I purchased the Running Fred game for the G-Baby. He got the Playbook, within 2 minutes I had 4 charges to my Credit Card. 1. $1.07 for the game. 2. $32.46 for 150,000 Skullies. 3. $5.40 for 15,000 Skullies. 4. $5.40 for 15,000 Skullies.
    Does this mean he can charge to my App world on the Playbook anytime? I had to put my password in to purchase the Game, then I guess he was playing it and kept pressing Buy, Buy, Buy.
    Thank God, for text and email alert on my Credit Card. immediately Un-installed the game, and declined the chargeses for the extras. Why did it not ask for a password? If I re-install the game, can this happen again?
    Last edited by JORENO; 09-09-12 at 12:06 PM.
    09-09-12 11:48 AM
    I purchased the Running Fred game for the G-Baby. He got the Playbook, within 2 minutes I had 4 charges to my Credit Card. 1. $1.07 for the game. 2. $32.46 for 150,000 Skullies. 3. $5.40 for 15,000 Skullies. 4. $5.40 for 15,000 Skullies.
    Does this mean he can charge to my App world on the Playbook anytime? I had to put my password in to purchase the Game, then I guess he was playing it and kept pressing Buy, Buy, Buy.
    Thank God, for text and email alert on my Credit Card. immediately Un-installed the game, and declined the chargeses for the extras. Why did it not ask for a password? If I re-install the game, can this happen again?
    You should keep a closer eye on what your kid is doing and not use the Playbook as a babysitter. It's your own fault.

I would never buy a game where you have to continue buying stuff in order to play fully. Its one thing if the game were free to begin with, though. Its just a money grab....
    Last edited by sjc1963; 09-09-12 at 12:40 PM.
    09-09-12 12:16 PM
    You should keep a closer eye on what your kid is doing and not use the Playbook as a babysitter. It's your own fault.
    Loud noises!

I use PayPal. When I try to make in game purchases, it prompts me to log in with my BlackBerry ID, which requires a password. Not sure if it does that when you pay via credit card. It's unfortunate that it doesn't seem to. One option could be to change your payment method to PayPal, until you actually want to use your credit card, then you won't have to watch anyone like a hawk.
    09-09-12 01:11 PM
    Loud noises!

I use PayPal. When I try to make in game purchases, it prompts me to log in with my BlackBerry ID, which requires a password. Not sure if it does that when you pay via credit card. It's unfortunate that it doesn't seem to. One option could be to change your payment method to PayPal, until you actually want to use your credit card, then you won't have to watch anyone like a hawk.
    I did switch over to the Pay Pal option and it reverts to the BB ID Login as it should have when using my Credit Card.
    I had to log in to install the game, I installed the game. Gave him the Playbook. What are the chances that my log in session had not timed out yet when he got the Playbook, and he immediatlly started making purchases through the game?
    09-09-12 01:48 PM
    I did switch over to the Pay Pal option and it reverts to the BB ID Login as it should have when using my Credit Card.
    I had to log in to install the game, I installed the game. Gave him the Playbook. What are the chances that my log in session had not timed out yet when he got the Playbook, and he immediatlly started making purchases through the game?
    At least he didn't go on a tapping frenzy through App World. There must be a way to manually log out of your App World session. I couldn't find one though...
    09-09-12 01:56 PM
    Loud noises!
    Like the sound of car brakes and a thud?

-------

I don't trust Paypal, not since they allowed $3000 to be taken directly from my bank account. I had never actually used it or even told anyone that I had a Paypal account. Luckily I didn't have to pay any of it back because it was clear that it wasn't my fault.
    Last edited by sjc1963; 09-09-12 at 03:03 PM.
    09-09-12 02:59 PM
    It's unfortunate many games are coming out and what more money to get needed items to continue. And yes I know you don't have to buy them you can simply play a single stage for weeks to get the required points or whatever to get the items but the game is designed to continue making money.
    Seems like something apple may have come up with.
    09-09-12 03:55 PM
    RIM need to fix this whole.
    He should only be able to buy in app games off of his own account period. So what you bought the game for him. It should stop there and his bbid should control any and all future transactions.
    09-09-12 05:50 PM
    RIM need to fix this whole.
    He should only be able to buy in app games off of his own account period. So what you bought the game for him. It should stop there and his bbid should control any and all future transactions.
    09-09-12 05:50 PM
    Apple actually installed a preference to prevent this sort of thing from happening when it first started (I believe it was Smurfberries in the case of iOS). This should be handled at the operating system level.
    09-09-12 06:11 PM
    Like the sound of car brakes and a thud?
    No, like the sound of a very judgmental gavel hitting the table. I read back over all the op's posts, and I didn't find one that references children or parenting. Somehow you've concluded that he's a bad parent, and deserves what happened, and completely ignored his basic question. You also have the apparent support of mhinc, stackberry369, bounce007 and PedroBorgas, so there's got to be something in your prejudice.

When I was 5, my mother placed apple slices on a plate for me, and went back to the kitchen. I crammed them all in my mouth, and burst the blood vessels in my face choking on them. My mother knew the difference between a plate of apple slices and a baby sitter. My mother's the best person I've ever known, and the best parent I've ever met. There are lines that should not be crossed, and you and your cronies just crossed one.
    09-09-12 11:30 PM
    No, like the sound of a very judgmental gavel hitting the table. I read back over all the op's posts, and I didn't find one that references children or parenting. Somehow you've concluded that he's a bad parent, and deserves what happened, and completely ignored his basic question. You also have the apparent support of mhinc, stackberry369, bounce007 and PedroBorgas, so there's got to be something in your prejudice.
    You shouldn't have stopped seeing your analysist. You still have many unresolved issues.

When I was 5, my mother placed apple slices on a plate for me, and went back to the kitchen. I crammed them all in my mouth, and burst the blood vessels in my face choking on them. My mother knew the difference between a plate of apple slices and a baby sitter. My mother's the best person I've ever known, and the best parent I've ever met. There are lines that should not be crossed, and you and your cronies just crossed one.
    When I was 3 my mother had to work and left my little sister and I home with our grandparents. They never had an emptynest.

BTW, how is leaving the kid alone with a Playbook, and an open charge account, anywhere near like leaving them alone with a choking hazard like apple slices? One is just stupid and the other is completely irresponsible. Seems like your mother should have known better. With young ones EVERYTHING goes in the mouth..... You can't choke on a Playbook.
    09-10-12 05:02 AM
    When I was 3 my mother had to work and left my little sister and I home with our grandparents. They never had an emptynest.

BTW, how is leaving the kid alone with a Playbook, and an open charge account, anywhere near like leaving them alone with a choking hazard like apple slices? One is just stupid and the other is completely irresponsible. Seems like your mother should have known better. With young ones EVERYTHING goes in the mouth..... You can't choke on a Playbook.
    When I was five, my mother had been divorced and left here in Canada to raise two sons in a house she couldn't afford on her own, working full time without friends, and all of her family in another country. She devoted her life to us, not wanting to bring us back to where we came from, because in her mind, here was better than there. I had my first job at 9 years old, mowing lawns and shoveling drives to help make ends meet. I've worked every year of my life since.

So despite her being stupid and irresponsible and not knowing any better, my mother still managed to keep two kids alive, raising a PhD in organic chemistry who paid his way through university with scholarships, and a director of a centre for disadvantaged and delinquent youth.

More importantly, she taught us respect and consideration. She taught us that our words and actions affect those around us.
    09-10-12 07:58 AM
    When I was five, my mother had been divorced and left here in Canada to raise two sons in a house she couldn't afford on her own, working full time without friends, and all of her family in another country. She devoted her life to us, not wanting to bring us back to where we came from, because in her mind, here was better than there. I had my first job at 9 years old, mowing lawns and shoveling drives to help make ends meet. I've worked every year of my life since.

So despite her being stupid and irresponsible and not knowing any better, my mother still managed to keep two kids alive, raising a PhD in organic chemistry who paid his way through university with scholarships, and a director of a centre for disadvantaged and delinquent youth.

More importantly, she taught us respect and consideration. She taught us that our words and actions affect those around us.

Like I had said, these two situations have absolutely nothing in common. You still have issues from your youth. Seek professional help. You are making this much more than it actually is. In other words you are trying to make it about yourself. A sure sign that you need help. You have my pity. For you to say more is only further proving my point. You will just go on making a fool of yourself.
    09-10-12 08:35 AM

Like I had said, these two situations have absolutely nothing in common. You still have issues from your youth. Seek professional help. You are making this much more than it actually is. In other words you are trying to make it about yourself. A sure sign that you need help. You have my pity. For you to say more is only further proving my point. You will just go on making a fool of yourself.

BTW, if you want to talk about having it hard growing up you should know that I'm a victim of Thalidomide, but I still tried to make as much of life as I could. Try being a child who had to be extremely careful on how he played for fear of dislocating any of one's joints painfully.
    Last edited by sjc1963; 09-10-12 at 08:45 AM.
    09-10-12 08:39 AM

BTW, if you want to talk about having it hard growing up you should know that I'm a victim of Thalidomide, but I still tried to make as much of life as I could. Try being a child who had to be extremely careful on how he played for fear of dislocating any of one's joints painfully.
    I didn't think it was hard growing up, my mother shouldered that burden while teaching me how to do things that made things easier for all of us, without me knowing. And I wasn't making it about myself. This whole thread has become about you, and judging people in a very sensitive area based on single uncontextualized incidents.

I'm sorry you're a victim of thalidomide. I'm sorry my brother had two open heart surgeries in his youth, and couldn't participate in physical activities for risk of heart failure. I'm sorry that half the teens I work with are victims of a plethora of injustices.

The only things you should be sorry for are the comments you've made.
    09-10-12 09:17 AM
    I didn't think it was hard growing up, my mother shouldered that burden while teaching me how to do things that made things easier for all of us, without me knowing. And I wasn't making it about myself. This whole thread has become about you, and judging people in a very sensitive area based on single uncontextualized incidents.

I'm sorry you're a victim of thalidomide. I'm sorry my brother had two open heart surgeries in his youth, and couldn't participate in physical activities for risk of heart failure. I'm sorry that half the teens I work with are victims of a plethora of injustices.

The only things you should be sorry for are the comments you've made.
    Whatever turns your crank, peewee.

You're still trying to make this about you and trying to project it on others.. You should seek professional help. Otherwise you like being a fool. Please continue. You're worth at least some entrainment value if nothing else. I'll just sit back and watch you made even more of a fool of yourself.

Remember, only you can prevent forest fires.
    09-10-12 09:49 AM
    Whatever turns your crank, peewee.

You're still trying to make this about you and trying to project it on others.. You should seek professional help. Otherwise you like being a fool. Please continue. You're worth at least some entrainment value if nothing else. I'll just sit back and watch you made even more of a fool of yourself.

Remember, only you can prevent forest fires.
    I'm worth more than entertainment. Your bandwagon of supporters seems to have dispersed. I've stood up for someone who I think was wronged. I've spoken for anyone else who may have felt the same as me about what you wrote, and hopefully written something they wanted to express. And I've spoken to anyone else who may be thinking that it's okay to take undeserved cheap shots at people by letting them know that at least one person will come after them and drag it out.
    sagec likes this.
    09-10-12 10:28 AM
    If I were you, I would stay away from any games or apps that use the Android 'Freemium' model. You can quickly find that your child can spend a lot of money without even knowing it. As stated earlier in the thread, Apple came under fire for the same thing, and had to change the way in app purchases are made.

Perhaps RIM may be open to doing the same thing.

Sadly, I expect to see many more apps/games sold under this model.
    09-10-12 11:25 AM
    I'm worth more than entertainment. Your bandwagon of supporters seems to have dispersed. I've stood up for someone who I think was wronged. I've spoken for anyone else who may have felt the same as me about what you wrote, and hopefully written something they wanted to express. And I've spoken to anyone else who may be thinking that it's okay to take undeserved cheap shots at people by letting them know that at least one person will come after them and drag it out.
    Whatever turns your crank, peewee. Theater dark enough for yeah? Seems that you also need validation as well. The more I speak with you the more I pity you. Fool. You're just embarassing yourself the more you say and the more you prove me right as well. I don't need the validation of others either. That's weak minded.
    Last edited by sjc1963; 09-10-12 at 05:58 PM.
    09-10-12 05:54 PM
    What I was getting at was that I have always logged in to download a game, maybe the logon session did not time out, when I gave the kid the Playbook. Was just asking a question, and give awareness. I love my grandkid, my Wife wanted to get him a IPAD, I love Blackberry, and I'm a supporter. I sold her out to getting him a Playbook. I now see the nieces and nephews playing on their ipads, and say wow! I am happy the kid has a Playbook at 5 years old, It would have been in 1967 for me. Do yo remember when your friend had a ATARI and know-body else had one. This thread was all about Blackberry APP World, and not about how to raise your kid's or you kid's. I want mine to have more than I had!
    09-10-12 08:00 PM
    Nice derailing of a thread.. smh.
    09-10-12 10:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD