Service Pack #12 sent to AppWorld for review! Appworld link: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...76083/?lang=en

For all you Secure Browser users out there, I sent through a pretty solid looking build to RIM today. I hope you guys like it. Detailed version notes below.

Also, I am now keeping the version notes updated at the bottom of the help file. I spent a good 30 hours on this update so I hope you enjoy it.

Of interest, I think this is now the first PB native browser with Find-on-Page (currently in beta mode). Yay for us

Version History:

Last counted, Version 2.0.0.28 - Lines of Code: 8489

2.0.0.31 Features:
    -----------------
    * Added Find-on-Page
    * You can now Download Files / Images
    * Integration with Start in Style
    * Added Go-Apps (links to webapps)
    * Added Go-Games (links to webgames)
    * Jump-Zones added (see help file)
    * Added help file
    * Added quick search terms (see help file)
    - type in 'wiki blackberry' to see
    * Added native file browse mode
    * Made status bar an over layer
    * Status bar can now be hidden
    * Many bug fixes

I have a bunch more for minor changes. But these are the ones of interest.

Cheers,

KermEd

previous forum post: http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...leased-689489/
    Last edited by KermEd; 04-01-12 at 03:52 AM.
    04-01-12 03:42 AM
    Awesome cannot wait. officially this will be my default browser
    Last edited by bitek; 04-01-12 at 09:12 AM.
    04-01-12 07:58 AM
    I am on 2.0.0.7971 and app world says this version is not yet available for me yet. Do I need to wait for the next OS update before downloading this app?
    04-01-12 08:36 AM
    BTW, KermEd, I saw your review for mobile maxthon browser. I am a maxthon user for pc too, but haven't tried their mobile version yet, will give it a try.
    04-01-12 08:47 AM
    "Find on page?!!!???" Nah, I understand it is impossible or rim would have done it as well as they've allowed us to organize bookmarks!
    04-01-12 10:15 AM
    Lol!

Hey Aha, it should be available in the next few days

For the group, nimrodity is my chief beta-tester. He found some issues with downloading. But I'm going to let the browser go-live with it for now anyway. I figure in the old version downloading did nothing. At least now it sometimes works . Its cuz I had to do an ugly patch job.

Also the find on page is a little bit buggy, sometimes it jumps to the item and the item is sligtly offpage (jumps too short or too far). Just scroll up/down a tiny bit and you should see it.

Also you might want to enable the jump buttons they are super handy.
    04-01-12 12:12 PM
    Thanks KermEd! I just purchased this browser and I like it!! I will leave feedback soon.

KermEd likes this.
    04-01-12 12:20 PM
    *eeeee!* (screams like a girl). Keyword search engines was my idea (I think). Regardless, looks like an incredible release.
    KermEd likes this.
    04-01-12 12:31 PM
    Thanks guys, jafobabe You might want to wait for the service pack to push out. Most of the bugs should be ironed out (finally)
    04-01-12 12:37 PM
    this browser should satisfy all people who complain about the tab issue with simplebrowser.
    This one is spared of such a bug,no worries
    04-01-12 12:49 PM
    @nimrodity any idea if HaTaX is releasing a new simplebrowser?
    04-01-12 02:39 PM
    Thanks guys, jafobabe You might want to wait for the service pack to push out. Most of the bugs should be ironed out (finally)
    Will do KermEd!
    04-01-12 03:45 PM
    @nimrodity any idea if HaTaX is releasing a new simplebrowser?
    No ,but kermed said soon,so let's just wait
    04-01-12 09:33 PM
    it would be great to see some new skins. more simplsitic, like in pb default browser or in firefox

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    04-02-12 07:06 AM
    Just upgraded mine to 2.0 thanks for the hard work

One question, is it possible to hide the address bar?
    04-02-12 07:26 AM
    So did I.
    04-02-12 07:42 AM
    Is it faster or is that just me?
    04-02-12 08:34 AM
    This browser is pure awesomeness. Big improvement over version 1.0. Seriously no need to use stock browser anymore. I really like that you can tab on the left upper and lower corner of the screen and go to the top or bottom of the page instantaneously.

I think there is a bug because when I click to reset setings to default my bookmarks got erased as well.
    04-02-12 09:34 AM
    Also if I try to edit a post changes do not want to get saved but there is no problem with new posts here at crackberry
    04-02-12 09:36 AM
    This browser is pure awesomeness. Big improvement over version 1.0. Seriously no need to use stock browser anymore. I really like that you can tab on the left upper and lower corner of the screen and go to the top or bottom of the page instantaneously.

I think there is a bug because when I click to reset setings to default my bookmarks got erased as well.
    Good question, no it really does wipe the entire system! You need to export and then re-import your bookmarks when you do an application wipe.

The reason might seem kind of dumb, but it is done that way so that someone doesnt 'reset your settings' (to remove the password) and then open your Favorites (which are protected by the password). I need to update the documentation on that button though But I set that button to wipe everything back to a clean state.

it would be great to see some new skins. more simplsitic, like in pb default browser or in firefox

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    I was really close to getting the option to use custom themes. Really close. Expect it im the next update - and then everyone can make their own It's pretty easy, about 8 png files and about 8 colour codes (background, favorites background, highlight, text colours, etc).

Just upgraded mine to 2.0 thanks for the hard work

One question, is it possible to hide the address bar?
    Unfortunately no, not yet. I've had a few requests for it. From a theoretical stand-point --- its easy to impliment (toggle off bar * stretch the browser). But from a coding standpoint its more difficult simply because I didn't code it that way from the get-go.

I need to think of an unobtrusive way to do it that is natural to new users. Its been on the radar and the "want" list for a while though!

Also if I try to edit a post changes do not want to get saved but there is no problem with new posts here at crackberry
    Thats odd! If it keeps causing problems, try rebooting the PlayBook. It might be angry from the local settings before the update - and sometimes it needs a refresh.

Cheers,

~Ed.
    04-02-12 01:14 PM
    Need any testers? I'd love to play in your sandbox.
    KermEd likes this.
    04-02-12 01:34 PM
    Alright, I wasn't going to use a 3rd party browser but after reading this thread, I've just purchased Secure Browser.

Thanks a lot for all your efforts and support KermEd!
    KermEd likes this.
    04-02-12 02:56 PM
    Thx KermEd. Just dl the update going to see the difference.

Great app from day one..
    KermEd likes this.
    04-02-12 06:51 PM
    Big thanks to KermEd for continued improvements to our favorite browser.

I would like to request a much needed feature. It would be great to add a "Save" feature, which saves the current Tab for offline reading. This feature would be used by many to read articles at a later time. You may add this feature in the Bookmark list as a command.
    KermEd likes this.
    04-02-12 10:39 PM
    Yikes it really does search!

But is it me - I put my pb down and notice it did not go into standby mode. Did it a second time and screen still stayed on. Is that a feature for playing media even if I was reading a website?
    04-02-12 11:00 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD