I could not find any post in the forum already about this, so if there is already one please provide me the link.
    I have two Android player games on my PB - one from App World - InfeCCt (Buy infeCCt BlackBerry PlayBook - Download infeCCt BlackBerry PlayBook - Buy Games from BlackBerry App World)
    and other through side loading - Paradise Island.
    Both games play very well on Playbook without any issues.
    But every time my PB restarts (or Android player gets reset), I lose the progress of the games and they start from first level and thus is very frustrating.
    Is there any way to save the progress of the games? Are you also facing this issue?
    I also tried Astro File Manager to find the files on PB, but no luck.

P.S. - Games like Words with Friends or Hanging with Friends work fine as they extract the games progress from their server on the basis of login details.
    Last edited by cjterminator; 04-14-12 at 09:57 PM.
    03-05-12 05:06 PM
    I have the same issue with all of my Android apps. Every time I restart my playbook, I lose all my data in the Android Player.

I wonder if this is a general issue or is it just a few people having this issue?
    Anyone care to share their experience?
    03-12-12 03:32 AM
    I sideloaded Angry Birds HD, and it remembers how many levels that I've cleared. So this phenomenon is not universal.
    03-12-12 05:17 AM
    and it remembers my score and settings
    03-12-12 06:41 AM
    There is no way for developers to fix this, RIM needs to add a setting in "Save Game Progress on Exit"...
    03-12-12 07:55 AM
    I have same issue with all android apps. Here is to hoping a 2.0 bugfix update is in place.
    03-12-12 10:21 AM
    I have same issue with all android apps. Here is to hoping a 2.0 bugfix update is in place.
    Hopefully.
    03-12-12 10:22 AM
    I had this problem but figured it was because I did an update from the beta 2.0. A security wipe fixed the issues with progress in the couple of games that wouldn't save for me.
    03-12-12 10:32 AM
    Good to know that it is not a universal issue.

Hopefully a security wipe will fix this issue. Still sucks that I have to wipe my PlayBook. I have to backup and re-download all the apps data.
    03-12-12 01:10 PM
    I have the same issue with every Android app I have installed.

I thought it was "normal".

I never installed the 2.0 beta.
    03-12-12 01:32 PM
    I have the same issue. I mentioned it in my beta survey. Hopefully others did too!
    03-12-12 03:02 PM
    I did a debrick and it never fixed the issue, I never did the 2.0 beta.
    03-12-12 05:07 PM
    same problem. Love paradise island but having to restart every time? whatever. Total bs.
    03-15-12 08:07 PM
    Definitely noticing that if the playbook is turned off, my android player data goes out the window.
    03-16-12 01:41 AM
    The way to fix this is to do a complete security wipe and reinstalling the apps from the App World 1 by 1. Do not do a backup as you will end up having the same issue. If you have any important documents just save those documents on your PC and after the security wipe you can just transfer them back to your documents folder.

Now, my Android player saves my setting even after reboot. My Playbook seems faster and the Android player doesn't crash anymore.

Hope it helps other users.
    Last edited by koolrosh; 04-04-12 at 04:23 PM.
    04-04-12 04:19 PM
    The way to fix this is to do a complete security wipe and reinstalling the apps from the App World 1 by 1. Do not do a backup as you will end up having the same issue. If you have any important documents just save those documents on your PC and after the security wipe you can just transfer them back to your documents folder.

Now, my Android player saves my setting even after reboot. My Playbook seems faster and the Android player doesn't crash anymore.

Hope it helps other users.
    Before going for this solution, I would like to be sure that this works.
    Could you please list which games or apps you have tried till now? Has you Android player crashed or have you restarted your PB and still it retains all the saved game progress?
    Also if you could publish your experience after one week of use and playing through different games, it will be great.
    04-04-12 06:19 PM
    Ive done a fresh wipe. Was back to square one after a few reboots. Took me 3 days to get back up and because I couldnt load a backup all gamesaves were gone
    04-04-12 07:07 PM
    After thorough checking of almost 2 weeks, I can confirm that solution of complete security wipe, then upgrading to latest PB OS version and then installing each of the applications again on PB works great. It has resolved all my problems with Android player in PB. Actually now its significantly more stable and none of the games or applications lose any progress and saved data even if I restart my PB or Android crashes (which happened only once with me for a sideloaded app, not the in store app).
    Thanks a lot and I would recommend every PB owner to do the same.
    Android player will be much more effective and frustration free for you if you apply this solution. I think this should appear as a post on Crackberry front page.

Only one drawback of this solution is that you will lose your existing games saved progress but the final result is much more sweet
    04-14-12 09:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD