I have a security camera system at home that has the capability of web monitoring. I know there are several monitoring apps for web cams for BB phones. Does anyone know of one for the Playbook?
    01-06-12 03:47 PM
    Im looking for this as well!
    01-06-12 06:03 PM
    try orb, i use it to access my media drive, and will also log into my computers web cam
    01-06-12 07:22 PM
    I thought you your able to view your cameras via web, why would you need app. Whats the difference?

Regards,
    01-06-12 09:55 PM
    Private Eye works fairly well. Except I thought I would be able to view the link through my BB 9810 to monitor my bird while I'm at work. Apparently there must be a conflict with the OS 7. Seems to work ok if I view it from my email on the PB, but that defeats the purpose, and cant drag a laptop around at work. Would love to find something that I can use to my phone while I'm at work.

...edit.. Just sent the link to my daughters htc inspire and it works just fine. Ahhhh, yet another fail from RIM I guess.
    Last edited by Tom9810; 01-07-12 at 08:16 AM.
    01-07-12 07:39 AM
    Camera viewer apps usually involve a browser plugin, activex, or Java. As far as I know, none of these are compatible with the PB browser.

Last time I checked there was one IP camera viewer on AppWorld and the reviews were terrible.

If anybody has any input on this it would be great. I work with IP cameras for a living and would love to know (Remontech).

Thanks!
    01-07-12 01:31 PM
    Could you leave your home PC looking at the camera and use VNC to access the home PC?
    01-07-12 03:06 PM
    I use a custom html page with BlueIris and it feeds all my cameras to my BB handsets (OS5-7) and my PlayBook perfectly. Looked around for a good app, couldn't find one, so it was easier to just whip up a nice HTML page for pretty much any device out there.

If anyone here uses BlueIris I would be happy to share my HTML file with them.
    01-07-12 03:16 PM
    Ip Cam Viewer by NibblesnBits works great on my Ipod touch. I see it is offered in Blackberry Appworld now. I am using a Mobotix M22 and a cheapo Foscam. The developer actively adds improvents as well, which is always nice to see.
    01-07-12 03:57 PM
    HaTax I have 4 cameras connected to a DVR that I can access through the internet via any computer with IE but uses an activeX plugin so no good via playbook or Torch.
    Do you know if each camera is accesible seperately via your html page, ie do they all have their own address?
    If not any idea's
    JP
    01-12-12 07:42 AM
    Can you view the cameras on your computer? I would think that Slashtop would work?
    01-12-12 10:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD