For the loyal folks that have been standing by me with Secure Browser,

I thought I would share out this little teaser as I sent the BB10 Beta out to some folks today for testing.

Attached Thumbnails Secure Browser 3.x - BB10-img_00000034.jpg   Secure Browser 3.x - BB10-img_00000036.jpg  
    Rjinswand, SifJar, bitek and 1 others like this.
    01-09-13 11:06 PM
    As a full disclaimer, I did purchase a whole bunch of icon sets from artists to build the new themes. So hopefully people like them more (they feel a whole heck of a lot better at least!)
    Rjinswand likes this.
    01-09-13 11:08 PM
    awesome! thank you for the heads up. sounds like good things to come!
    01-09-13 11:38 PM
    looks good!
    01-09-13 11:40 PM
    Looks awesome ! Can't wait to try it out
    01-10-13 01:15 AM
    As a full disclaimer, I did purchase a whole bunch of icon sets from artists to build the new themes. So hopefully people like them more (they feel a whole heck of a lot better at least!)
    Those themes look great. The icon labeling is inconsistent, though (search/find, go/stop).
    Especially with smartphone browsers, I like the icon bar being placed on the bottom of the screen better than on the top. Would it be difficult to implement an option for choosing this?
    01-10-13 01:38 AM
    Looks great and it will be one of my first purchases.
    01-10-13 04:08 AM
    Looks good, particularly like the theme in the first screenshot. Are there many new features?
    01-10-13 04:51 AM
    It looks really good! Can't wait to get my hands on Z10 and also BB10 update on my PlayBook to use all these awesome apps.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    01-10-13 11:26 AM
    Features:
    • There are a few new features, some of them are sitting in a disabled state until I have some feedback from the beta testers. I'll leave these as surprises

Themes:
    • It has 3 new themes, all themes were rebuilt using 110x110 vector images (up from 35x35 on the PlayBook)
    • More items skinned than before
    • Rebuilt the IconButton class to use allow icons to take up the full button space (looks a lot better!)

Notes:
    • ~ 3500 lines of code changed to-date
    • There are a couple of problems with RIM's Gold SDK that I'm concerned about - some of them wont be fixed until the next gold pack. This means, I haven't decided if I will put it up for sale.. make it free until the bugs are fixed... or only make the update available to current customers.
    • Context Menu - Open in New Tab does not work (they broke the event). Waiting on RIM to find out if there is a work around.
    • Context Menu - It is just ugly (they have _'s instead of spaces between words). So download_file shows instead of Download File. Missing icons and icons can't be assigned to it.
    • Context Menu - Bookmark button doesnt do anything
    • Context Menu - Can't enable or disable most of the individual entries, which means no real control over it yet...
    • Applying a Skin to a Text Input(URL BAR) stops the TextInput from accepting a new format. Which means I cant do a black URL bar with white text

Note: I think they "forgot" to finish the QNXStageWebView context menu which is why the events from it don't work

I have about 5 pages of items on my "wish list" of things to add. Including a button to toggle the bar from top to bottom. I don't think its significant work, I'll see if I can add it. The biggest risk is just the browser space (it looks for the bottom of the URL bar to position itself). But not that critical.

Working through my other 20 odd apps to get em all BB10 ready

Ed
    01-10-13 11:56 AM
    I had time to get your feature request in. You can toggle the bar from top to bottom now . And sent the official build into appworld.

Ed

Sent from my BlackBerry Veedu using Tapatalk 3
    01-29-13 08:33 PM
    I had time to get your feature request in. You can toggle the bar from top to bottom now . And sent the official build into appworld.

Ed

well, nice to hear that activity continues. do you thi k we will need a memory eater for bb10?
    Last edited by F2; 01-30-13 at 10:57 AM.
    01-29-13 11:49 PM
    is it going to be available for pb as well?

Sent from Blackberry Playbook using TapaTalk 2
    01-30-13 07:08 AM
    is it going to be available for pb as well?

Sent from Blackberry Playbook using TapaTalk 2
    Seeing as PB is getting a BB10 update, yes.
    01-30-13 08:30 AM
    PB version on backorder cuz of screen difference but its on the list

For memory eater - yeah. I use it *all* the time for BB10 on my dev alpha. Android apps really like to throw it for a loop.

01-30-13 01:55 PM
    i just loaded secure browser on my z10. the app is extremely slow and it does not really work well at all. it is weird because few good apps from playbook do not work well at all on bb10.
    wes45 likes this.
    02-14-13 12:43 PM
    That's interesting because they have not approved SB for BB10 yet.
    Edit: afaik, I'm in el salvador with not much internet access

Edit 2: Awesome, looks like it was approved but they didn't tell me .

I haven't had the pleasure of testing it on a z10 - it took a lot of work to get it running decent for the Dev Alpha. But once RIM sends me the Z10s, I can send an update to do what I can . I got a bunch of high priority bugs logged to RIM that they seem to be ignorning atm.

Sent from my BlackBerry S10 using Tapatalk Touch Beta
    Last edited by KermEd; 02-17-13 at 10:32 PM.
    02-17-13 09:33 AM
    That's interesting because they have not approved SB for BB10 yet.
    Edit: afaik, I'm in el salvador with not much internet access

Edit 2: Awesome, looks like it was approved but they didn't tell me .

I haven't had the pleasure of testing it on a z10 - it took a lot of work to get it running decent for the Dev Alpha. But once RIM sends me the Z10s, I can send an update to do what I can . I got a bunch of high priority bugs logged to RIM that they seem to be ignorning atm.

Hi is it possible that you add option to add own useragent?

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    02-18-13 12:01 PM
    Easy peasy and if u have 1 in mind I can add as a preset too

jamesharmeling likes this.
    02-18-13 01:14 PM
    Easy peasy and if u have 1 in mind I can add as a preset too

the thing is that at this point I do not know which preset I need. I know it is opera but not one that you added. finally is it possible for internet address:to be highlighted entirely ? so I can put new address in it. I remember you said there some limittations on playbook that made this hard to do for you ? is this the same for z10.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    02-19-13 05:47 AM
    Good question - right now I'm happily out of the country on vacation ( so no pc! ).

I have to re-investigate but they did a whole ton of stuff for highlighting and such. I bet I can get it working now . I started cleaning the code too so hopefully we can get the browser speed up! For now, if you hit that little X it'll clear the URL for ya.

Time permitting, I'd love to do a full rewrite of SB - see if we can't make it a lot better underneath.

Re Opera: no worries - ill add a custom box for now

Sent from my BlackBerry S10.1 using Tapatalk Touch Beta
    bitek likes this.
    02-19-13 12:40 PM
    User agent code done.

Bunch of minor fixes.

Just adding a few small feature requests that came in via email before I kick the next release down the Appworld tunnel.

Edit: Highlighting code was kind of working but not quite. Not sure if its only the SIM (still no Z10 here) but might add a toggle switch for it anyway.

via Tapatalk
    bitek likes this.
    02-24-13 01:58 AM
    is a update coming to pb soon as well? this is in the playbook apps section. every post is like a tease
    02-24-13 08:38 AM
    Actually I have one more request. Is it possible to add option for each bookmark to have its own user agent and customizable options flash on off or java on and off etc. something like in simple browser + but instead for tabs this would be for bookmarks ?

Sent from Blackberry Playbook using Tapatalk 2
    02-25-13 07:16 PM
    Actually I have one more request. Is it possible to add option for each bookmark to have its own user agent and customizable options flash on off or java on and off etc. something like in simple browser + but instead for tabs this would be for bookmarks ?

Sent from Blackberry Playbook using Tapatalk 2
    That would be an awesome feature.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-13 07:42 PM
29 12