So I was just perusing my app downloads and saw something awesome - V2 PB OS downloads of the app. I took out the name of my app but then realized how stupid that was considering its in my signature but I won't be redoing the screenshot anyway. See attached!

Whoever these lucky people are (Likely RIM given its all Canadian) are fortunate enough to have 2.0 as early as Sep 7th it seems but there seems to be no move in vers number since then.

Anyway hadn't seen a post like this - apologies if this had already been brought up.
    10-11-11 09:07 AM
    That is interesting indeed. I'm wondering if it could be a dev team testing out existing apps on 2.0.....
    10-11-11 09:17 AM
    It`s coming!
    10-11-11 09:18 AM
    I figure if they just wanted to test it then they would buy 1 not many - I figure its just PB owners @ RIM

Thanks for 2.99 guys - testing or otherwise

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-11-11 09:23 AM
    Hmmm.... Could we really be launching the 2.0 upgrade next week? Maybe this is why RIM is having server issues at the moment.
    BB Movies, android player, BB Music, VideoEditing (JayCut), Cloud Storage (newWave) all from a QNX platform wrapped in a beautiful TAT UI.

I can't wait for DevCon.
    10-11-11 09:24 AM
    Many of the programmers working at RIM have been testing 2.0 for a while now.
    10-11-11 09:26 AM
    2.0.0.0 seems to me quite strange for a version number ...
    Isn't it supposed to be already something like 2.0.0.xxx (where xxx should be GTE 100 before public release) ?
    Not sure, but can remember reading about this somewhere here.
    10-11-11 09:29 AM
    I thought the exact same thing Superfly_FR

10-11-11 09:30 AM
    More recently (Oct 7) someone purchased What's up using 2.0 . Good to see someone is testing existing AIR apps.
    BSFA2008 likes this.
    10-11-11 09:31 AM
    Oh, so you programmers can see the OS of folks downloading? That's interesting.
    10-11-11 09:55 AM
    2.0.0.0 seems to me quite strange for a version number ...
    Isn't it supposed to be already something like 2.0.0.xxx (where xxx should be GTE 100 before public release) ?
    Not sure, but can remember reading about this somewhere here.
    As you can see in the screenshot, the other downloads are 1.0.7.0.
    So, it doesn't show the last part (build/patch number). Only the x.y.z
    10-11-11 10:29 AM
    Oh, so you programmers can see the OS of folks downloading? That's interesting.
    Google does the same thing for Android sales. For me, it helps me determine if I need to keep supporting older versions of my apps. And it also gives me an idea of how many different Android phones are running different versions.
    10-11-11 10:40 AM
    Hmmm.... Could we really be launching the 2.0 upgrade next week? Maybe this is why RIM is having server issues at the moment.
    BB Movies, android player, BB Music, VideoEditing (JayCut), Cloud Storage (newWave) all from a QNX platform wrapped in a beautiful TAT UI.

I can't wait for DevCon.
    This is exactly what I was thinking... ALWAYS before RIM releases new big software updates (OS7, OS6, playbook in april) their service seems to have "issues"... I think its just them making the necessary changes and bringing the new product online...

BigR3dBri and Marcel38 like this.
    10-11-11 11:04 AM
    This is cool. I just checked some of my download statistics and found some with OS 2.0 as well.
    Last edited by mister_turtle; 10-11-11 at 11:57 AM.
    10-11-11 11:50 AM
    Maybe their "Business Partners" have it!

antoant7 likes this.
    10-11-11 12:06 PM
    Just checked downloads on one of my apps as well, and found 2.0.0 downloads since Sept 6. Interestingly, besides users in Canada, I also have a 2.0.0 user from the UK and one from Singapore.
    10-11-11 12:28 PM
    And the plot thickens. Maybe there are select groups of beta testers that aren't willing to share info with us!

So with this in mind, does anyone think 2.0 will be release in conjunction with DevCon? I know it was said "Sometime thereafter", but one never knows.
    10-11-11 12:34 PM
    Just checked downloads on one of my apps as well, and found 2.0.0 downloads since Sept 6. Interestingly, besides users in Canada, I also have a 2.0.0 user from the UK and one from Singapore.
    Nobody from China huh... I was expecting someone from there since those leaked pictures of OS2 came from that place...

Well, hopefully, OS2 is really on the way...
    10-11-11 12:42 PM
    I have downloads to devices reporting version 2.0.0.0 today (10/11/2011), 9/25/2011, and 9/20/2011. Today's download has the source country listed as Canada, but the September downloads are all United States for whatever that's worth.

DevCon is exactly 1 week away!
    10-11-11 01:02 PM
    I've had only one 2.0 download, while the PlayBeats author has had dozens. His if free, mine isn't... not sure if that has anything to do with it.

I don't think you can read anything into this though, other than that testers are out there (likely almost all internal testers). The fact that the version is just "2.0.0.0" means nothing, and the timing means nothing other than to tell us that 2.0 does exist in some pre-release form (duh) and is being tested (also duh).
    John.P likes this.
    10-11-11 01:05 PM
    I also noticed that there are sporadic downloads with a version listed as 'Unknown'. The last few of those seem to correspond to the last two update dates (there are only a handful of those). The majority of the 'Unknown' versions seem to be 1.0.5.0 and 1.0.4.0 since I don't have any of those listed. The versions jump from 1.0.3.00 to 1.0.6.0.
    10-11-11 01:15 PM
    That's interesting. There could be multiple configurations of the OS which would be perfectly reasonable given the nature of QNX. Which configuration is released no doubt depends on general performance being at acceptable levels.
    10-11-11 01:26 PM
    We've got about 40 OS 2.0 downloads... looks like they're ramping it up!

ETA: The 2.0 downloads started August 31st, and theres been 71 downloads of our app since then. Wish I was one of those 70
    Last edited by wfubball; 10-11-11 at 03:32 PM.
    10-11-11 01:54 PM
    Yep and Playbook owners are in a frenzy just like us Storm2 owners were.

But we been sad, tho' RIM be glad, 'cause we fell for it again.

An you are too.

Enterprise ready from RIM is just a myth until I see it for myself as far as the Playbook is concerned.

I'm pretty much determined on Win7 phone and Win8 tablet next year anyway. But if RIM can finally deliver there's remote possibliity I will re-look at Playbook. But POS 2.0 would have to be a phenom for me to actually buy one again, even at the reduced prices.

Is it TRUELY ready for the "enterprise"? Let's wait and see.....RIM hasn't delivered anything except incremental (at best) updates to OS or hardware in 4 years.
    pyroinsano likes this.
    10-11-11 02:11 PM
    I'm sorry you feel that way but really I owned a storm 2 too - there were tons of reasons not to own one but I did. You buy the device as it is now and not for some happy magical time when It will have all you want.

The PB does what I expected it to do. Simple.

As for Windows Phone/Tablet - I am looking at it too but its a year away; thigs change in a year and if devs decide to skip it then.....

10-11-11 02:17 PM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD