Is there anyway to save or backup the apps we buy so if we have to debrick or have a disaster so that we don't have to download them again?
    08-24-11 07:49 AM
    I _THINK_ that if you can get Desktop Manager to work, it can backup/restore apps as well as data/settings.
    08-24-11 09:01 AM
    You can use Desktop Manager for your backups, but if you have a lot of apps installed, it won't let you back them up, only the media/application settings would be backed up.
    08-24-11 09:02 AM
    You can use Desktop Manager for your backups, but if you have a lot of apps installed, it won't let you back them up, only the media/application settings would be backed up.
    Can they be backed up selectively? Like one or a few at a time?
    08-24-11 09:04 AM
    Can they be backed up selectively? Like one or a few at a time?
    Nope

What I did when I received my replacement Playbook was to reinstall my apps about 10 at a time and then backed it up until it wouldn't anymore. That way, if I ever have to perform a factory reset I don't have to reinstall every single app manually....just the ones that are missing from the point that DM stopped working. The issue is with DM though and not the Playbook and RIM has yet to fix it!
    08-24-11 09:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD