sharing between the computer and pb, I would pick up the BB phone to grab a photo I took and either have to connect the usb cable or navigate the the Media Player, explore or pictures app and engage Bluetooth and receive bt on my computer. This will make it easier for sure. Although, frankly, emailing a picture from the bb phone is much easier than from the pb (you cannot email from the picture app and when trying to attach a photo to an email, you have to sort through ALL photos on the pb which is 1,000's in my case).

And while I do have to charge my bb phone I mostly use a dedicated charger and not usb.

The pb-bb connection is a plus. I will have to experiment to see if scrolling/zooming can be tweaked.
    09-11-11 02:57 PM
    unless im missing something, this is already available natively. open the app bridge files on the playbook, open the camera folder, take a pic on your bb and just clic on the new pic on the bridge app.
    09-11-11 10:16 PM
    Im sure theres a market for a simple app that lets you upload a file with no bull****, and send a download link.iPhone 5 Release Date
    09-13-11 02:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD