This is most likely their EMT (employee market trial) testing. Usually the last stage, following technical QA, before a go/no go for production roll out. Just getting it into as many hands as possible to test it out before it goes public. Good sign for us
    10-11-11 10:53 PM
    So you would give blogs like engadget and analysts like Jaguar Financial reasons to discourage consumers and investors from looking at RIM and its products? Like I said before, you comments make absolutely zero sense.

RIM has received the biggest gifts they have in years with Google delaying the announcement of Ice Cream Sandwich to after DevCon and Apple releasing the 'disappointing' iPhone 4S. You would squander all of this for absolutely no reason? It's simply mind-boggling...
    the OS 2.0 is not going to make the Engadgets and Jaguar Financial's all rosy and happy with RIM. Releasing buggy software to all consumers is definitely not preferable to releasing it to a select few tech savvy people who have a reasonable tolerance for bugs. If you still think my comments make zero sense I cannot help you, there are certain dynamics involved in software development that make it a very interesting hame.
    10-11-11 10:54 PM
    There have been OS 2.0 downloads for about a month now.
    10-12-11 01:58 AM
    very interesting
    10-12-11 02:45 AM
    Many of the programmers working at RIM have been testing 2.0 for a while now.
    The Tech Reps in the field have Beta versions of V2 on their playbooks.
    10-12-11 08:06 AM
    I downloaded reports on my apps and i see OS 2.0.0.0 in there as well. Earliest for me was Sept 3rd. Countries in my list are Canada, US, UK, South Korea, Czech Republic. Nice to know OS2 is on its way. Thanks OP for the tip.
    Last edited by d_source; 10-12-11 at 11:39 AM.
    10-12-11 11:30 AM
    Great app, one of my all around favorites
    Thanks! Got a nice update coming for you when OS 2.0 comes out...
    10-12-11 11:50 AM
    Bold touch will likely not have BBX as it does not have a dual core, a requirement to run QNX.

So just like S2, little to no upgrade path.

Sad...
    If im not mistaken, the rim stooges recanted on that and last i heard the first generation of bbx phones will have a single core cpu.

As for this thread, i agree with some other posters that 2.0.0.0 is a suspicious build... not only for the number of place holders, but the fact that the exactly 2.0.0(.0) is a viable and stable enough build to be released on any level... my thinking is that the version we get on round one will be 2.0.122 or 2.0.91... just pulling numbers out of a hat..... but the very first build of 2.0 is unlikely to be the one that is released.

My $.02 worth...
    10-12-11 12:09 PM
    I got my first OS 2.0 download on September 29.

(Very quick plug for my app: Buy SouthernTouch Spades - Download SouthernTouch Spades - Buy Games from BlackBerry App World)

The purchase originated in the United States.

Darwin Pinder
    SouthernTouch Technologies
    10-12-11 12:34 PM
  10. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Fantastic!!!!

Can't wait to use the new features of Playbook 2.0!!

next week!?! ...and hopefully...more from Devcon....lets hope
    10-12-11 01:11 PM
    I got my first OS 2.0 download on September 29.

(Very quick plug for my app: Buy SouthernTouch Spades - Download SouthernTouch Spades - Buy Games from BlackBerry App World)

The purchase originated in the United States.

Click to view quoted image

Darwin Pinder
    Great game BTW!!!! I've been looking for a legitimate Spades game for sometime now.
    10-12-11 03:10 PM
    Nobody from China huh... I was expecting someone from there since those leaked pictures of OS2 came from that place...

Well, hopefully, OS2 is really on the way...
    i'm from China, and I know where it leaked, but pity I don't have a chance to try 2.0.
    10-12-11 07:18 PM
    If im not mistaken, the rim stooges recanted on that and last i heard the first generation of bbx phones will have a single core cpu.

As for this thread, i agree with some other posters that 2.0.0.0 is a suspicious build... not only for the number of place holders, but the fact that the exactly 2.0.0(.0) is a viable and stable enough build to be released on any level... my thinking is that the version we get on round one will be 2.0.122 or 2.0.91... just pulling numbers out of a hat..... but the very first build of 2.0 is unlikely to be the one that is released.

My $.02 worth...
    You are quite mistaken. The phones will almost certainly use the same processors as the PB because multicore exploitation is what QNX is all about. Otherwise, OS7 would be the OS of choice.
    10-12-11 07:43 PM
    Great game BTW!!!! I've been looking for a legitimate Spades game for sometime now.
    Thanks for the input. I wrote the game specifically because the Spades games I've had on other platforms made some very questionable plays. Luckily, I have a good friend who donated the artwork (David Eakin at Troop Media).

Now if I'd had only set the price at 99 dollars instead of 99 cents...I'd be able to retire.

Thanks again,

Darwin Pinder
    Buy SouthernTouch Spades - Download SouthernTouch Spades - Buy Games from BlackBerry App World
    Last edited by CodeNaked; 10-12-11 at 09:48 PM.
    10-12-11 09:13 PM
    Cant wait for DEVCON
    10-13-11 02:19 PM
    I wouldn't get too excited - pretty sure we'll get a demo of 2.0.x+ but I don't think it will be released yet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-11 02:24 PM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD