Can't really seem to find this. Thinking of ditching my iPad for the Playbook because I love it's small size. In the video of RIM Showing off Android Player, he shows a bunch of Android apps beside Playbook apps and that they launch in Android Player.

I know right now with the hack to get android player going it seems like you launch all the apps from in there. Does anyone know if you run multiple android apps, do they all run in the same android player window and then you multitask using an android method? Or do multiple android player windows open so that you can switch easily between them all? Not a huge deal just curious
    08-17-11 09:14 PM
    So far in the beta it's all inside the android player, I'd suggest waiting until the player matures (or we get a more mature copy) as multitasking so far is a bit hit and miss.

It does however show massive potential. Which is good considering y'know, the rest of the issues.
    08-17-11 09:44 PM
    It's funny. When using the Android player, I don't expect to be able to multitask. It almost feels like using a Mac as a primary desktop but using a virtual machine to run an individual Windows app. I know that I have to bezel swipe back and then open something else.

Though when I look at running tasks, there can be a real app and a settings app apparently running in the background at the same time.
    08-18-11 12:45 AM
    It's funny. When using the Android player, I don't expect to be able to multitask. It almost feels like using a Mac as a primary desktop but using a virtual machine to run an individual Windows app. I know that I have to bezel swipe back and then open something else.

Though when I look at running tasks, there can be a real app and a settings app apparently running in the background at the same time.
    Is using the bezel swipe back the only way to switch app's in the Android player? If one app opens another (e.g. an email has a link that you click on and open the browser) can you swipe back from the browser to the e-mail app?
    08-23-11 09:28 AM
    You can swipe back, but it simulates the 'back' button in Android meaning your email app gets closed. You can't swipe back to the email app or anything like that.
    08-23-11 10:28 AM
    So as I understand this, the leaked version of the Android player does not support multitasking. Is that correct?
    08-23-11 10:38 AM
    I installed the Android Player and was able to sideload apps onto the PlayBook directly. I also followed somebody elses instructions, which installs the apps within the Android Player. So it is possible to install them directly to the PlayBook, but requires the sideloading process, which is more complicated.
    08-23-11 07:31 PM
    Apps multi task in android app player. To prove this for yourself launch a messenger app then start a conversation and launch a new app. Your replies come to you and you even get notifications. All the apps I've tried appear to run in the background. So it is multi tasking, just its the sucky Android style of multi tasking and not the flashy PB style.
    08-23-11 11:50 PM
    So android apps need to run through the android app player? Does it look like we have access to all of the android apps, or will devs have to mod them somewhat? Like, could I use Androids kobo instead of PB's cruddy version?
    09-02-11 08:03 PM
    I couldn't really say, because most of the Android apps I use I have never used on a native Android device. I download my apps directly from the Droid Marketplace, so they are, I assume, the real apps. It does multitask, but not all apps can, some modules will exit when you back out of the active app, but you will receive notifications, even with multiple apps running, and the player backed as well, I was still receiving notifications from Twitter (running on the Android player). It's buggy and stubborn sometimes, and I can't wait for the finished version.
    09-02-11 09:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD