My brother phoned Netflix and this what he was told:

"...told that BB Playbook is on their list of new devices, and the expectation is the release date will be timed with OS2."
    02-02-12 09:13 AM
    My brother phoned Netflix and this what he was told:

"...told that BB Playbook is on their list of new devices, and the expectation is the release date will be timed with OS2."
    I believe it. It's a heavily promoted, well-known, and in-demand app, and it would be a mistake -- at the very least from a marketing perspective -- if RIM didn't move heaven and earth to get it on the PB.

(Cue the clueless telling us how they tried Netflix once, blah, blah, blah.)
    SlcCorrado likes this.
    02-02-12 09:20 AM
    More fun info from my brother's call with Netflix customer service:

"Netflix Cust Svc ______ actually couldn't hide his disgust with his iPad. Everything from too big, bulky to slow. I was surprised. He wanted to know more about BB Playbook. I think I answered more questions than he did."
    02-02-12 09:40 AM
    So, I had to call myself and see if there was unity in their messaging.

The first time I called, I got a lady who said, "it's definitely coming" She wouldn't get any more specific than that.

I called again. This time I got a dude. After checking with his "research team" he told me, "It's definitely coming end of February. It's a QNX app, not android"

There wasn't any hesitation in these reps' answers, so we may be onto the genuine article here. :-)
    02-02-12 10:19 AM
    in root files there is a netflix folder, at least there is on my device, os 2.0beta
    02-02-12 10:23 AM
    This is good news! I refuse to pay what they want for cable, so my family does everything through wifi and we ALL have Playbooks. Thanks for sharing.
    Kingkracker, zethaaron and bmw328i like this.
    02-02-12 10:56 AM
    I believe it. It's a heavily promoted, well-known, and in-demand app, and it would be a mistake -- at the very least from a marketing perspective -- if RIM didn't move heaven and earth to get it on the PB.

(Cue the clueless telling us how they tried Netflix once, blah, blah, blah.)
    Considering the huge amounts of BAD PR Netflix took last year, I would believe that they would want to have PlayBook users on their side!
    02-02-12 11:23 AM
    very interesting...
    02-02-12 11:45 AM
    For TEN months all (5) of my phone conversations with Netflix, I have been told; nope, nadda, I don't think so and NO......I will believe it when I see it
    02-02-12 12:04 PM
    anyone else confirm this?
    02-02-12 12:47 PM
    For TEN months all (5) of my phone conversations with Netflix, I have been told; nope, nadda, I don't think so and NO......I will believe it when I see it
    For one, CS Reps would have no idea, until they got the memo from higher up. Secondly, why would they have Reps admit it was coming to the PB for the past 5-8 months and have people cry and moan that its not out yet.

Makes sense to me. OS2 is almost upon us and they finally got the info from the Dev team.

That said, I could care less for myself, as I dont pay for Netflix streaming. However, I hope it does come soon for the Platform's sake.
    02-02-12 12:48 PM
    A few others please call and post your own experience: 888-638-3549

On both calls here was no hold time...
    Last edited by sagec; 02-02-12 at 01:08 PM.
    02-02-12 12:51 PM
    Very nice, cheerful, friendly rep, was not able to find any info to this effect, not even water-cooler scuttlebutt. Someone do better.
    02-02-12 01:20 PM
    Well it sounds to good to be true, so I call their CS number at 1-877-742-1480 and the rep at first did not know, he put me on hold and came back with the following;

They have no idea if and when it will happen.

-Jeff
    02-02-12 01:21 PM
    Well if it does come out, that will be one less app the trolls can go on and on about.

Skype is going to become the make or break app that determines the value of the Playbook now eh?
    02-02-12 01:36 PM
    Where there's smoke, there's usually fire...
    02-02-12 01:38 PM
    Well it sounds to good to be true, so I call their CS number at 1-877-742-1480 and the rep at first did not know, he put me on hold and came back with the following;

They have no idea if and when it will happen.

-Jeff
    Just for fun, I called the 877 number you used and had a similar experience. Then I called 888 638-5349 again and was told in no uncertain terms that they are definitely working on it and end of February sounds right.

I asked about the difference with the 877 number and was told it was a different call center. If you listen carefully you'll hear differences in the greetings. :-)
    Last edited by sagec; 02-02-12 at 02:30 PM.
    02-02-12 02:26 PM
    Ok just called the 877 number and I'm not sure the rep knew what she was talking about. One she had no idea what the blackberry playbook was (she actually asked me twice if it was an android device). Two she told me I would have to call blackberry because they are the ones would would actually have to develop the app for netflix.
    02-02-12 02:44 PM
    Now, who'll volunteer to call the 888 number so we can get someone else's experience posted beyond mine? :-D
    02-02-12 02:57 PM
    Just for fun, I called the 877 number you used and had a similar experience. Then I called 888 638-5349 again and was told in no uncertain terms that they are definitely working on it and end of February sounds right.

I asked about the difference with the 877 number and was told it was a different call center. If you listen carefully you'll hear differences in the greetings. :-)
    I had a feeling something like this might have been the case. It sounds like one call centre told their employees and the other didn't or didn't get the memo from corporate yet.
    02-02-12 02:58 PM
    Well, for my birthday, my sister offered me netflix dvd or wifi. I'm still thinking about it.
    02-02-12 11:24 PM
    insert_next_app_that_the_playbook_is_worthless_wit hout
    sushistew likes this.
    02-02-12 11:28 PM
    I'll chime in on this one. Got to use my 'priority service code' when looking for the cs number. Got a girl who said she 'didnt think so but were working on it'

Harassed here a little bit. All I really got was that they were working on it, and it wasnt available yet.

I'm still figuring for 2.0. Would make sense. If nothing else for a re-package of the android version.

Hope so either way.
    02-03-12 12:03 AM
    just called and the lady said "she didnt know you could download apps on blackberrys" but she also said that she wouldnt doubt they would be making something for it...
    02-03-12 12:22 AM
    Problem is customer support is always an I in the RACI chart.

You need an analyst, developer, escalation support, product manager etc.

Service staff wont know until right before release and some companies wouldnt even bother to tell them.
    02-03-12 01:09 AM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD