LOL, that's funny. I'm so tired of broken promises that I'm going to buy a Windows tablet...
    10-11-11 03:26 PM
    Looks like I should get off of crackberry and get some work done so I will have time to play with my newborn toy

It feels like Christmas Eve! Shhh did anyone her sleighbells on the roof?
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 10-11-11 at 04:23 PM.
    10-11-11 04:17 PM
    Yep and Playbook owners are in a frenzy just like us Storm2 owners were....

I'm pretty much determined on Win7 phone and Win8 tablet next year anyway. But if RIM can finally deliver there's remote possibliity I will re-look at Playbook.
    I think you need to re-look at the phone you bought so you won't be so bitter about everything. - splurge for a Bold touch and get happy. Dissing RIM and waiting a year for Win tabs?? Makes sense to me, I guess, in an alternate universe.

Another one burned by the Storm with an axe to grind...
    AZ87 likes this.
    10-11-11 04:21 PM
    You devs please feel free to name your apps - shameless plugs are nothing to be ashamed of in here. In fact put it in your signature line. People need to know that the playbook does not actually have "no apps'.
    10-11-11 04:26 PM
    I think you need to re-look at the phone you bought so you won't be so bitter about everything. - splurge for a Bold touch and get happy. Dissing RIM and waiting a year for Win tabs?? Makes sense to me, I guess, in an alternate universe.

Another one burned by the Storm with an axe to grind...
    Bold touch will likely not have BBX as it does not have a dual core, a requirement to run QNX.

So just like S2, little to no upgrade path.

Sad...
    thecrippler likes this.
    10-11-11 04:34 PM
    but hopefully im wrong....

I have a s2 btw, and an axe to grind
    10-11-11 04:35 PM
    No I imagine none of the BB7 phones will upgrade to BBX

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-11-11 04:51 PM
    You devs please feel free to name your apps - shameless plugs are nothing to be ashamed of in here. In fact put it in your signature line. People need to know that the playbook does not actually have "no apps'.
    Ok fine

FourPlay - foursquare for the PlayBook (the one ive been referencing)
    kidmac13 and Barljo like this.
    10-11-11 05:42 PM
    I'm sorry you feel that way but really I owned a storm 2 too - there were tons of reasons not to own one but I did. You buy the device as it is now and not for some happy magical time when It will have all you want.

The PB does what I expected it to do. Simple.

As for Windows Phone/Tablet - I am looking at it too but its a year away; thigs change in a year and if devs decide to skip it then.....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Evidently then, "enterprise ready" was NOT in your expectations, even though it was stated as so. You really just needed a media player and internet/gaming appliance. Because that's pretty much all you have so far, and I expect in the near reasonable future.

Your expectations are quite low. Mine are not. If something is stated as fact my RIM, or any other company, my expectations are that it is so. You expectations are that it could or might be someday soon, real soon, yea, this time we mean it, it's any day now, soon, promise for sure this time.

Not for my money.
    bbbeliever likes this.
    10-11-11 06:05 PM
    Ok fine

FourPlay - foursquare for the PlayBook (the one ive been referencing)

Great app, one of my all around favorites
    10-11-11 08:36 PM
    How did this post go from 2.0 app downloads to the storm 2?
    10-11-11 09:03 PM
    And the plot thickens. Maybe there are select groups of beta testers that aren't willing to share info with us!

So with this in mind, does anyone think 2.0 will be release in conjunction with DevCon? I know it was said "Sometime thereafter", but one never knows.
    It's not that they aren't willing, but can't. If you're outside RIM and have 2.0 already then you're under NDA, if you're inside RIM then your employment contract covers it.

RIM needs to make a big splash during DevCon, so I believe that 2.0 will be released then. DevCon will be all about building forward momentum and things like this are great first steps.
    10-11-11 09:09 PM
    How did this post go from 2.0 app downloads to the storm 2?
    Both contain the number 2?
    DjDante and drjay868 like this.
    10-11-11 09:11 PM
    Hi, if some 2.0 testers are here, could you please tell me, is there any East-Asian language was enclosed ? Especially "Thai" language ! I can't event read it correctly with current version of PB. Thanks in advance guys.
    10-11-11 09:15 PM
    I'm going to predict OS 2.0 will release in an External Beta at Devcon, this will excuse buggy code and allow for media and analysts to review it. Once its in the hands of the public like iOS 5 at WWDC RIM will take their time in making it right. On the earnings call Mike said it would release after Devcon.

Here's to hoping they don't just demo it and walk away.
    10-11-11 09:17 PM
    2.0.0.0 seems to me quite strange for a version number ...
    Isn't it supposed to be already something like 2.0.0.xxx (where xxx should be GTE 100 before public release) ?
    Not sure, but can remember reading about this somewhere here.
    Well the OS 1.0.7 isn't specifically numbered either.
    10-11-11 09:20 PM
    sorry to be a blunder but when is the date for Devcon ?
    10-11-11 09:21 PM
    sorry to be a blunder but when is the date for Devcon ?
    Next Tuesday is the General Session.

I believe Devcon runs for three days, Tuesday to Thursday.
    10-11-11 09:23 PM
    I'm not suprised. My cousin works for RIM and he got a playbook months before it was released... so the fact that some Canadians have os 2.0 doesn't suprise me. Darn those lucky RIM workers! Can't wait to get MY hands on os 2.0
    10-11-11 09:27 PM
    https://twitter.com/#!/Ebscer/status/121648002455711746

This always happens. I saw devices running 7.0 way back in May. The earliest example of a PlayBook on 2.0 that I can see is Sept. 1st. I have been saying (for quite a while now) v2.0 will launch on October 18th, and I still see no reason to think otherwise.
    rage763 likes this.
    10-11-11 09:43 PM
    I'm going to predict OS 2.0 will release in an External Beta at Devcon, this will excuse buggy code and allow for media and analysts to review it. Once its in the hands of the public like iOS 5 at WWDC RIM will take their time in making it right. On the earnings call Mike said it would release after Devcon.

Here's to hoping they don't just demo it and walk away.
    This comment makes no sense... Why would you give buggy code to blogs and analysts, especially since they already hold a negative view of your product? Short answer: You don't, unless you want to commit corporate suicide.

I have a feeling that OS 2.0 is already in its release form, it's just a matter of when.
    BSFA2008 and FF22 like this.
    10-11-11 09:49 PM
    https://twitter.com/#!/Ebscer/status/121648002455711746

This always happens. I saw devices running 7.0 way back in May. The earliest example of a PlayBook on 2.0 that I can see is Sept. 1st. I have been saying (for quite a while now) v2.0 will launch on October 18th, and I still see no reason to think otherwise.
    Really hope you're right!
    10-11-11 09:49 PM
    Both contain the number 2?
    Playbook OS 2 (POS2).

Storm2 was(is) just a POS
    10-11-11 09:55 PM
    This comment makes no sense... Why would you give buggy code to blogs and analysts, especially since they already hold a negative view of your product? Short answer: You don't, unless you want to commit corporate suicide.

I have a feeling that OS 2.0 is already in its release form, it's just a matter of when.
    It's ok to release buggy code as long as you call it "Beta".

Analysts and media just want to see progress being made, they aren't jonesing for the next big PlayBook update. Knowing its in a late stage of development would be enough to placate them. Releasing a "Beta" also takes some of the hard timeline pressure off from RIM.

You always find bugs when developing code, by aiming for a "Beta" by a certain date the quality gates are a little fuzzier than releasing gold code. There is a reason we rarely see companies give a specific date for a software release less than a couple of weeks in advance.
    10-11-11 10:05 PM
    It's ok to release buggy code as long as you call it "Beta".

Analysts and media just want to see progress being made, they aren't jonesing for the next big PlayBook update. Knowing its in a late stage of development would be enough to placate them. Releasing a "Beta" also takes some of the hard timeline pressure off from RIM.

You always find bugs when developing code, by aiming for a "Beta" by a certain date the quality gates are a little fuzzier than releasing gold code. There is a reason we rarely see companies give a specific date for a software release less than a couple of weeks in advance.
    So you would give blogs like engadget and analysts like Jaguar Financial reasons to discourage consumers and investors from looking at RIM and its products? Like I said before, you comments make absolutely zero sense.

RIM has received the biggest gifts they have in years with Google delaying the announcement of Ice Cream Sandwich to after DevCon and Apple releasing the 'disappointing' iPhone 4S. You would squander all of this for absolutely no reason? It's simply mind-boggling...
    Marcel38 likes this.
    10-11-11 10:25 PM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD