Hey,
    Try my new playbook app, ScreenLock

Unlike other locks, ScreenLock DOES NOT MINIMIZE when swiped up.

***Change log v2 (Now available at appworld)***
    * Add a personal message to your lock screen. HTML tags are supported.
    * Mute on Lock function added.

Features:
    * Complete security without tension of device wipe.
    * Customize the lock screen with your own wallpapers.
    * Customize the lock screen with a personal message (HTML tags supported).
    * Auto lock on launch (lock on a single click).
    * Auto exit upon unlocking (minimum hassle).
    * Mute on Lock function.
    * Clock and Date on lock screen.

I built this app as a replacement to the regular Lock which prompted me to enter the password in every 15 minutes. This way I have more ease in deciding when I want to lock my playbook. Also I dont have to worry about my device getting wiped if the password attempts are exceeded by some blubbering fool who wants to open my playbook !

ScreenLock (that doesn't Minimize)-img_00000317.jpg
    ScreenLock (that doesn't Minimize)-img_00000314.jpg
    ScreenLock (that doesn't Minimize)-img_00000323.jpg
    ScreenLock (that doesn't Minimize)-img_00000322.jpg

The latest version is now available at appworld.
    Last edited by Utkarsh; 05-23-13 at 11:20 AM. Reason: v1.2.1.1 release
    Kamloops Brit likes this.
    02-19-13 01:51 AM
    Good luck with your app. I will look at it when I get a chance.
    02-19-13 03:13 PM
    Downloading now. Thanks for sharing!
    02-19-13 03:36 PM
    downloading too. Seems to be an interessting idea. Maybe with future updates you can add themes like the other app called "lockbot pro." Also can you be able to change password in free version but lose a different feature? Cause if someone guesses the right number, then you cant change it. And finally, can you make it so that there are different ways of unlocking (ex. android lock)?

Thanks a bunch and hope you do add these features
    02-19-13 04:25 PM
    downloading too. Seems to be an interessting idea. Maybe with future updates you can add themes like the other app called "lockbot pro." Also can you be able to change password in free version but lose a different feature? Cause if someone guesses the right number, then you cant change it. And finally, can you make it so that there are different ways of unlocking (ex. android lock)?

Thanks a bunch and hope you do add these features
    Seconded, themes for the lockscreen would be nice and if the lockscreen could show you the time and weather that would be awesome. Anyway I bought the app, I wonder why it took so long for anyone to come up with a lockscreen that doesn't minimize for the playbook. Now all we need is an app that let's you print directly from the playbook lol.
    02-19-13 05:12 PM
    Seconded, themes for the lockscreen would be nice and if the lockscreen could show you the time and weather that would be awesome. Anyway I bought the app, I wonder why it took so long for anyone to come up with a lockscreen that doesn't minimize for the playbook. Now all we need is an app that let's you print directly from the playbook lol.
    I was thinking the same things. print directly from tablet and have more themes.
    02-19-13 05:17 PM
    Thanks for trying it, I was just testing waters for this app. If I get good response, I will definitely add these, and some other functions
    And sure for printing directly, this app does that already, you just have to feed it some paper first
    02-20-13 02:01 PM
    The idea of adding features if the app does well is counter-productive. It's the features that would make the app do well! Or am I missing something in that logic?
    02-20-13 02:35 PM
    well that logis is correct but h/she probably thinks it's fine the way it is and doesn't want to waste time on an application that won't do well. It's like blackberry. Started off well, then got left behind, and now is trying their best to catch up but will have a REALLY hard time catching up (and beating) apple's products!
    02-20-13 05:35 PM
    Quite true, and also 'he' thinks that the application already does what it's meant to do. Extra embellishments would drain resources faster. And if people REALLY want improved graphics, I would add them in future, but would personally still use the stripped down version. Hey its blackberry!
    02-20-13 08:40 PM
    Thanks for trying it, I was just testing waters for this app. If I get good response, I will definitely add these, and some other functions
    So how's been the response so far?
    03-05-13 11:51 AM
    So how's been the response so far?
    Response ? you gotta be joking ! (appworld is not THAT profitable... free part gets ~90 downloads per day but paid one: ABYSMAL )
    But its the BB Response time that disappoints me the most.

Added wallpaper support, added clock, changed graphics, dialog,visual feel and submitted the update around 10 days ago. And still waiting for approval

You can look at the new screenshots I uploaded on appworld (they approved THEM quickly).
    03-05-13 02:01 PM
    Added wallpaper support, added clock, changed graphics, dialog,visual feel and submitted the update around 10 days ago. And still waiting for approval
    Approval can take up to 2 business weeks. Its a very slow process
    Last edited by jeroen_13; 03-05-13 at 02:58 PM.
    03-05-13 02:14 PM
    Response ? you gotta be joking ! (appworld is not THAT profitable... free part gets ~90 downloads per day but paid one: ABYSMAL )
    But its the BB Response time that disappoints me the most.

You can look at the new screenshots I uploaded on appworld (they approved THEM quickly).
    Sounds like some great additions. When it drops, hit the BlackBerry news sites and ask them for a review (CrackBerry, BlackBerry Empire, BlackBerry OS, N4BB, PocketBerry, BerryReview, NerdBerry, etc). It's an awesome app and I've seen many, many apps go viral once the word is out. You sound frustrated, but do what you can to promote the product. You can't build a hotel and then stand outside waiting for arrivals.....get the word out!
    03-05-13 02:48 PM
    Sounds like some great additions. When it drops, hit the BlackBerry news sites and ask them for a review (CrackBerry, BlackBerry Empire, BlackBerry OS, N4BB, PocketBerry, BerryReview, NerdBerry, etc). It's an awesome app and I've seen many, many apps go viral once the word is out. You sound frustrated, but do what you can to promote the product. You can't build a hotel and then stand outside waiting for arrivals.....get the word out!
    Yeah that's a good idea your app is what some people have been expecting to arrive to the playbook, but I agree the blackberry approval process sucks just ask the dev who made advanced camera. Anyway saw the screenshots, looks awesome keep the good work.
    03-05-13 03:25 PM
    Also, SushiStew posts video reviews of quite a few apps here in the app forum.
    03-05-13 04:21 PM
    After reading about the recent updates, I'm buying it as I type this. Looking forward to future updates.
    03-05-13 04:28 PM
    Thanks for the support guys ! Once the app gets updated, I will surely try to get it reviewed by these sites....
    I know about SushiStew and Limetrip, but how do you ask sites like Crackberry or BBEmpire ?
    03-05-13 10:43 PM
    I saw the description of the app and it says the app has been updated, but no new download is available. Can anyone confirm if the app has been updated and I have to wait more because of my region? I'm from Mexico.
    03-11-13 12:27 PM
    I saw the description of the app and it says the app has been updated, but no new download is available. Can anyone confirm if the app has been updated and I have to wait more because of my region? I'm from Mexico.
    Yes, the app has been updated, see the new screenshots. But the BB people are yet to approve it. Been more than 2 weeks now, I guess, since I submitted the new release.
    If interested in sideloading, download ScreenLock. (read the updated post 1)
    Last edited by Utkarsh; 03-11-13 at 02:07 PM.
    03-11-13 12:33 PM
    Problems:
    The wallpapers; "Black" and "Pb:Blue" have the notification in the top left corner. This means that you cannot know if you have notifications while using that wallpaper.
    03-11-13 03:06 PM
    Problems:
    The wallpapers; "Black" and "Pb:Blue" have the notification in the top left corner. This means that you cannot know if you have notifications while using that wallpaper.
    Ok. Got it. Thanks
    Will replace the wallpapers in the evening and upload the new version.
    03-11-13 09:45 PM
    Updated the app. Features added:
    * Auto Lock upon application launch.
    * Auto Exit upon entering the password.
    * Changed graphics, Wallpapers.

Download it at ScreenLock v1.2.1.1 (mediafire link).
    (For unlocking, read the 1st post)
    Last edited by Utkarsh; 03-13-13 at 04:44 PM.
    03-13-13 04:31 PM
    Love the app! The word needs to get out! CrackBerry should do a write up on this one. It's unique and new and very usable.
    Utkarsh likes this.
    03-13-13 04:49 PM
    The update sounds awesome great work, I agree Crackberry should do a review of this app, how do we make that happen? its been a while since they reviewed a playbook app. BTW dev, I emailed you to unlock the full version.
    Utkarsh likes this.
    03-13-13 09:36 PM
58 123