I'm at level 55 now. Agree about the shield, it becomes essential. The hellfire missiles are needed too, because in the later levels you don't have a prayer of destroying everything yourself. I love this game, spent a whole train journey home on it.
    01-16-13 01:49 PM
    I'm at level 55 now. Agree about the shield, it becomes essential. The hellfire missiles are needed too, because in the later levels you don't have a prayer of destroying everything yourself. I love this game, spent a whole train journey home on it.
    I think otherwise.
    I'm on lvl 52 right now, and no shield.
    What I did was upgrade all my basic weapons evenly but the first one. The first one is always 1 or 2 steps ahead of the other. If the first one is +3, the rest would be +1 or +2.
    I got to this level w/ all my weapons on 3 stage and have no need to shield. You actually want to have the ability to wipe any enemy fast and as soon it gets to the screen.
    The only extra i got was the coin magnet, so the coins would stay in the screen, regroup and be there for a time when i'm ready to collect.
    01-16-13 05:54 PM
    that is a good plan. my first weapon is charged at level 3 of the tripple shot. missles around the same. working towards max. I skipped putting anything into the laser. the rest is in 1st level of shield and the orbs. I have 3 circling orbs. the shield saved me tons as you can take a hit and not lose your power ups. orbs rule as they obsorb everything, even the purple gun the fires 3 shots and the heat seaking missles
    01-16-13 06:03 PM
    I'm on sector 30 of hardcore mode
    01-16-13 06:04 PM
    I think otherwise.
    I'm on lvl 52 right now, and no shield.
    What I did was upgrade all my basic weapons evenly but the first one. The first one is always 1 or 2 steps ahead of the other. If the first one is +3, the rest would be +1 or +2.
    I got to this level w/ all my weapons on 3 stage and have no need to shield. You actually want to have the ability to wipe any enemy fast and as soon it gets to the screen.
    The only extra i got was the coin magnet, so the coins would stay in the screen, regroup and be there for a time when i'm ready to collect.
    I didnt need the shield until it got to around where you are. I was doing it on he same as you more or less. But it gets insane around then. If you manage to get through the lastfew levels without it, well you're a better player than me.
    01-16-13 06:07 PM
    I'm on sector 50 in hardcore mode and man does it get hard, I'm in the process of saving up for the shield but it takes forever. any one gotten the ares plane?
    01-16-13 06:26 PM
    I'm on sector 50 in hardcore mode and man does it get hard, I'm in the process of saving up for the shield but it takes forever. any one gotten the ares plane?
    great job! I haven't begun to think about new ships yet. I'm maxing my baby out first!
    01-16-13 09:01 PM
    I'm too lazy to test this out myself, but after a level completes, do the credits on the screen get added to your total credits acquired? Because I have the tractor beam at level 2 which just keeps them on the page so they don't start floating away and sometimes I finish a level without collecting all the ones in front of me.
    01-16-13 09:35 PM
    I don't think so. only ones you collect from what I can tell
    01-16-13 09:38 PM
    Bah!!!!!! Credits disappeared again!!!!!!! Had like 3000 credits at the end of the round but when it loads and goes back to the upgrade screen I only had 300ish!!! No I did not read it wrong because I played like 10-15 games and had an average of 200credits each round........

Am I the only one seeing this glitch?
    01-16-13 10:51 PM
    ok this game is ridiculous, now its got me on insane mode. I think I'm going to bed :s
    01-17-13 12:04 AM
    ok this game is ridiculous, now its got me on insane mode. I think I'm going to bed :s
    HAHAHAHA!
    I'm just on lvl 6 of Hardcore. But you knew there were gonna be more levels! I mean, i'm on level 66 (total), and it's only 36% of the game. That means there should be around 180+ levels for it to get to 100%

No shield yet, but I admit it's getting interesting. Can't wait to get where you are, unfortunately i have no much time to play around :-)
    01-17-13 09:30 AM
    I didnt need the shield until it got to around where you are. I was doing it on he same as you more or less. But it gets insane around then. If you manage to get through the lastfew levels without it, well you're a better player than me.
    Level 7 - Hardcore and no shield yet. Redk is my hero! I'll try to do as him, and delay the shield until all my weapons are on mid stage 4
    01-17-13 09:35 AM
    Once you get to level 60 on any mode I would reccomend to keep repeating that level to max out your weapons. that's the level that I tend to get the most credits on.
    01-17-13 10:22 AM
    Once you get to level 60 on any mode I would reccomend to keep repeating that level to max out your weapons. that's the level that I tend to get the most credits on.
    I had to do it even if i didn't intend it. I had to play that level like 35 times before passing it.
    After that lower hardcore levels seems pretty easy.
    spike12 likes this.
    01-17-13 10:38 AM
    I had to do it even if i didn't intend it. I had to play that level like 35 times before passing it.
    After that lower hardcore levels seems pretty easy.
    They might well do to begin with, but it's not long before in hardcore mode it gets challenging again. The flash gits on insane mode.....well I doff my cap!
    01-17-13 02:56 PM
    They might well do to begin with, but it's not long before in hardcore mode it gets challenging again. The flash gits on insane mode.....well I doff my cap!
    Well, i just arrived to lvl 40 Hardcore and now is when i start to sense "hostility" :-D
    The Purple Cannon + Little Mosquitoes combo gets on my nerves :-)

This is one **** of a game!
    01-17-13 07:10 PM
    Hi guys,

We pulled the game temporarily because we found some last minute bugs that made it into the game. We're hoping to get these bugs fixed soon so we can re-release it. We'll keep you informed.

We apologize for this.

Mark
    Clapfoot
    I sideloaded, and went to go buy some coins and whatnot, and got an error. I apparently can't make purchases with a sideloaded game. When is it coming back on App World, so I can get it from there? It has been almost a week. Other than that it a fun game! Got up to sector 50.
    01-17-13 09:27 PM
    I sideloaded, and went to go buy some coins and whatnot, and got an error. I apparently can't make purchases with a sideloaded game. When is it coming back on App World, so I can get it from there? It has been almost a week. Other than that it a fun game! Got up to sector 50.
    TO DOWNLOAD USING LINK: Q-code didn't work for me(worked on phone but said game incompatable w/ this device, don't know of a way to do q-code on pb, "scan code" doesn't come up in camera mode), BUT, i was able to do it like this:

1- using playbook, in a wifi hotspot or @ home if you have wifi there, click on link below,,, that will bring you to appworld page for Sector Strike...
    2- sign in on THAT page,,, DO NOT click download or go to regular sign in page...
    3- if you signed in correctly, you should now be looking @ the game page as you would normally in appworld,,, click download button...
    4- it's a very "light" game, only 16mb, so download & install takes less than 1 min. w/ good connection...
    5- play game, have fun,,, i haven't done this step yet, but i will later today,,, hope this helps for those having the same issue i had...

Originally Posted by dimm0k

Ok, I finally got it... here's what I did:

1.use google and search for "appworld sector strike"
    2.used the cached copy of the link, which should be https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...ayBook%26regio n%3D158%26lang%3Den+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us]Free Sector Strike - Download Sector Strike - Free Games from BlackBerry App World[/url]
    3.scan the "Item QR Code" onto your PB to load the link into AppWorld
    4.download from there...

EDIT: to make it easier, here's the QR code image direct from the page...
    01-17-13 11:53 PM
    strange, qr method worked for me, and im really grateful for it
    01-18-13 09:35 AM
    I am honestly looking forward to buy some credits and those boxes LOL I need this on app world so I can be able to buy the credits....I'll still keep playing til that happens
    01-18-13 12:37 PM
    Well, i just arrived to lvl 40 Hardcore and now is when i start to sense "hostility" :-D
    The Purple Cannon + Little Mosquitoes combo gets on my nerves :-)

This is one **** of a game!
    same here. level 40 is interesting to say at least

Sent from Blackberry Playbook using TapaTalk 2
    01-18-13 04:41 PM
    They are probably holding it now for bb10 launch. At least we got a sneak peak
    01-18-13 09:11 PM
    level 50 hardcore. been kicking my arse all night
    redk likes this.
    01-18-13 09:33 PM
    yeah that level is is rough.
    01-18-13 11:06 PM
199 ... 34567 ...